Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Somerset 2012
I'm with ya. And I'll take good competition, close games and a couple losses every day of the week over that weak snoozefest Cobb schedule from a few years ago!
Norm Peterson Wrote:With their schedule and a first year starter at quarterback I'd say 2-3 losses in the regular season would be about right. I don't know much about East Jessamine except that they lost their running back but Southwestern, Hazard, Breathitt County, Whitley County, Glasgow, Danville, LCA and Perry County Central are all capable of beating the Jumpers if they have an off night. Several of those teams are capable of beating them even if they don't have an off night. In that schedule you have 3 5A teams (one of them a regional champion) , the 1A state champion, the 2A state runner-up, a 3A regional champion and a big time rival in Danville. I don't think any realistic Somerset fan expects them to run the table.

Those type of schedules pay dividends in November, Somerset is a prime example of that over the past few seasons.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Those type of schedules pay dividends in November, Somerset is a prime example of that over the past few seasons.

It doesn't matter who you are...
your play in the postseason reflects who you have played against.

Clock management, 2-minute drills, in-game adjustments...
you just aren't able to do that stuff well without doing it against an opposing first-team defense
I like Somerset's Schedule, Tough but workable with the talent they have. I'll be happy with a 7-3 , 8-2 record and a Dist Championship. Both will be hard but not out of reach. I think this bunch will get better as year goes on. Looking FWD. to the year.
If the O can get going this can be a really good team. Last year it just seemed like a struggle everytime Somerset had the ball against the better teams on their schedule. Of course their opponents had something to do with that, but the Jumpers just didn't feel like the Jumpers when they were trying to move the ball last year.
I feel like this Team will be able to move the ball on anyone. This bunch can be explosive. They have a lot of weapons. Should be fun to watch.
Jumper Dad Wrote:If the O can get going this can be a really good team. Last year it just seemed like a struggle everytime Somerset had the ball against the better teams on their schedule. Of course their opponents had something to do with that, but the Jumpers just didn't feel like the Jumpers when they were trying to move the ball last year.

That was because their best running back had to play quarterback. At the end of the day last year's team advanced exactly as far as the 2010 team did against a much, much tougher schedule..
Somerset will move the ball by Committee. They have Lang, Slauter, Jones and a couple more capable of carring the ball. They have 3 TE's that can catch the ball in Jacoby, Will and Tyson. They have 5 or six good Reveivers led by Chev. This bunch will be very explosive. Looking FWD. to the start of the Season. Go JUmpers!!
saw them at the LWC passing tournament, didnt look half bad with the new kid from McCreary central
Russell_Football Wrote:saw them at the LWC passing tournament, didnt look half bad with the new kid from McCreary central

Williams did not play at Lindsey Wilson College 7 0n 7. You were looking at 25 not 24 or are you one of Robert Jones, Sucks trying to start trouble????? I ask because the Guy don't know when to Stop!!!
Norm Peterson Wrote:That was because their best running back had to play quarterback. At the end of the day last year's team advanced exactly as far as the 2010 team did against a much, much tougher schedule..

I wasn't taking a shot at last years team, just stating that the offense never seemed to jell last season. I am fully aware of what the obstacles were for last years team.

Who brought up 2010?
Norm Peterson Wrote:That was because their best running back had to play quarterback. At the end of the day last year's team advanced exactly as far as the 2010 team did against a much, much tougher schedule..

The 2010 Jumpers would have done well against the competition on the 11-12 and 12-13 schedule. If Storm Wilson's appendix waits 2 more weeks to rupture the 10' Jumpers play Central in a very competitive state championship game IMO. The 11' jumpers were very good up front on both sides of the football, and the toughness of their schedule prepared a young Jumper team for their ultimately deep playoff run.
JumperPride1 Wrote:The 2010 Jumpers would have done well against the competition on the 11-12 and 12-13 schedule. If Storm Wilson's appendix waits 2 more weeks to rupture the 10' Jumpers play Central in a very competitive state championship game IMO. The 11' jumpers were very good up front on both sides of the football, and the toughness of their schedule prepared a young Jumper team for their ultimately deep playoff run.

Agree with all of this. Discipline has been a huge factor in our last two playoff exits as well. Hopefully that is corrected this year with the added experience.
I'm ready for 2012!!! This is a much different team with different questions to be answered that will determine just how good we can be! I personally believe in this group of kids and believe that anything less than a state title will be underachieving! I will miss the hell outa some of last years seniors but let's move on to the 2012 Jumpers. This team can be special and all jumper fans should be excited. As for discipline, we are a disciplined squad and will show this early. Is it just me or does it seem that there are a few fans that seem jealous of other squads. Some of the attitude and jealousy amongst current, ex, and future jumper parents and some fans in general, sickens me! I'm not from Somerset but I know many communities would kill for the talent the jumpers bring year after year. The kids are very blessed to have coach Lucas, Moose, Singleton, Ford, Perkins and Teague! I get on here to be positive and to try to get people pumped about the jumpers and the next thing you see is some one correcting me on 40 times and stats. I will put my knowledge on speed training against anyone around but I don't feel the need to flaunt or belittle some one because I get what they are trying to say or they simply don't understand. It's ridiculous and that's just one example. With some of the knowledge on here, it's hard to believe coach Lucas has a job!!!! LMAO! Jj..... Let the coaches coach and sit back and enjoy the year!
I intend to do just that, Can be special.
I know that none of the starting spots are sealed yet. However, heading into the scrimmage Saturday I have a couple of questions: Who looks to have the edge in the quarterback competition? Does it look like we'll be heading into the season planning on using both or is one ahead of the other? Who will be playing right tackle? I know that Tyler Wilson was taking some reps there but after talking to Stambaugh last night he thinks Tyler will be at right guard. Will it be Ehrsam and Bridge trading out or does one of them look to be the starter? What about the running back situation? If everyone is healthy I'm guessing we'll see a situation more like 09 and 10 where we had 3-4 backs get 6-8 carries each rather than one back getting 15-20 carries? There is a lot of depth here.

Also with 3 very good tight ends will we see a lot of 2 and 3 tight end sets? With Williams, Gilmore and Hinton you have 3 kids that can block and catch very well at that position. It will be hard to keep any of them off of the field.

I won't get to go to the scrimmage so someone post some updates. Is it going to be a live game scrimmage using the clock and special teams or will it be one where each offense runs a set number of plays?