Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Offical Coaches/Analysts 15th Poll (Jan. 8)
1.Lousia - 55 -(3)
2.Pikeville - 55 - (1)
3.Paintsville - 49 - (2)
4.Betsy Layne - 44
5.Dorton - 38
6.John's Creek - 26
7.Whitaker - 20
8.Johnson Central - 15
9.Belfry - 12
10.Mullins - 9

Others receiving votes: Adams, Virgie

A Total of six people cast votes this week, would love to see more next week. Did not receive votes from anyone representing Pikeville, Paintsville, John's Creek, Whitaker, Belfry, Mullins, Adams, Virgie and all other schools that did not receive votes.

Voting system awards 10 points for every first place vote, 9 for every second, 8 for third, etc.. etc... 1 point for a 10th place vote. Total number of points a team received is listed beside the team. Numbers in "( )" are first place votes received. First place votes are used for a tie breaker.
looks pretty accurate to me..
Here are some upcoming games this week.. Would love to know other games scheduled this week.. Maybe bball_fan could give us the BL schedule, would also love to hear from any other coaches from the 15th region with their schedules.

Dorton @ Virgie 9th
Paintsville @ Johns Creek 10th
Lawrence @ Paintsville 12th
Dorton @ Belfry 13th
We play...
@ Adams on Monday night.

We also play a few more times next week, but I'll have to double check the schedule tomorrow.
ifyasmell Wrote:Here are some upcoming games this week.. Would love to know other games scheduled this week.. Maybe bball_fan could give us the BL schedule, would also love to hear from any other coaches from the 15th region with their schedules.

Dorton @ Virgie 9th
Lawrence @ Paintsville 12thscrsat
Dorton @ Belfry 13th

Scratch Paintsville vs Louisa. Paintsville only wants to play 6th and 7th.
South Floyd is @ Allen Central Tue. & @ Betsylayne Wed.
Let me make this real clear Dozerdawg. I offered to come to Louisa on jan 21 and Louisa refused. Paul Preece said the only dates he had available were jan 11,14 and 16. They didn't work for us so we scheduled 6-7 grade games.
Louisa can't play on the 21st because that is our conference tourney. All I am doing is posting cancellations and we have had 10. Two of which has been Paintsville. If our guy decided not to come to Paintsville on the 12th it would be because you have cancelled twice when you were supposed to come to us.
We will play you anytime..it's a matter of working around varsity schedules which is tough to do. You don't want kids playing every night of the week. Just making it clear to you that the effort is being made to play. We have open dates and you aren't able to play. Hopefully we can get it lined out and get a couple games in.
Let's play these games during school hours since both teams are to busy playng jv-varsity high school games I'm shore this would be easiest for both teams I'm shore both teams have played more than 1 game in a day before let's make this happen before its to late and the season is over I'm shore this would be the best way 2 get these games played in the next 2 weeks
And by the way Louisa our Paintsville middle school boys don't get much playing time on high school varsity anyway 8 grade only comes once in these boys life let them be middle school boys and play boys there age
Good luck to both teams whatever happens for the rest of the season
i'd love to see Louisa play Paintsville and it doesn't matter if its at Paintsville, Louisa, or neutral site... these two teams need to play... but i understand scheduling problems... lets hope this gets worked out!
Was told Johns Creek beat Mullins by 3 at John's Creek tonight. Not sure if Teddy played or not, I would doubt it judging by what I have read.
Nah Teddy is in a cast...
Johns Creek was down by six and came back for a win by three. Will know more about Teddy Smith in two weeks.
What was the score? Who played? Did Austin Smith play?
ifyasmell Wrote:Here are some upcoming games this week.. Would love to know other games scheduled this week.. Maybe bball_fan could give us the BL schedule, would also love to hear from any other coaches from the 15th region with their schedules.

Dorton @ Virgie 9th
Lawrence @ Paintsville 12th
Dorton @ Belfry 13th

Dorton won @ virgie 56-30 and Jenkins 55-43.
Let me ask this question.

Is Louisa doing what the did in football? Using kids that don't even attend their school.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
John's Creek 30 Mullins 27

I wasnt there from what i was told a very defensive game

I know John's Creek played Paintsville the next nite and Paintsville won wasnt sure of the score but it was another defensive battle it was 8-7 JC at halftime and 19-17 Paintsville at the end of the 3rd. I know Paintsville won but wasnt sure about the final score though....

Oh yea Austin Smith played some last night against Painstville's B-team just glad to see him up and playing again this season...
Sounds like two great games. I am glad to hear that Austin is doing better and hope Teddy will be back soon.
Didnt know they did that in foodball,how did they get away with that. from what i read on another post about tourney at sportsplex they had kids from martin co and ft gay wv.
we should know something in 2 weeks from this past monday....

Im sorry i didnt post the score from the JC-Pikeville game but i hate to see an injury like that.
Yea Cougar, i read the thread of the Mullins 45 Feds Creek 30 and i saw your post at the end, Im kinda curious about how many rebounds Mullins had against John's Creek, I heard Wallace and Newsome had a time with Adkins down inside....
JC_Bearcats Wrote:Yea Cougar, i read the thread of the Mullins 45 Feds Creek 30 and i saw your post at the end, Im kinda curious about how many rebounds Mullins had against John's Creek, I heard Wallace and Newsome had a time with Adkins down inside....

Hard to pull the rebounds with JC hanging on your arms.....Adkins scored 6 points...doesn't sound too hard to handle... Wallace had 12
Why weren't there any fouls called if they were hanging on to their arms. If Wallace scored 12 that's good glad u straightened me up on that, all I was told was Adkins outplayed Wallace and Newsome and even had more rebounds than both of them combined.
Ok guys, i was at the mullins and jc game. I like danny and he is a good kid, but he did not outplay newsome and wallace. I would say it was about even. He did hit two jump shots, which i have never in my life time seen him hit, so kudo's to him. Wallace played pretty good, newsome did not play to what he is capable of, why? I don't know. I read on one post, someone said they thought it would be easier because teddy was out, if that is what they thought, they sure learned their lesson. Good win for jc, but word is the return game for monday night at mullins has been cancelled. There are several of these teams in pike county that are so close in talent, any one could win on any given night. Also, as i stated on a post before, lets not blame the officials for this loss for the tigers, they didn't take care of business and have no one to blame but themselves.
Dorton 45-37 over Belfry
Besty Layne should not be ahead of Dorton. They have beat them twice and dorton beat them once but from what i was told it was an aau game and dorton had just had a practice and the game at betsy layne was a good one considering betsy layne had no school and dorton did. Makes a difference
OK for one I would say Adkins has bound to done something right to play with 2 players. He is also a very good jump shooter ESP from 3, its nothing to see him hit an outside shot.
Imsoclutch Wrote:Besty Layne should not be ahead of Dorton. They have beat them twice and dorton beat them once but from what i was told it was an aau game and dorton had just had a practice and the game at betsy layne was a good one considering betsy layne had no school and dorton did. Makes a difference

This poll is based of a matter of opinions by several coaches and trusted analysts in the area. I simply just post what the totals was. And what day are you referring to that Floyd County was out of school and Pike County wasn't.
Dorton 55-18 @ Phelps