Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
New Football Conference?
Has anyone heard if Bell, Knox, Whitley, Northern Pulaski, and Southern Pulaski have formed a conference. If so that will be one heck of a conference.:flame:
You would think Corbin would want to jump in that conference. But I also hear Corbin wont play Whitley, Bell or Knox.
Tough Conference it would be the SEC of Kentucky Middle School Football. Both Pulaski coming of state titles, Whitley a deep run this year, Knox deep run last year and put out by Whitley this year, Bell always competitive eventhough they have exited the playoffs in the first round the last two years. Don't see why an independent would want to join that conference though because it gaurantees that a couple of those teams will be left out and that shouldnt happen.
I would love to see it.
I think they should add a couple, maybe north and south laurel and possibly a rockcastle or something. Corbin should join to but as fever said they wont play whitley or bell so thats a waste of time.
That would make up a pretty tough conference. And it would be good for the schools involved because they allow holdbacks to play during their holdbacks year. That's something that Corbin, north and south laurel, and somerset doesn't allow so you won't see them in a conference with those rules. Clay county could be a team that might be a good fit for that conference.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I would love to see it.
I think they should add a couple, maybe north and south laurel and possibly a rockcastle or something. Corbin should join to but as fever said they wont play whitley or bell so thats a waste of time.

goBIGblue82 Wrote:That would make up a pretty tough conference. And it would be good for the schools involved because they allow holdbacks to play during their holdbacks year. That's something that Corbin, north and south laurel, and somerset doesn't allow so you won't see them in a conference with those rules. Clay county could be a team that might be a good fit for that conference.
You are going to see it, it has already happened.
meat loaf Wrote:You are going to see it, it has already happened.

fill us in meatloaf. who alls joining in?
Can you give us a list of all the teams in the new conference?
South Kentucky Elite Football Conference

Bell County, Knox County, Northern Pulaski, Southern Pulaski, & Whitley County. It's official and games have been scheduled. This could be the best middle school football conference ever assembled in my opinion. Whoever said this was the SEC of Kentucky middle school football is right, that's for sure.
Wildcat18 Wrote:South Kentucky Elite Football Conference

Bell County, Knox County, Northern Pulaski, Southern Pulaski, & Whitley County. It's official and games have been scheduled. This could be the best middle school football conference ever assembled in my opinion. Whoever said this was the SEC of Kentucky middle school football is right, that's for sure.

That is a POWER conference for sure.
IDK why any other team would want in this conference.
Talk about some great games next year.
I hope this conference thrives and stays together.
wildcat18 Wrote:south kentucky elite football conference

bell county, knox county, northern pulaski, southern pulaski, & whitley county. It's official and games have been scheduled. This could be the best middle school football conference ever assembled in my opinion. Whoever said this was the sec of kentucky middle school football is right, that's for sure.

sec football comparison is priceless what with the win at all cost attitudes of these schools.... With all the hold back kids they should call it the senior division or better yet.... Freshman football
That will be a great conference.
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:sec football comparison is priceless what with the win at all cost attitudes of these schools.... With all the hold back kids they should call it the senior division or better yet.... Freshman football

About 90% of your comments on this forum is whining about hold backs, so I tend to overlook most of it. It's not win at all cost when you follow the rules.

While we're on the topic though, I've heard through the grapevine that some of your players/parents have inquired about the hold back possibilities outside of Louisville. I suggest you preach to the ones in your own backyard, opposed to wasting your time on here insinuating that everyone outside of Louisville is always cheating. It sounds like an excuse and makes you look like a sore loser from outsiders. I respect your program at Farnsley a great deal, but every time you comment on here with the negativity, I lose a little more respect. Good luck to you all next season.
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:sec football comparison is priceless what with the win at all cost attitudes of these schools.... With all the hold back kids they should call it the senior division or better yet.... Freshman football

:Sad04:
wildcat18 Wrote:about 90% of your comments on this forum is whining about hold backs, so i tend to overlook most of it. It's not win at all cost when you follow the rules.

While we're on the topic though, i've heard through the grapevine that some of your players/parents have inquired about the hold back possibilities outside of louisville. I suggest you preach to the ones in your own backyard, opposed to wasting your time on here insinuating that everyone outside of louisville is always cheating. It sounds like an excuse and makes you look like a sore loser from outsiders. I respect your program at farnsley a great deal, but every time you comment on here with the negativity, i lose a little more respect. Good luck to you all next season.

wildcat i don't need your respect and i will always think holding a kid back just for sports is wrong and i have already heard all the whats best for the kids bull so save that... What do you mean we have inquired about holdback possibilities outside of louisville..... And please do not let my comments reflect on the respect you have for farnsley's program i speak for no one at farnsley other than myself that program is only 2 years old and has been to the final 4 both seasons ...and thats all i have to say about that
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:wildcat i don't need your respect and i will always think holding a kid back just for sports is wrong and i have already heard all the whats best for the kids bull so save that... What do you mean we have inquired about holdback possibilities outside of louisville..... And please do not let my comments reflect on the respect you have for farnsley's program i speak for no one at farnsley other than myself that program is only 2 years old and has been to the final 4 both seasons ...and thats all i have to say about that

I didn't expect anything less from you. I could get on these forums and say that we beat Farnsley twice by a total of 54-14 this season in 90% of my comments under EVERY SINGLE TOPIC POSTED regardless to what it's about, but I choose not to. If I did that and you see it repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, and repeating some more, you would think it gets old. You have every right to your opinion and Farnsley does have my respect. You all have had great runs and I expect you will continue to do so. Between the teams in this conference, we have (I think) 4 state champions (and I predict the state champion in BOTH 7th & 8th grades in 2012 will come from THIS conference), we have a couple of state finals participants, and a couple of final 4 participants over the last couple years. Feel free to show me another conference that's better.
Doughdaddy
Is there not 1 player on Farnsleys 8th grade team that has turned 15 or will before August? Is there not any on 7th grade team that has turned 14 or will before August?
They do not hold back at Farnsley, they do it" The Old Fashion Way" they FAIL.
:argue:
footballfever Wrote:doughdaddy
is there not 1 player on farnsleys 8th grade team that has turned 15 or will before august? Is there not any on 7th grade team that has turned 14 or will before august?

if there is it wasn't done "just for sports". It wouldn't be a concerted effort and it would not have happened while they were at farnsley. Please stop dragging farnsley into this i do not represent anyone within the coaching staff or faculity. Anything i say is my opinion and mine alone. Farnsley is a class operation and i am very proud my children have a school of this caliber to attend. To answer your question i must say i am not sure i cannot say with absoulete certainty i don't care how people raise there children i just want an even playing field and hold backs "just for sports "does not allow this nothing you say will ever change my mind on that issue my question to you would be this... Little timmy wants to play football at your school but hasn't been held back but he has to compete for playing time with kids who should have already moved on how is that fair to poor little timmy i'm sure there are kids who never get to play because they have to wait behind the older kids poor poor little timmy who stands up for little timmy ....i do
fooseball devil Wrote:they do not hold back at farnsley, they do it" the old fashion way" they fail.

farnsley has not failed..... Thats what you don't understand at farnsley football isn't the only thing we have. We get an education at the highest level. Football is just a sport, a sport we love and strive to do well but it is not the end all be all. We reach for a higher goal we prepare young men for life not just for middle school football glory
fooseball devil Wrote:they do not hold back at farnsley, they do it" the old fashion way" they fail.

i forgot to mention as to farnsley failing here is a number i ask you to consider 706 students with 3.0 gpa or better .....thats life preperation .....who would want to hold back those type of students
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:if there is it wasn't done "just for sports". It wouldn't be a concerted effort and it would not have happened while they were at farnsley. Please stop dragging farnsley into this i do not represent anyone within the coaching staff or faculity. Anything i say is my opinion and mine alone. Farnsley is a class operation and i am very proud my children have a school of this caliber to attend. To answer your question i must say i am not sure i cannot say with absoulete certainty i don't care how people raise there children i just want an even playing field and hold backs "just for sports "does not allow this nothing you say will ever change my mind on that issue my question to you would be this... Little timmy wants to play football at your school but hasn't been held back but he has to compete for playing time with kids who should have already moved on how is that fair to poor little timmy i'm sure there are kids who never get to play because they have to wait behind the older kids poor poor little timmy who stands up for little timmy ....i do

You just said that it's possible that some Farnsley players have held back for reasons OTHER than sports, correct? If it didn't happen AT Farnsley, it happened in elementary school. It's the same with schools like Meece or Corbin. If it's not allowed by the actual school, it happens in previous grades, so their kids are still held back or started late. To my knowledge, no school holds back strictly because of sports. I know maturity is a big issue, as well as grades. If a kid makes B's & C's in the classroom and their parents want to hold them back in effort to bring those up to A's & B's, what's the problem? Yeah the kid plays sports too, big deal.

I'll speak for only our situation on this. We had six 8th graders be selected to post season play. 4 to the Kentucky East/West game and 2 to the Kentucky FBU state team (1 of which went on to play in the Eastbay National All-American game). Would you like to take a guess as to how many of those six players held back this season? One. Hold backs didn't win back-to-back state championships. Heart, hard work, and dedication did.

