Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Young Players in the 15th
There's a lot of talent out there in this region. Who does everyone think are some of the better younger players? I know some of these younger players may already be the team all star or number one player, but who are some of the younger girls who dont see as much playing time? You think will make an impact in years to come.

My opinion, I think Pikeville will have a very talented guard stepping up next year aside Emily Colvin in Sarah Davis. She already got some good playing time earlier this year while the twins were out, and proved herself in my opinion. The two games the twins were out, she had 14 in both games and started in one. Shes a freshman by the way. Looks like a bright future.
Magoffin Co. has a lot of young talent.. Ashley J Howard, Brittany Manns...
Prestonsburg-Meghan Slone, Amber Whitaker
What about the girls who dont see the playing time?
That's what I want to hear about.
Sarah Davis of Pikeville doesn't get much time at all...but she is going to be a really good guard!
A player that very few people has heard of: Jesikah Russell.

She's a 5-7 freshman forward for Paintsville. This girl rebounds, defends very well, averages over 3 steals a game, and is a gamer. She plays best when the game is on the line. If Paintsville had 1 or 2 more Russells they would be a contender for the region.
Two Words Sara Davis. Beef is right she doesnt get much time but she could be one of the best guards in the region.
i would have to say sally roberts, the deskins girl from belfry they seem to be playing quite well at the moment
"longhorns" Wrote:i would have to say sally roberts, the deskins girl from belfry they seem to be playing quite well at the moment
The Deskins girl is a good player
Sally Roberts and Esther Fleming of SV
How about we go with
Haley Ratliff, Paige Lowe, Kayla Lowe

and also how about mayb Holly Harris a 7th grader whom started in a few games up in the Lexington over Christmas break for the Hawks against some very tough top 25 teams and also Abby Coleman (8th grade) all from which play for the Hawks :lol:
Kaitlyn Lawson from Betsy Layne.
Lindsay Martin --7th grade at Stumbo, dresses at BL.
from valley
esther fleming-soph
amber perkins- soph
sally roberts- fresh
kayla johnson- fresh
cortney smallwood- fresh
kayla smallwood fresh

all of these r seeing major playing time for the wildcats
I would definitely go with:

1.) Haley Ratliff - Pike Central
2.) Paige Lowe - Pike Central
3.) Kayla Lowe - Pike Central
4.) Esther Fleming - Shelby Valley
5.) Holly Harris - Pike Central

The four I've listed above have had alot of expirence playing for the highschool but this is Harris's second year playing for Central. She has developed alot and I think she has alot of potentional. By the time she is a freshmen we should expect alot of great things from her.
1.Haley Ratliff-Sophomore
2.Paige Lowe-Freshman
3.Kayla Lowe-Freshman
4.Shae Deskins-Sophomore
5.Esther Fleming-Sophomore
The Harris girl does have a lot of potential. She should grow quite a bit before the start of her freshmen year. Should be interesting to watch over the next few years.
Esther Fleming is also a very talented player. I know she plays a lot but I just thought I would mention her. She is also a very dedicated player. Hours after being in a car accident in which the car reportedly flipped several times, she played in the game against Phelps.
Davis is a great player on a senior loaded team...look for big things for her in years to come..Not to mention the play of other freshmen Schmidt, Maynard and Cecil..they also have two 8th graders, Johnson and Hamilton..all of these girls will have to step it up next year for the Panthers.
I really like the middle schoolers from South Floyd
Are you talking about the boys middle school or the girls middle school?
The girls.....I think they'll be dangerous in a few years b/c they are getting exposed to the high school game at a very young age
sarah davis has to be one of the best young players in the region- with all the upperclassmen this team has, she gets quite a bit of playing time in big games, i plan on hearing a lot from her in the future
I have to agree Lindsey Martin from Stumbo but plays for BL is going to be dangerous in the years to come. She plays hard and is very agressive. She has an awesome shot too. I really look for her to make some noise in the future.
Esther Fleming from Valley will be a MAJOR threat in the upcoming years. She's already shown that with her 30 point games and defense.
Sally Roberts from Valley will also be a fine ball player. A great athlete

Sarah Davis from Pikeville is a serious athlete and will help keep Pikeville going the next couple of years.