Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top prospect Stokes to announce choice Thursday
One of the most peculiar recruitments of the 2012 cycle will come to an early end Thursday when five-star forward Jarnell Stokes announces his school and his intentions to join a team this season.Stokes, ranked No. 11 in the class of 2012 by Rivals.com, is expected to choose among Kentucky, Tennessee, Memphis, Florida, Arkansas or UConn.The 6-foot-8, 255-pound power forward graduated from high school earlier this month after a transfer flap left him ineligible to play his senior season.

Depending on the school Stokes selects, he would be eligible to play the remainder of the 2011-12 season at the college level.UK and Memphis do not have any available scholarships, and Stokes would have to pay his own way for the rest of the season if he were to pick either of those schools. According to the Commercial Appeal, Stokes could only play this season for a school that has an athletic scholarship. If he picks UK or Memphis, he would be allowed to practice with the team but would not be eligible to play until next season.

The other four schools on his list all have scholarships available, and recent reports have indicated that Tennessee and Florida are the leaders.Stokes will announce his decision at 7:30 p.m. from his high school in Memphis.

Read more here: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/12/22/20023...rylink=cpy
and he picked Tennessee
^
lol, good for him.
Some players just like getting there ass whipped.
Welp, i wish him the best. I'll pray that he don't get into trouble like every other player at Tennessee.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL