Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Highlands: 6th straight state title or bust?
WideZero Wrote:^ You must be on top of your game. I was unaware that cov cath had a defense last year. If not for their kicker pinning everyone at the 20 on kickoffs they would have been totally screwed. Doesn't concern me. Highlands might put up 42 instead of 49 this year...

No, just smarter
Stardust Wrote:No, just smarter

So much smarter, you totally avoided my point in that post...
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:This may be the most interesting year we've come across in a while.
Highlands is one of the favorites of course, but no where near the heavy favorite they have been in the past. They might even struggle within their own district and region.
Cov Cath, Lex Cath, Boyle, and Russell all have the potential to make a run at the east IMO.
As of right now, ill take Lex Cath.

I'm curious to know your reasoning behind the bolded portion of your post. Is it because Highlands will be down from prior years; the competition will be that much improved; or a combination of both?

Frankly, I don't think Highlands will be down at all from last year. I see a Highlands team as good as last years waiting to hit the gridiron this year.
Highlands is the team untill someone beats them like it or not
December follows November and FTH wins another state championship. Some things are absolutes. The Bluebirds are second only to Louisville Trinity in Commonwealth football- and that includes all the Kentucky colleges.