Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Aslan's ready to eat some crow..
Too much parity in college basketball for ANYONE to go unbeaten. As long as there are "One and Done's," there will never be anyone go unbeaten.
^ and even without one and done's, hard for anybody to do...

Even a majority of Wooden's teams in the 60's & 70's didn't go unbeaten.
With all the talent out there and plenty of access to team data (thanks espn), its hard for a college basketball team to go undefeated and not burn out.
If any team in the last 10 years or so had the talent to do it, it WAS this UK team. If they play to their potential every night, they do go 40-0. But freshmen and sophomores don't. They don't bring that kind of consistently like Juniors and Seniors do. Unless your name is Kevin Durant. I'm disappointed I was wrong and even more disappointed UK lost. But expect more and possibly even bolder predictions in the future. Wink
Sorry aslan.
Aslan Wrote:If any team in the last 10 years or so had the talent to do it, it WAS this UK team. If they play to their potential every night, they do go 40-0. But freshmen and sophomores don't. They don't bring that kind of consistently like Juniors and Seniors do. Unless your name is Kevin Durant. I'm disappointed I was wrong and even more disappointed UK lost. But expect more and possibly even bolder predictions in the future. Wink

Nothing wrong with that! To be truly great at predicting things in sports you have to be bold at it. People are stupid and will try to call you crazy for any kind of "bold" prediction you make. No one is right 100% of the time because of the different factors that always play into the games. But when you are one of the small percentage of people that call the game right - the feeling is great!
It's ok Aslan! I'd rather lose now then in the tourney! Imagine how bad our next opponent is getting beat! I feel bad for them.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
As(s)lan, all great leaders have an uncanny ability to gain a following. You sure had quite a large following who drank the cool-aid and repeated your chant of 40-0! This ranks you right up there with the David Koresh and your own Branch Dividians. You can tak solace though that none of your sheep have committed suicide though, so all will be well after the next UK victory.
If they found out Crean molested Zeller and make them forfeit the games they won this year and this is the only one, will we still be considered undefeated? lol
Aslan Wrote:Being humbled sucks.

Not trying to rub it in, but 96 UK is the best team college basketball
has seen in 30+ years and they lost 2. You just can't go undefeated
nowadays because there's too mnay decent to good teams
that can sneakpast if you have an off night. We'll lose one
in the conference too or I'll be mightily suprised.

But take consolation, there's no other program that will
do it either. We remain the ONLY program that even has
an outside shot at it. ANd if it does happent again, it
will be UK that pulls it off. Besides title #8 will be sweet
even if it comes without an unblemished record.