Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Raceland 2012
Wow!!! Dude!!! Even i won't go that far in to the gutter! But, We are talking about Fairview and that is just another reason why everybody looks down on that program and all the contreversy surrounding it.
Ever since Mr Crisp started the Ramey Home Eagles with Jennings it's been the same story every year.
What a great tradition though, seriously. OJ Mayo is pretty jealous. And to make a crack at a strong suffering program as Penn St only shows lack of real integrity and intelligence. Is the house next to the highschool still the primary adress for new incoming players? Or have they upgraded from that? Just curious..
On a more serious note. Skill players will not be an issue for raceland. It will be the big fellas up front and durability of players throughout the season. Gotta be healthy to play.
Who are their top returning skill players? What does each bring to the table?
I was told that camp went well this past week and that the line looks good. I was also told that they have decent depth at all positions, whic is something that has been lacking the last couple of seasons.
Ramcat77 Wrote:I was told that camp went well this past week and that the line looks good. I was also told that they have decent depth at all positions, whic is something that has been lacking the last couple of seasons.
It sounds good for the Rams this season. I would like to see a game between Harlan and Raceland. I've tried to keep up with the Rams the past couple seasons and I think a game between these two would be exciting to watch. Maybe we will meet in the playoffs this season. Would have to be a banner year for both teams for that to happen of course.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The two main flaws that raceland has had in the previous years seem to be showing great improvement. Big guys up front are ready, and the secondary is as they can be. Consist's of mainly receivers who will have to play both ways. Have to keep the skill guys healthy. Should be at least a 7 win regular season. I'll be disappointed if they don't at least give teams like Ashland a run for their money. At minimum make it a competitive game unlike the past couple years. Have a lot of size and speed this year. Should be the best team Raceland has had since the undefeated regular season in 08. Just have to stay healthy.. Most single A teams battle injuries due to players having to play both ways. Key matchups will be Ashland, Pikeville, and the Huntington Eagles.
Ram Fan04 Wrote:The two main flaws that raceland has had in the previous years seem to be showing great improvement. Big guys up front are ready, and the secondary is as they can be. Consist's of mainly receivers who will have to play both ways. Have to keep the skill guys healthy. Should be at least a 7 win regular season. I'll be disappointed if they don't at least give teams like Ashland a run for their money. At minimum make it a competitive game unlike the past couple years. Have a lot of size and speed this year. Should be the best team Raceland has had since the undefeated regular season in 08. Just have to stay healthy.. Most single A teams battle injuries due to players having to play both ways. Key matchups will be Ashland, Pikeville, and the Huntington Eagles.

I went out and watched the scrimmage against Fleming, I was fairly impressed. Last year's team was very young and it showed at times, even late in the season when it shouldn't. I think the line, both offensive and defensive should make a big difference this year. I was impressed with Adam Elkins at QB, I think he has improved dramatically. I think moving Beach to the backfield was an excellent decision and the Litteral kid (#12) is a hard runner, he reminds be a of the two running backs from the '08 team. I don't want to predict a win/loss total for the season based on one scrimmage, but I do think this will be a much improved team.
Fairview doesn't even use Westwood kids Clint go to huntington and boast.