Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity to prep
Heard a rumor from source in Louisville I consider pretty reliable that trinity might be lookin to play in a prep league. I've never heard of this before but as I understand it the would not play in ky state games anymore but all over country playing big time schools. If this is true could be the best thing to happen for 6a in ky.
Why one more year and the ride is over just my 2 cents.
What would be the advantage to this for Trinity? The schools across the country that do this have much lower academic requirements and could not met the state requirements consistently so they play these types of games. I don't see the advantage.
This is not the first time I have heard this, and it's not new for either Trinity or St. X. The talk of this has been going on for years and I don't think this is anything more than what we have heard in the past. If I recall correctly, it was a definite thing that was going to happen after Brian Brohm's Jr. year. All the talk was to expose Brohm to the biggest teams in the country in order to land him in a top five D1 school. Again, I've heard this rumor several times in the past, so I don't put much credence into it this time as well.
Stardust Wrote:This is not the first time I have heard this, and it's not new for either Trinity or St. X. The talk of this has been going on for years and I don't think this is anything more than what we have heard in the past. If I recall correctly, it was a definite thing that was going to happen after Brian Brohm's Jr. year. All the talk was to expose Brohm to the biggest teams in the country in order to land him in a top five D1 school. Again, I've heard this rumor several times in the past, so I don't put much credence into it this time as well.

90 plus percent of the rumors I've heard over the years are false. 99 percent of the rumors I've heard about Trinity over the years are false. I sincerely doubt this one is in the one percent category that turns out being true.

I'm not even sure Trinity could do it and remain a member of the KHSAA and thus be able to participate in the other KHSAA sanctioned sports. Something tells me they couldn't but I don't have the time to research the matter. Anyone know for certain? If my hunch is correct, I'd say there is zero chance the rumor is true.
That would be a little expensive, even for the Trinity faithful. It won't happen.
Very strange. Probably not going to happen.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I don't know why they would play in a prep league as it would be very expensive and possibly deny them a chance at a state championship. They should just load the schedule with traditionally consistent national powers like Cathedral, Warren Central IN, GCL teams, Colerain, St. Ignatius, Don Bosco. Get ESPN and Fox Sports to cover a couple games, and make a good website for football. The players are already being recruited by several good college football programs.
With success, comes greed. After next year, they may take some lumps playing a national schedule. They could not bear the thought of Highlands winning more state titles than them. They aren't going anywhere.
They can load up on out of state powers now. The KHSAA only requires them to play St X, Male and Manual to make the playoffs. That leaves the 7 weeks to play for national exposure.

I do not see it happening.

Now another rumor was the they join Cincy Moeller, Cincy St. X, Cleveland St I, Lakewood St. Ed's, Indy Cathedral, and other RC schools to form a multi-state conference. But then that could get expensive for travel.
Wise one Wrote:Now another rumor was the they join Cincy Moeller, Cincy St. X, Cleveland St I, Lakewood St. Ed's, Indy Cathedral, and other RC schools to form a multi-state conference. But then that could get expensive for travel.

I heard that rumor from several Cincy St.X folks that the GCL wants to put Trinity, Lou. St.X, Indy Cathedral, Cle. St. Ignatius, Lakewood St. Ed's, and Columbus Watterson into the GCL for football only since they all play each other just about every year.
^ I think they could play a non-District schedule against all GCL teams and then play their District games. That would be neat to see if they can beat. Louisville St. X each year for the District title, and then win enough games to be the non-official GCL league champ.
Stardust Wrote:^ I think they could play a non-District schedule against all GCL teams and then play their District games. That would be neat to see if they can beat. Louisville St. X each year for the District title, and then win enough games to be the non-official GCL league champ.

you know they would've this year since they beat 3 of the 4 GCL schools this season. They would've beaten LaSalle if they played them.
Trinity is the real deal. I'm sure they could compete with any team in the country. Although neither had reached the level that T is at until this year, both T and St. X both have had years where they have had dominant teams. This rumor would always come up at the end of the season. This started a couple years ago when X won their title as well. Would be pretty cool to see, but I don't think it would happen.
Trinity is not going to a prep league as such. The only way they can play the teams from Indiana, Ohio, and Tennessee is to remain a member in good standing with the KHSAA. This is also true of the other states, playing only teams that are full members in their respective state associations. I also know Trinity is very happy with their membership in the KHSAA and the new commissioner is for keeping ALL MEMBERS intact. St. Xavier has been a member in the KHSAA since 1917. The Tigers aren't going anywhere else.
^ Thank you for dispelling that