Lakers fall to 0-2. Kings begin 1-0.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Kobe had 29, 4 and 6.
Gasol 15, 9 and 3.
World Peace had 19, 4, and 4.

Thornton has 27, 3, and 5.
Evans has 20, 2 and 3 dimes.
Salmons has 13 and 3 dimes.
Cousins has 12 and 11 with 4 fouls only playing 25 minutes.
Chuck Hayes has 7, 9, 3 and 3 blocks.
Jimmer Fredette had 6 and 3 dimes off the bench.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Why'd Cuz only play 25 mins?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Lakers need Bynum back badly....
Spud6 Wrote:Why'd Cuz only play 25 mins?

Foul trouble. That is basically one half. So again, he was on pace for a 20-20 game tonight :HitWall:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:Lakers need Bynum back badly....

Agreed.

The Kings did not take much advantage of the size difference because Hayes is not an offensive player and Boogie was in foul trouble.

Between Evans and Thornton, the Guards scored 47. Fisher and Kobe played awful defense.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Foul trouble. That is basically one half. So again, he was on pace for a 20-20 game tonight :HitWall:

But your aloud 6 in the NBA? Lol
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Fisher will continue to struggle on the defensive end.
He is a backup pg in a starting role right now.
I expect LA to target Deron Williams.
Spud6 Wrote:But your aloud 6 in the NBA? Lol

He lead the NBA in fouls last season. One thing that is good, and bad, that he does is tries to take a lot of charges. When you do that, you force the officials to make a call. It burned him twice last night, but he also got 3 huge charging calls against Kobe and Pau when they needed them.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
zaga_fan Wrote:Fisher will continue to struggle on the defensive end.
He is a backup pg in a starting role right now.
I expect LA to target Deron Williams.

I see the Nets making another strong bid for D-Howard. If that happens, Williams will be untouchable
I've been saying it for years Lakers don't win many games when Kobe shoots more then 20 shots.
Watching that game you could tell he had the "I'm Kobe and I can score 30 in my sleep" attitude. He rarely looked for Pau in the 1st 3 quarters.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Love it. Lakers are 0-2.
Stardust Wrote:I see the Nets making another strong bid for D-Howard. If that happens, Williams will be untouchable

With what? The center piece in that trade, Brook Lopez, is out for a few months with a broke foot. The Nets have nobody the Magic wants. It's Lakers or bust for Dwight.
And the outcome of this game is not surprising. Three of LA's starters couldn't start for another NBA team(McRoberts, Ebanks, Fisher). Roster changes are needed, everybody but Kobe should be available.
Lakers are stupid....

Lakers shouldn't have been so worried about getting CP3 or Howard all off season. They already had a good team. The only missing part for the Lakers is a PG. And since they were going to trade Lamar, they could have gotten a solid PG for Lamar. Every trade don't have to be for a SuperStar.

Lakers should have made a push for George Hill or could have made a trade for a young PG like Eric Bledsoe.

George Hill or Bledsoe both would make the Lakers better right now.
ekff Wrote:I've been saying it for years Lakers don't win many games when Kobe shoots more then 20 shots.

You're right EKFF. It would probably be difficult to find their exact record, but it is probably not very good. Kobe still continues to amaze me at times with his shot selection. One game he will come in, pass the ball around, set up his teammates and then take over when he needs to. That is when Kobe is at his best. Other games, he will come in and force up fadeaways, layups, jump shots, etc. when he doesn't need to. It's not like Kobe doesn't have other guys around him. If he would take smarter shots, he could be scary good.
With this current team, he has to shoot 20+ shots in order for them to have a chance.
Everybody acts like Kobe shoots an awful percentage, when he actually don't.
Aslan Wrote:With this current team, he has to shoot 20+ shots in order for them to have a chance.

Even if he shoots 20+ times a game though, I wouldn't complain if he took smart shots. There are plenty of games he has where he moves the ball around, lets the game come to him, and makes smart shot selections. If he would do that consistently, he could average a higher FG%, probably add more points at this stage of his career, and even have more assists. You look at the game where he had 81 points against the Raptors a few years ago - he took smart shots that game. Nobody is going to score 81 per night lol, but if he is shooting that many times, as long as they are smart shots then he would succeed very well. When he distributes the ball around, defenses will be hesitant to key on him - which will open him up even more.

I would guess Kobe shoots around 45% for his career, but haven't seen the stats. He probably shoots a solid percentage, but IMO he could shoot even better than what he is. He is DEADLY as a spot up shooter, and I don't think he gets enough opportunities to be more of a spot up shooter. With Gasol being a threat down low, IMO that would be an excellent opportunity to set up Bryant for a wide open three, but the Lakers have not done that a whole lot. When they have, it has been successful. Kobe is unarguably one of the greatest talents to ever play the game - it would just be nice to see him have a smarter, more consistent shot selection.
Aslan Wrote:With this current team, he has to shoot 20+ shots in order for them to have a chance.

Let me tell you something. Order NBA league pass and watch the games that nobody talks about when Kobe shoot 25 or 30 shots and scores 25-30 points it don't look good... Yeah sure if you watch the TNT and ESPN games and hear everyone all over Kobe's n**'s you'll think he's shooting good shots..

And that little behind the back board jumper that Kobe loves and ESPN shows everytime he makes it... I promise you order league pass he misses that shot way more then he makes it and it is a very bad shot..
I have league pass.
Kobe shoots the same % against the Bobcats as he does the Celtics.
Makes no difference.
And if Kobe takes 30 shots he will drop 40 not 30.

LA has 3 new players in the rotation and a new head coach.
They will be fine.
They can't win with Kobe having to shoot 25+ plus shots a game. They never have. He has to have a great team around him like any other superstar. And this isn't that team.
^ To me, this is the PERFECT team around Kobe!!! Wink
Poor Poor Lakers.
zaga_fan Wrote:I have league pass.
Kobe shoots the same % against the Bobcats as he does the Celtics.
Makes no difference.
And if Kobe takes 30 shots he will drop 40 not 30.

LA has 3 new players in the rotation and a new head coach.
They will be fine.

Yep.
ekff Wrote:Let me tell you something. Order NBA league pass and watch the games that nobody talks about when Kobe shoot 25 or 30 shots and scores 25-30 points it don't look good... Yeah sure if you watch the TNT and ESPN games and hear everyone all over Kobe's n**'s you'll think he's shooting good shots..

And that little behind the back board jumper that Kobe loves and ESPN shows everytime he makes it... I promise you order league pass he misses that shot way more then he makes it and it is a very bad shot..

Oh I greatly value your opinion on this matter because you're very unbiased when it comes to Kobe.
Aslan Wrote:Oh I greatly value your opinion on this matter because you're very unbiased when it comes to Kobe.

So you should love the comments that ballers and I make......:biggrin:
^ I think they are the bestest in the whole wide world.... Wink
Look I don't want to sound like the biggest Kobe hater in the world because I'm not... I've always been a Lakers hater and will b 4 life...

I respect Kobe and Kobe is one of the greatest scorers to ever play but Kobe has really got to pass the ball now.. Kobe still has a great team around him.. Kobe is a great finisher if he would just accept the fact that years are catching up with him and he doesn't have to score 30 a game anymore.. Kobe could play PG on this team and just be a playmaker and then in the 4th quarter he can do what he does best close the game... This Lakers team could win it all..
Lakers need to use their other players a little more on the offense.