That's a great example you mentioned with Timmy. Let me add this to your example. Let's say that Timmy's parents started him in kindergarten late making him one of the oldest kids in his class (therefore also being eligible for the first grade). Little Johnnys parents took little Johnny out of preschool and started him in kindergarten early. That puts 2 kids into the same grade with a possible 1 day shy of 2 years difference in age. So in 7th grade, you have Timmy who is a day from turning 13 and Johnny who is 11. No one held back, correct? Is that fair? IT'S THE EXACT SAME DIFFERENCE. So back to your example, if Timmy isn't as talented as another kid (hold back or not) he is a very important member of our scout team. If Timmy or his parents do not accept that it is a TEAM game and not an INDIVIDUAL game, Timmy somehow transfers to Southern or Meece, LOL. If Timmy embraces the TEAM aspect, it puts a ring on his finger at the end of a season.
wildcat18 Wrote:you just said that it's possible that some farnsley players have held back for reasons other than sports, correct? If it didn't happen at farnsley, it happened in elementary school. It's the same with schools like meece or corbin. If it's not allowed by the actual school, it happens in previous grades, so their kids are still held back or started late. To my knowledge, no school holds back strictly because of sports. I know maturity is a big issue, as well as grades. If a kid makes b's & c's in the classroom and their parents want to hold them back in effort to bring those up to a's & b's, what's the problem? Yeah the kid plays sports too, big deal.

I'll speak for only our situation on this. We had six 8th graders be selected to post season play. 4 to the kentucky east/west game and 2 to the kentucky fbu state team (1 of which went on to play in the eastbay national all-american game). Would you like to take a guess as to how many of those six players held back this season? One. Hold backs didn't win back-to-back state championships. Heart, hard work, and dedication did.

That's a great example you mentioned with timmy. Let me add this to your example. Let's say that timmy's parents started him in kindergarten late making him one of the oldest kids in his class (therefore also being eligible for the first grade). Little johnnys parents took little johnny out of preschool and started him in kindergarten early. That puts 2 kids into the same grade with a possible 1 day shy of 2 years difference in age. So in 7th grade, you have timmy who is a day from turning 13 and johnny who is 11. No one held back, correct? Is that fair? It's the exact same difference. So back to your example, if timmy isn't as talented as another kid (hold back or not) he is a very important member of our scout team. If timmy or his parents do not accept that it is a team game and not an individual game, timmy somehow transfers to southern or meece, lol. If timmy embraces the team aspect, it puts a ring on his finger at the end of a season.

i didn't say there was i said i did not know.....let me tell you a story ...i stood on the press box roof at lafayette high school and was told by one of pulaski's coaches that they had 8 hold backs on this team and even more lined up for next year now if all those kids have maturity issues i think you should have your water sampled... Something is wrong ... I don't wish to argue the hold back point any futher we are never going to agree on that and to tell you the truth i am sure there are kids who need it but my problem arises when it is a concerted effort to undermine the system. 8 kids in one year that is not a coincidence that is a group effort. Have you ever heard of the department of educational accountability. Let's just say they carry a big stick when it comes to paying for a students education especially when it comes to paying for extra years i'm pretty sure they have heard of your situation and seem very interested
DOUGHDADDY Wrote:i didn't say there was i said i did not know.....let me tell you a story ...i stood on the press box roof at lafayette high school and was told by one of pulaski's coaches that they had 8 hold backs on this team and even more lined up for next year now if all those kids have maturity issues i think you should have your water sampled... Something is wrong ... I don't wish to argue the hold back point any futher we are never going to agree on that and to tell you the truth i am sure there are kids who need it but my problem arises when it is a concerted effort to undermine the system. 8 kids in one year that is not a coincidence that is a group effort. Have you ever heard of the department of educational accountability. Let's just say they carry a big stick when it comes to paying for a students education especially when it comes to paying for extra years i'm pretty sure they have heard of your situation and seem very interested

LOL, do you believe everything you hear? I can tell you that you were straight up lied to IF what you say is true. We never played at Lafayette this year. I've NEVER seen 8 hold backs in a year at any school, let alone the one I follow. The couple that we did have both suffered season ending injuries, so no one saw those guys the 2nd half of the season anyway. Like i said earlier, EVERYONE including Farnsley holds back kids PRIOR to the middle school level anyway (if the middle school doesn't allow it). It is what it is. I put one of your quotes in bold above. If you're not prepared to argue the topic, don't bring it up, bring it up again, and bring it up some more. You're beating a dead horse. Please let it go and move on. The kids have, the parents need to.
wildcat18 Wrote:lol, do you believe everything you hear? I can tell you that you were straight up lied to if what you say is true. We never played at lafayette this year. I've never seen 8 hold backs in a year at any school, let alone the one i follow. The couple that we did have both suffered season ending injuries, so no one saw those guys the 2nd half of the season anyway. Like i said earlier, everyone including farnsley holds back kids prior to the middle school level anyway (if the middle school doesn't allow it). It is what it is. I put one of your quotes in bold above. If you're not prepared to argue the topic, don't bring it up, bring it up again, and bring it up some more. You're beating a dead horse. Please let it go and move on. The kids have, the parents need to.

