Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
"ironman players"
Was curious how many players had 1000+ yards offense and 75+ tackles on defense. I found 2 in 3-A according to stats listed on KHSAA web page:

Jacob Tobias Edmonson CO. 1265 yds rushing 95 tackles

Derek Taulbee Powell Co. 1341 yds rushing 98 tackles

Anyone know of others? I think this is a major accomplishment and my congrats to each of these players and to all other players excelling on both sides of the ball.
I don't know about stats. But Randy Maynard is definitely a iron-man! Unbelievable toughness. Plays everything
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Randy Maynard of Pikeville High School defines Ironman. Some stats:

Passing 1595 yards
Rushing 891 yards
receiving 229 yards
Total all-purpose yards 2715, 37 TD's

Defense
77.5 tackles
9 tackles for loss
4 forced fumbles/1 fumble recovery
2 INT's

And that doesn't include him playing long snapper, his PAT kicks, etc. Not another player in the state who meant as much to his team, IMHO.
Boston Bryant-Whitley County

1,512 Rushing Yards
70 Tackles
Marcus Mcmillian- 2010 yards rushing ,155 yards receiving, 63 tackles, 6 sacks, 1 int
Jake Middleton- 1420 yards rushing,167 yards receiving, 125 tackles, 2 int
PHSForever Wrote:Randy Maynard of Pikeville High School defines Ironman. Some stats:

Passing 1595 yards
Rushing 891 yards
receiving 229 yards

Defense
77.5 tackles
9 tackles for loss
2 INT's

And that doesn't include him playing long snapper, his PAT kicks, etc. Not another player in the state who meant as much to his team, IMHO.

I agree PHS Forever. I dont think there is a player in the state do any more for there team than Maynard.
Bryant actually had 125 tackles. The stats on KHSAA are only through 6 or 7 games.
PHSForever Wrote:Randy Maynard of Pikeville High School defines Ironman. Some stats:

Passing 1595 yards
Rushing 891 yards
receiving 229 yards

Defense
77.5 tackles
9 tackles for loss
2 INT's

It's not very often you find a player like him. He was irreplaceable. It will take two very good athletes to do the job he did.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Matt Robinson of Perry County Central. He is a threat on both sides of the football.
Randy Maynard is one of those players that takes his place along side Hackney, Deramus, Brent Coleman, and other greats at Pikeville High School,imo. These players will never be forgotten.
Austin Hall had over 1000 yards and had over 75 Tackles for Betsy Layne, Kory Jarrell had over 1000 yards and around 70 tackles