Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Best Middle School Squad In State?
Who do you think is the best middle school squad in knetucky...NOT just the mountains. IMO...North Laurel Middle. Obivously it's that little squad! They were the first team in 3 years to take down Foley and the first squad other than Foley that has won a back to back state championship. They also were the only middle school in Kentucky to go to Nationals and place....I'm open for discussion.
:biggrin:
omgsh I LOVE north laurel..they're so good!  I wish my cheerleading squad could be as good as north laurel!  They're my role models! :biggrin:
i think its north laurel i watched them at natonals and talked to them, yeah ive seen foley before too they are pretty good theres another team i cant think of the name that is awesome when i think of it ill get back to you
I thought North Laurel was awesome at nationals....
I think ac has got a really good middle school squad...most of em will go on to high schoolk and improve even more
well i saw anderson county at state and they werent what people made them out to be. the nlms cheerleaders WIPED them off the floor...what team do you cheer for cheer_leader?
Pikeville Jr. High has the best program.
Pikeville's squad has to be up there!
I've never seen the other teams, but I know Pikeville has to be one of the best in the state!
cheer_babe21 Wrote:Who do you think is the best middle school squad in knetucky...NOT just the mountains. IMO...North Laurel Middle. Obivously it's that little squad! They were the first team in 3 years to take down Foley and the first squad other than Foley that has won a back to back state championship. They also were the only middle school in Kentucky to go to Nationals and place....I'm open for discussion.
:biggrin:
Well.....Pikeville White is a Middle School squad and they won Nationals.
I think that i must go with Pikeville.:o
yeah pikeville white kicks pants. they're awesome and they won 1st place at nationals so i guess they're the best!
I would have to agree. Have seen both. Pikeville is better.
Pikeville is good.
yea Pikeville is really good..
did North Laurel place 6th at nationals??
or am I mistaken??
Yes, North Laurel is awsome, but Johnson County Middle has a really great 07-08 squad too. Infact they recieved 2nd in state, though they were much cleaner then North Laurel but North Laurel had more difficulty. So before the big Tennessee Competiton, Johnson County made there routine much more difficult and nailed it in a HUGE competiton in Tennessee. They won that and over 15 other trophies just this year. Congrats girls.
I agree that North Laurel and Pikeville are both great squads. I think you also have to look at Johnson County Middle School. They only lost to North Laurel by 12 pts. at the Middle School State Open and went back and changed the difficulty level of their routine. With the right routines and experience they could go to nationals and hold their own. They also performed at the Morehead Showcase with Pikeville Junior high and although Pikeville had some more difficult stunts Johnson County was much cleaner and sharper.
I've said this in another post and I'll say it again....Johnson County Middle is my *favorite* team to watch in the entire 15th region out all high schools and middle schools. Everything they do, they do it well. And this is from someone who has no ties to that school. Earlier in this thread I said that Pikeville was the best....but I have changed my mind.
Pikeville Jr. High went to UCA Nationals and placed 2nd.
Last year they won the national title.
If you look at the dates, he noted that Pikeville White won nationals.... in 2007!
Powell Co. Middle looks good this year.
luv2cheer Wrote:I agree that North Laurel and Pikeville are both great squads. I think you also have to look at Johnson County Middle School. They only lost to North Laurel by 12 pts. at the Middle School State Open and went back and changed the difficulty level of their routine. With the right routines and experience they could go to nationals and hold their own. They also performed at the Morehead Showcase with Pikeville Junior high and although Pikeville had some more difficult stunts Johnson County was much cleaner and sharper.

That's early, Pikeville will be in a league by theirself when it counts.
I just wish that Pikeville AND Belfry would decide which squad will compete against Middle Schools - I think that some grades, ages and by laws should be checked - these coaches have everyone in the region to intimidated to question there ethics
cheerchamp15 Wrote:I just wish that Pikeville AND Belfry would decide which squad will compete against Middle Schools - I think that some grades, ages and by laws should be checked - these coaches have everyone in the region to intimidated to question there ethics

The rules for juior high division at nationals clearly states that if you are in grades 6,7,8, and 9 you can compete in that division as long as the majority of your squad isn't freshman.

Pikeville does NOT have anyone older than a freshmen that competes. There are only maybe 5 freshman total on the squad.
I am always completely blown away by North Laurel. But Pikeville has always stayed strong and been on top.
Belfry Middle Schoo. I heard they just won first place in Lexington ...and had two national invites.
Way to go Pirate cheerleaders.
cheerchamp15 Wrote:I just wish that Pikeville AND Belfry would decide which squad will compete against Middle Schools - I think that some grades, ages and by laws should be checked - these coaches have everyone in the region to intimidated to question there ethics

Don't include Belfry in with that statement....Belfry Middle School has a Varsity and a JV squad and I know, for a fact, every girl on Belfry Middle School's squads is a student at Belfry Middle School which consists of grades 6th, 7th, & 8th. Belfry High School has both a Varsity and a JV squad which cheers for Belfry High School teams.

I know this for a fact because I have a daughter who is a Senior at Belfry High School and cheers on the Varsity squad and a daughter on the Belfry Middle School Varsity squad.

Belfry Middle Varsity has a lot of girls on their squad, but feel free to check and you will find that ALL girls are students at Belfry Middle School.
i've gotta say louisa middle. like 8 girls on that team are already throwing standing tucks. every single one them have good tumbling.

plus, those girls have more heart and desire than any team i know. they're for sure gonna be a nationals team in highschool........
Breathitt Bobcat Wrote:Powell Co. Middle looks good this year.

Powell county middle does look good.
they have good tumbling.
Pirate Pal Wrote:Don't include Belfry in with that statement....Belfry Middle School has a Varsity and a JV squad and I know, for a fact, every girl on Belfry Middle School's squads is a student at Belfry Middle School which consists of grades 6th, 7th, & 8th. Belfry High School has both a Varsity and a JV squad which cheers for Belfry High School teams.

I know this for a fact because I have a daughter who is a Senior at Belfry High School and cheers on the Varsity squad and a daughter on the Belfry Middle School Varsity squad.

Belfry Middle Varsity has a lot of girls on their squad, but feel free to check and you will find that ALL girls are students at Belfry Middle School.

Belfry is the most underated team in the whole state!
Pond creek nation Wrote:Belfry is the most underated team in the whole state!

I highly doubt that. Belfry has always been dominat in cheerleading. Their name is always brought up when talking about the top teams. They have such a strong program, and there are plenty of people who recognize that.