Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Perry Central 57 South Laurel 48
Final from the Bobby Keith Classic @ Clay County.
Just watched this on WYMT. Congrats Commodores! Jaysean already has a player of the game award lol. He can flat out play. I was hoping he would rock the rim on that last run out.
Paige looked good. I don't think he is the best player in the state like I have seen him called on here but he is good.
Congrats Commodores. Only caught the last of it, but figured jaysean have more pts. Its only the first game and it takes time to blend as a whole when adding a player like him. He will eventually lead them in almost every category esp. points, boards, and steals. Good to see perry run for a change.
Keep in mind, that's without any practices with the team. PCC is going to be a force in the 14th.
geauxtigers75 Wrote:Keep in mind, that's without any practices with the team. PCC is going to be a force in the 14th.

:biglmao: If you believe that I got some land for sale in Florida!!!
KentuckyFan35 Wrote::biglmao: If you believe that I got some land for sale in Florida!!!

lol
KentuckyFan35 Wrote::biglmao: If you believe that I got some land for sale in Florida!!!

Well, if he did, we would be in trouble with the KHSAA. Are we? No. Don't worry though, if your team does get (un)lucky enough to see him this year, it will only be for one game.
Congrats Perry Central.
Congrats Perry

Jaysean did not practice with Perry Central once while he was ineligible. All he participated in was conditioning, which was before his initial ruling of eligibility.
How many points did Paige end up with?
^ 10
McCameraMan Wrote:^ 10

Thanks.
Well today was a very busy day for me...

I watched Hazard, Knott, and Perry all play...

KNOTT IS VERY GOOD...

Perry didn't look good against a bad team...

Hazard needs Olinger BAD...
RIGHT NOW.... Knott best team in the region... Justice and Davis play great together... Perry still has a lot to show me...
GetChili Wrote:Thanks.
Anytime man.
Congrats PCC....anyone have stats for all players
I will say this about PCC's game tonite: THE WORST CALLED GAME I EVER SEEN IN 25 YEARS OF WATCHING BBALL. Pcc was WAY better than this team and i mean WAY better. Beverly and paige played a total of 2 mins the first half and had 3 fouls, cornett and huff had 2 quick fouls. No disrespect to South because they played hard. Pcc was 30 pts better on a bad nite. Sorry guys, score has no reflection on this game. Congrats pcc on the win and lucky to come away with it. Call me a b@tch and whiner thats fine. Please believe me when i say the WORST called game since HHS in the state tourney in 86. WOW!!!!!!! NO EXCUSES, we won.
GetChili Wrote:How many points did Paige end up with?

He had 7 points...but player of the game????:biglmao: South Laurel's 32 and 22 play really good D on him. South Laurel, may not be as bad you think. South Laurel, could of packed it in after the first qtr. South Laurel's players showed a lot of heart. Congrats to Perry Central :Thumbs:
I made the trip down to see this legend and I finally saw him, he was between games speaking about his 1987 state championship team, Bobby Keith. Now on to the game. Paige is very athletic but shows very little basketball skills.....He can jump out of the gym and is very fast and that will make him and Perry dangerous in the 14th region. As to being a bad called game, really? When you put both hands on the offensive player to the point of completely changing his direction of play, a foul will be called. Quit being lazy and move your feet!! I do think that Perry is more talented then South Laurel but South played with much more intensity and heart than Perry Central did on this night. But in the end talent won out. And are you serious that Paige was player of the game? I went out right after the game and didnt realize they handed out awards, but that is crazy!
ballstar Wrote:I will say this about PCC's game tonite: THE WORST CALLED GAME I EVER SEEN IN 25 YEARS OF WATCHING BBALL. Pcc was WAY better than this team and i mean WAY better. Beverly and paige played a total of 2 mins the first half and had 3 fouls, cornett and huff had 2 quick fouls. No disrespect to South because they played hard. Pcc was 30 pts better on a bad nite. Sorry guys, score has no reflection on this game. Congrats pcc on the win and lucky to come away with it. Call me a b@tch and whiner thats fine. Please believe me when i say the WORST called game since HHS in the state tourney in 86. WOW!!!!!!! NO EXCUSES, we won.

No disrespect intended about you're opinion, but the refs where telling the PC players to get both hands of the south players the whole first half. In my opinion Perry Central, thought the game was over after the first qtr. South, didn't lay down and quit that seemed to frustrate Perry Central. No Excuses ethier but you can't two hand check players all over the floor and refs not call fouls. Especially after the Refs telling you their going to make that call...sorry no excuses just facts.

