Poll: Who wins?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
New England Patriots
50.00%
New York Giants
50.00%
* You voted for this item.

• 1(current)
  • Next 
  Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New York Giants vs New England Patriots (Super Bowl XLVI - 2/5/12)
Thoughts? Predictions?
NYG for me
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Pats by 3TD's.
New York Giants!
A lot of media calling this a rematch. This is hardly a rematch of the two teams from four years ago. I'd call it a rematch of the Franchises, but not the teams. The Giants bring 8 starters from that Super Bowl, while the Patriots bring 5. The look of both of these teams are completely different with the exception of the QB's.
Pats 14+
Is there any way that neither team can win? haha
New York 31-30.
SB is in Indy. That means either Brady or younger Manning will use Peytons locker. AFC is the home team, so it's going to be Mannings long time rival. What a slap in the face. Quite hilarious.
I want the Pats to win, but I can't convince myself they're the favorites(even though Vegas disagrees). Giants beat NE in Foxboro and ended their huge home winning streak. Both teams have gotten better and look completely different than when they played mid season.
The Giants should be favored in this game for many reasons:

A) The game will be played in a dome, which means the more athletic team will have an advantage. That obviously is the Giants with their pass rushers and their receivers vs the Pats' secondary.

B) The Giants are scorching hot and oozing with confidence. They just won on the road, in a monsoon. Yet, they are still theoretical underdogs, or according to Vegas they are. Don't think that won't motivate them.

C) The Giants have confidence from the victory they had over the Patriots in Foxborough, earlier this season.

BUT, I am picking the Patriots to win this game. I am going against logic and going with my gut that says Tom Brady will carry the Patriots to another super bowl title.

Prediction: Patriots, 27-23
Spread has opened at New England -3.5.... A little to high in my opinion.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'd say that spread will change before SB Sunday
^
I agree...give me Gmen +3.5 all day err day.

Giants-28
Pats-23
Revenge game for patriots. As of late (in every sport that matters) the revenge game has always gone to the previous loser. My hatred for the patriots is unmatched but I think they will want to beat them not just for this year's loss but their most recent SB as well.
MVP2 Wrote:^
I agree...give me Gmen +3.5 all day err day.

Giants-28
Pats-23

I don't think the Giants cover it.
Avi bet?
zaga_fan Wrote:I'd say that spread will change before SB Sunday

It will change 100 times... Super Bowl is bet on by a lot of people... Vegas loves Super Bowl
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm not picking a winner until the friday of the Super Bowl. You never know what will happen in 2 weeks. You know how many players can go to jail in 2 weeks.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:I don't think the Giants cover it.
Avi bet?

Yup. I got NY +3.5
MVP2 Wrote:Yup. I got NY +3.5

Alright...
before I agree on this.

I'm not much of a betting man lol

So if the Patriots when by 4 or more I win.
Anything else and it's yours?
zaga_fan Wrote:Alright...
before I agree on this.

I'm not much of a betting man lol

So if the Patriots when by 4 or more I win.
Anything else and it's yours?

Correct.
should be a good superbowl. Im saying Giants by 3.
MVP2 Wrote:Correct.

Alrighty then
ekff Wrote:I'm not picking a winner until the friday of the Super Bowl. You never know what will happen in 2 weeks. You know how many players can go to jail in 2 weeks.
That is only a factor if the Bengals are in the Super Bowl.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gronkowski has a high ankle sprain.
I don't see him missing the game.
He sat out of practice but he has a whole extra week to get ready.
I was surprised he came back in the game.
I thought he broke his ankle at first.
High ankle sprains can be bad, look at Pouncey for the Steelers last year. Full two weeks he still couldn't play. Hope he is okay and all but hope he re-injures it so he can't play. Pats are easily the favorite, and Tom Brady and Coach Bill is all you need to know why they are the favorite, but screw them both...Go Giants!!!

Giants-34
Pats-23
NBC just showed Tom Brady walking to the locker room. He definitely had his game face on. And by game face I mean he looked pissed off.
Tiquan Underwood should see if the NY Giants can use a wide receiver full of knowledge for today's game.
ESPN's Sal Paolantonio has reported a few inactives for the Super Bowl. New England running back Kevin Faulk and New York linebacker Mark Herzlich are both out tonigh
  • 1(current)
  • Next