Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How Long Volleyball
How long has volleyball been going on at the high school level in kentucky. It has took off like a rocket in this state. Much like soccer are there any soccer teams in eastern kentucky I no there is a lot around lexington and western kentucky.
I don't no but that wuld be a really cool fact to find out!
"kybass88" Wrote:How long has volleyball been going on at the high school level in kentucky. It has took off like a rocket in this state. Much like soccer are there any soccer teams in eastern kentucky I no there is a lot around lexington and western kentucky.

you can find soccer info at this site: http://www.khsaa.org/scoreboard/

Many schools in E.KY. now have soccer. I know there has been a state volleyball tournament for at least the last 21 years. The last 20 years catholic schools have won it. Assumption has a death grip on it and are the favorite next year. Another arguement for public vs. private.
It's hard to compete against private schools. Something needs to be done to give the little schools a chance at something great.

But if something is done then you take away the opportunity of a great cindaralla story. (Not sure about my spelling)
"BUNDY" Wrote:It's hard to compete against private schools. Something needs to be done to give the little schools a chance at something great.

But if something is done then you take away the opportunity of a great cindaralla story. (Not sure about my spelling)
yeah its kinda gay that pretty much in like all sports recruiting wins state championhips. I hope the new recruiting rule is inforced this year!
CORRECTION: Since 1979 (volleyball), all state championship games have been between two catholic schools.
Is volleyball considered a sport??
If you had a daughter that played or has played the sport,then you would know that answer.
Megget Wrote:Is volleyball considered a sport??

Try it sometime... see what you think for yourself.
Is volleyball a sport? I have to admit I had the same attitude towards it just a few years ago. I always viewed it as picnic, beach, activity made into a high school team sport just to even out participation opportunities for girls.

As a matter of fact, I was confused/upset when my daughter started making volleyball a bigger priority over basketball, soccer, and softball. I mean it's hard enough already for people to pay attention to girls sports but Volleyball has to be the low game and she is too athletic to play that.

Then her team went to National Championships. OMG, mind blown. The speed and quality of play just at the middle school level was impressive. Then between matches I caught high school aged girls playing. It's like the land of 6 foot+ girls that can jump and move. I also caught one of the of the National Teams made up of college players and it's crazy how high and fast they play.

Volleyball just doesn't have a popular professional league for the American sports fan to fawn and over hype to draw interest.
Just learning about this sport it's also crazy to see how many Division 1, Power 5 players the state produces.

Off the top of my head the state of Kentucky will have 5 or 6 former high school players on preseason top 25 teams.

The 2015 Ms. Volleyball won a National Championship at Stanford this fall playing a major role, might have been the team MVP. Could be on the Olympic team one day, maybe. Last year's Ms. Volleyball is heading to Florida which is projected to win SEC. This year's favorite is headed to Penn State which would be considered a "blue blood" like Kentucky/Duke basketball. Penn State currently has another KY high school player expected to fill a major role as a Junior.