Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pittsburgh Freshmen Khem Birch transferring to Kentucky?
GoodmanCBS6:54pm via TweetDeck
Khem Birch contemplating leaving Pittsburgh, per sources. No final decision made quite yet.

The interesting thing about this situation is Kentucky is the big rumor of his destination.

@Panther_Sports: A source tells us Khem Birch is indeed leaving Pitt, possibly for Kentucky. Hope its not true.

The funny thing is a Pitt beat writer says Cal doesn't even know who he is.

rayfitt19:22pm via web
About those Birch to Kentucky rumors, don't count on it. A source told me Calipari had to be told who Khem Birch was tonight. FWIW.

I don't know how true that is, but if I know who Khem Birch is, I am sure John Calipari knows who he is.

The final piece to the puzzle for the evening so far is Birch's buddy Alex Kline and this tweet.

TheRecruitScoop9:22pm via TweetDeck
Despite rumors, Pittsburgh freshman Khem Birch is not considering transferring to Kentucky, nor as he asked for his release, per a source.

The funny thing is I heard rumors over the summer that Birch might decommit and then go to Kentucky..but I thought that was a little far fetched and didn't fool with it.

Could this be where there is smoke there is fire?

http://www.nationofblue.com/f37/pittsbur...#post48576
Birch was ESPN Recruiting’s No. 1 center in the class of 2011, ahead of Andre Drummond. He was also considering Syracuse, North Carolina, and the Cayts when he committed to Pitt in September of 2010.
[Image: http://www.post-gazette.com/pg/images/20..._4_500.jpg]

I wonder if he's allowed to bring the hair???
^ Yea if he dyes it blue and white Big Grin
PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh freshman center Khem Birch has left the program.

Coach Jamie Dixon says Birch, who is from Montreal, opted to leave for personal reasons.

The highly touted Birch averaged 4.4 points and 5.0 rebounds in 10 games this season for the Panthers (9-1). He started each of the last six games and shot 57 percent from the field on the season. He had 15 points and 10 rebounds in a win over Penn on Nov. 25 and recorded six blocks in a victory over Robert Morris.

Pitt (No. 14 ESPN/USA Today, No. 15 AP) hosts South Carolina State on Saturday.

The school announced Birch's decision on Friday
Where's he going?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^So he is coming?
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^ Don't know yet
^Oh. Thx
#BBFL
if he does come to uk then to be honest i dont see him getting much more playing time then vargas.
this is from KSR

The worst kept secret of the day became official a little while ago, as Khem Birch told CBS Sports that he is indeed transferring out of the Pitt basketball program. The rumors swirled over the last 24 hours that Birch would leave sunny Pittsburgh and take his talents somewhere else, but it wasn’t officially official until the player himself confirmed the news earlier this evening.

Birch had shown flashes of his McDonald’s All-American talent in his ten games with the Panthers, posting a double-double against Penn and missing another one by two points in the following game, but had seen his production and playing time fall off in the four games since then. Birch said that he enjoyed his time at Pitt and didn’t have a problem with his coaches or teammates, but that the program wasn’t a good fit for him and he would return to his native Toronto to contemplate his next move. He does not have a new list of suitors and has not decided on a destination although, as you’re probably aware, some believe Kentucky will be in the mix for his services. We’ll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.
More ugly to join up with A.Davis hehe