Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Sheldon Clark get screwed or what?
It was wrong of the judges to make us give back our ribbons:boo:. Being declared district champs was a big deal to all of us. Nothing against JCHS, they by far had the better routine out of us 2, but we should have gotten something out of it!!! It was not only heart-breaking but embarrassing...whats everyone else think?
-I totally agree with you. It wasn't fair at all. I was very excited when they called the squad's name. I know that ya'll have a good squad and deserve to win something. It was a mess-up on their part. But you did a good job on your guys' routine ! :Thumbs:
Its a travesty....all the judges are out to get my cardinals......
i think that before the Kapos staff announces something at a regional competiton they better double check it first because it just causes a lot of problems and heart break to people who have worked hard it was very unprofessional on their part im sorry girls i thought it was very unfair
Why can't they just say "we are VERY SORRY for our mistake, so let us make it up to you by allowing you to go and compete at State."? I know this wouldn't seem right to P-Burg, But, they weren't told that they were the winners and then have their trophies taken back with an "OOOPS, Our mistake, you didn't win". Seems to me that could be about the only way to try and make up for their Horrible Mishap that the KAPOS judges made. Congrats JC you girls worked hard for it! Good Luck at State!
The judges didn't make that mistake. They just scored the squads and turned in those numbers to the KAPOS officers to verify and announce. the mistake was made somewhere in verification and announcement.
My bad. You are right, I didn't mean to say judges. I just noticed that and that was a mistake on my behalf. You are right it wasn't the judges fault. Sorry Judges! But, I still feel for SC. Looks like they could do something to TRY and make it up.
honestly, they should have just kept sheldon clark at district champs and gave region to johnson central. You know that once johnson central got their region trophy they didnt care one bit about the district one. They could have even just gotten johnson central a new trophy and not said anything at all. No one woul dhave been the wiser.
Not true. People would have known, how can you win region if you don't win district?
Sheldon Clark was done wrong by the announcer at least. They were announced as the winners and when the KAPOS officals noticed they had made the mistake they asked the girls to bring the trophy and ribbons back in front of everyone. There were better ways of handling that. They could had asked for the coaches to come to the scores table and explained the situation and had the coaches input on how it should have been handled. The bottom line is the girls were imbaressed when they had to take back the trophy and ribbons in front of everyone with the attention soley on them. I have been to the 15th regional KAPOS competition for about 10 years now and this is by far the most disorganized I had ever seen it.

*On a side note. The announcer mentioned something about switching districts being the reason for the mix up, but SC and JC have been in the same district for as far back as I can remember. She kinda put her foot in her mouth and made things worse with that comment instead of better IMO.
Granted JC did a better job than SC it was still the most embarrassing thing i have ever seen...the announcer should really consider a new job it was bad on her part...Somebody please tell what was up with that excuse(change of district WTF)
Both teams should have done there routines over, they were the only 2 teams in the 57th anyways...This was the worst KAPOS i've ever been to...
This was a very bad mistake, but when you make a mistake you have to make it right. Yes I know that it caused some pain, but later in life they will understand that it was fair and the right thing to do. We all make mistakes. We must correct the mistake that we make and learn from them. You can’t just cover mistakes up and move on.
I think that was the most unorganized thing I have EVER seen. I know I was very embaresed. I clearly remember that the whole croud BOOED when they asked us to give back the trophy. It hurt us very bad but that just means we will have to do even better next year bc I know we had alot harder and better rutine. I am not dissing JC you guys had a very good rutine but oh well.....
This was the first cheerleading comp I went to and by the way KAPOS handled things it will be the last...It's not because it was my Cards that got screwed its just the fact they are that unprofessional in carrying out their business...gotta say I lost a lot of respect for those people
I Think that that ones of the worst mistakes KAPOS judges could of made. Sheldon Clark's cheerleaders hearts were broken when their 1st place trophy was taken away from them. They should of just went ahead and gave 1st place to Sheldon Clark. I hope next year Sheldon Clark goes to state. GO CARDS*!!