Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Owsley County 66 Powell County 59
I don't have any stats but just have called someone and got the score. I believe that seals the number 1 seed for the Lady Owls for the 56th District Tournament. I think Owsley has won 9 of their last 10 games.
This means Estill has to beat Owsley by 16 to get the number one seed.
It's not sealed yet they still have to play Estill. I know Estill has to beat Owsley by 16. As much as I would love for them too I don't see Estill beating Owsley by 16 but other's say it can be down, been done worse before. Feb. 3rd will determine it all but I do agree with LOOKAYANNER.

(1) Owsley vs. (4) Lee
(2) Estill vs. (3) Powell
You're right. It's not over yet. Owsley is 5-0 with one remaining game at Estill. Estill is 2-1 with remaining games at home vs Powell and Owsley and one road game at Lee. If Estill sweeps those 3 games and beats Owsley more than 16 then they would be number 1.
Should make for some interesting games in the 56th District.
Actually there is a point cut off. No scores are counted past a defeat of 15. So if Estill beats Owsley by 30 it only counts as a 15 point win. The one seed would then be decided by a coin flip.
LOOKAYANNER Wrote:You're right. It's not over yet. Owsley is 5-0 with one remaining game at Estill. Estill is 2-1 with remaining games at home vs Powell and Owsley and one road game at Lee. If Estill sweeps those 3 games and beats Owsley more than 16 then they would be number 1.

Lucky is correct.What I have bolded here in my comment is wrong.

It doesn't matter if Estill wins by 16 or 40, it will only count as 15. That is the cutoff number that was put in place years ago to keep teams from running up the score on opponents. If Estill wins by 15 then it is a tie and goes to a coin toss to decide the top seed. Owsley can do no worse than a tie, but if it gets to that point then their fate lies in a coin toss. Hopefully it won't come to that.
what about if Estill wins between 10-14 does it count for 15 or does it just count if it's a 15+ win?
If estill wins by less than 15 then owsley is the one seed.