duh... The playoffs were at lafayette who do you follow anyway
Northern Pulaski, not to be confused with Southern Pulaski or Meece (Somerset). Put the pieces together. It's kind of like Louisville, we have multiple schools in one city, but they're none affiliated with one another. I'll say it again, our team never played at Lafayette. Our 8th played at Catholic and our 7th was eliminated by Southern Pulaski at Campbellsville prior to the final 4 in Lexington.
wildcat18 Wrote:northern pulaski, not to be confused with southern pulaski or meece (somerset). Put the pieces together. It's kind of like louisville, we have multiple schools in one city, but they're none affiliated with one another. I'll say it again, our team never played at lafayette. Our 8th played at catholic and our 7th was eliminated by southern pulaski at campbellsville prior to the final 4 in lexington.

well then i retract my duh...than it must have been south because it was a coach and we were on the roof at lafayette. And i do believe him the way he said it he seemed boastful that as good as that team was playing he was more excited by next years team....just an observation from a guy with no reason to lie
OK. Do these 5 schools plan on playing each other twice in the conference or just 1 time and having a tournament at the end? What will Bell do about a 7th team because they havent had 1 the last few years.
I can see 4 or possible all 5 making playoff with at-large bids.

The big ? I have is these teams have been in different regions last 2 years. Southern, Northern together and Bell Knox together. Whitley was with Southern Northern 2 years ago and also this year but were moved to region 4 when playoffs started . Will they ALL be in same region or in 2 different???
footballfever Wrote:OK. Do these 5 schools plan on playing each other twice in the conference or just 1 time and having a tournament at the end? What will Bell do about a 7th team because they havent had 1 the last few years.
I can see 4 or possible all 5 making playoff with at-large bids.

The big ? I have is these teams have been in different regions last 2 years. Southern, Northern together and Bell Knox together. Whitley was with Southern Northern 2 years ago and also this year but were moved to region 4 when playoffs started . Will they ALL be in same region or in 2 different???

From what I understand, the head coaches decided to play each team once and have the regular season decide who wins the conference because of the number of games most teams already had scheduled prior to conference. Each team gets 2 away and 2 home games. Don't quote me on this part, but I think that Bell's 7th grade games will count for opponents as forfeits.

I'm guessing that the regions will stay the same. If I understand correctly, Whitley will be in the region with Northern & Southern. Bell & Knox will be in a region by themselves. Seems like I heard that there weren't enough teams to qualify to fill out Bell's region this season, so they picked the independent (Whitley) with the next highest point rating to fill that spot. I'm not 100% sure what the exact issue was, so it would be best to ask a KYMSFA representative.

I'm looking forward to it. I hope all 5 teams get to represent in the state playoffs. Middle school football in the state of Kentucky is definitely on the rise. The FBU tournament proved that we're getting closer to the cream of the crop next to states like Texas, Florida, Georgia, etc.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I didn't expect anything less from you. I could get on these forums and say that we beat Farnsley twice by a total of 54-14 this season in 90% of my comments under EVERY SINGLE TOPIC POSTED regardless to what it's about, but I choose not to. If I did that and you see it repeating, repeating, repeating, repeating, and repeating some more, you would think it gets old. You have every right to your opinion and Farnsley does have my respect. You all have had great runs and I expect you will continue to do so. Between the teams in this conference, we have (I think) 4 state champions (and I predict the state champion in BOTH 7th & 8th grades in 2012 will come from THIS conference), we have a couple of state finals participants, and a couple of final 4 participants over the last couple years. Feel free to show me another conference that's better.

I know of the 4 State Championships (Northern and Southern both with 2, each with a 7th & 8th grade). And I know that Bell & Whitley have a state runner up and Knox with a State Semi-Final. I will do my best to compare to another conference.

There is another conference who has 4 State Championships (3 8th grade & 1 7th grade). They also have 1 State Runner up and 3 State Semi-Finals.

BTW the year Southern Pulaski won their 8th grade State Championship I would be willing to say that they weren't even the third best 8th grade team in the State Tournament.
goBIGblue82 Wrote:I know of the 4 State Championships (Northern and Southern both with 2, each with a 7th & 8th grade). And I know that Bell & Whitley have a state runner up and Knox with a State Semi-Final. I will do my best to compare to another conference.

There is another conference who has 4 State Championships (3 8th grade & 1 7th grade). They also have 1 State Runner up and 3 State Semi-Finals.

BTW the year Southern Pulaski won their 8th grade State Championship I would be willing to say that they weren't even the third best 8th grade team in the State Tournament.

So even though some big time contenders are bringing some big resumes to one conference. There has already been a conference that has had the same results each and every year.