PC, is a better team than South Laurel, no doubt but please don't blame refs when your fouling. They called the same hand checking fouls on South Laurel as they did on Perry central. Foul count was almost even in the game so you can't just blame the refs. South Laurel, had a few more fouls than Perry Central, had called on them. Good Luck to both team this season. :biggrin:
mountain_music Wrote:I made the trip down to see this legend and I finally saw him, he was between games speaking about his 1987 state championship team, Bobby Keith. Now on to the game. Paige is very athletic but shows very little basketball skills.....He can jump out of the gym and is very fast and that will make him and Perry dangerous in the 14th region. As to being a bad called game, really? When you put both hands on the offensive player to the point of completely changing his direction of play, a foul will be called. Quit being lazy and move your feet!! I do think that Perry is more talented then South Laurel but South played with much more intensity and heart than Perry Central did on this night. But in the end talent won out. And are you serious that Paige was player of the game? I went out right after the game and didnt realize they handed out awards, but that is crazy!

Do you really believe this was not a very one-sided game as the officiating goes. Perry was up 27-12 when the home-boy zebras took control. I give South's players a lot of credit, they played their butts off.
mountain_music Wrote:I made the trip down to see this legend and I finally saw him, he was between games speaking about his 1987 state championship team, Bobby Keith. Now on to the game. Paige is very athletic but shows very little basketball skills.....He can jump out of the gym and is very fast and that will make him and Perry dangerous in the 14th region. As to being a bad called game, really? When you put both hands on the offensive player to the point of completely changing his direction of play, a foul will be called. Quit being lazy and move your feet!! I do think that Perry is more talented then South Laurel but South played with much more intensity and heart than Perry Central did on this night. But in the end talent won out. And are you serious that Paige was player of the game? I went out right after the game and didnt realize they handed out awards, but that is crazy!

Are you serious bro? This guy has talent pouring from his fingers, can't you wait until he has a few weeks of practice and playing before we say he isn't a talented player? He is going to prove to you all in time how dominant of a player he is, you know it.
Congrats to Perry! Can't wait to watch this Paige kid. The way you all talk, he's the next Darius Miller! Can't wait to see it!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Rooster Cogburn Wrote:Do you really believe this was not a very one-sided game as the officiating goes. Perry was up 27-12 when the home-boy zebras took control. I give South's players a lot of credit, they played their butts off.

Just from curiositys standpoint......does anyone have the total foul count from this one?
JMEWLS Wrote:Are you serious bro? This guy has talent pouring from his fingers, can't you wait until he has a few weeks of practice and playing before we say he isn't a talented player? He is going to prove to you all in time how dominant of a player he is, you know it.

You may be right, but what I saw tonight and I understand he has not been practicing, was just a tremendous athlete that can ball with the best of them, but when forced to play a half court game as was tonight, I think his lack of halfcourt skills will show. Time will only tell. One thing for sure, he will make a heluva highlight reel during the season.
ballstar Wrote:I will say this about PCC's game tonite: THE WORST CALLED GAME I EVER SEEN IN 25 YEARS OF WATCHING BBALL. Pcc was WAY better than this team and i mean WAY better. Beverly and paige played a total of 2 mins the first half and had 3 fouls, cornett and huff had 2 quick fouls. No disrespect to South because they played hard. Pcc was 30 pts better on a bad nite. Sorry guys, score has no reflection on this game. Congrats pcc on the win and lucky to come away with it. Call me a b@tch and whiner thats fine. Please believe me when i say the WORST called game since HHS in the state tourney in 86. WOW!!!!!!! NO EXCUSES, we won.

THE WORST CALLED GAME I EVER SEEN IN 25 YEARS OF WATCHING BBALL= Beverly didn't get to shoot free throws all night!

Complain about the ref's after a win, geez has it come to this?
I watched Knott and Perry play last night and this morning Knott Central is by far the best team in the region. They are good- very good.

Perry didn't have a clue what they were doing on offense or defense! (Hatcher quote) and I realize Paige just started playing and believe me I was excited to see him play after all the hype on this board, but I just saw a really fast player who didn't prove much. Honestly he looks like a fantastic football player trying to play basketball. And Player of the Game? Really? Joke. It should have went to Cornet, Beverly, or even Huff.
Just my opinion..
Does anyone have the individual stats for the boys? At least how many points each player had.