Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(10) Kentucky 74 - (11) Louisville 54 (Women's Basketball)
Final

Kentucky improves to 8-0 and Louisville drops to 7-2. A'dia Mathies lead all scorers with 20.
I watched some of this game and the Lady Cats just basically ran all over the Lady Cards.
Good to see the Sara Hammonds girl out there.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
^
She shoulda came to UK.

Whats are our chances against Duke?
Uk dominated from the outset. Now let's get Duke on Thursday.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
She shoulda came to UK.

Don't really know, but I love em!!
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Way to go Lady Cats!!! Lookin good!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
She shoulda came to UK.

I agree 100%. UK Lady Cats have been on the uprise as of late. So why wouldn't a kid from KY want to go there? UL must be poisoning the water out east!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Hope we do the same in mens basketball.
Well, even though she did not go to UK, it was good to see Sara Hammond start the game. She only ended up playing 9 minutes due to foul trouble but give her credit as a frosh. She had 2 points and 4 rebounds.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
^She will be a great asset to UL. She is a player!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
She shoulda came to UK.

Duke has a great team (ranked 6th in the nation) but I think UK has a great chance of beating them. Last year Kentucky went to Duke when they were ranked 3rd in the nation and lost by only 6 points. This year it will be at Rupp in front of a huge crowd. If they can cut down on the turnovers and play their game I think they will come out with the victory.
^
It will be huge for our program if we beat Duke.

I think Leach said it well on the radio the other night talking to Mitchell before the UK/UNC game.
Mitchel really is a good fit for UK and really has transformed the way the entire SEC recruits and plays now due to his style of high tempo, fast paced games and showing that you dont always need bigs to win in girls basketball.
OffTheHook Wrote:I agree 100%. UK Lady Cats have been on the uprise as of late. So why wouldn't a kid from KY want to go there? UL must be poisoning the water out east!

Please understand that I am not her family, close friend nor am I a source. All of this is a conglomeration of opinions that I have for myself and from mutual friends, coaches, high school staff/teachers, recruiting news/rumors, AAU coaches/players, players/coaches around the state, this site lol, etc..... all rolled into one.

To the best of my understanding, she always wanted to go to UK growing up, but Coach Mitchell waited until late in the process to reasonably try, (maybe it was arrogance, assuming she was a shoe-in or something else) but he did offer. However, Coach Jeff at UL was in the living room from day 1. If I remember correctly, UL even practiced at RCHS before the UK game one year, is that correct? It was something like that, or they invited the team up to watch them, I dont remember but it was some HUGE red-carpet to lay down.

To sum it all up, it appears to me, [her or her family can get on again and tell the whole story if they wish (the dad is a member, but I wont give the info away)] that UK was the first love that broke her heart by not really trying and UL came in, wooed her and swept her off her feet, then at the last minute the first love tried to get her back when they realized she wasn't going to just sign a LOI because she was a fan.

I say all of this not to downplay Coach Mitchell's recruiting OR to say that he saw flaws in her game, etc... TO THE BEST OF MY UNDERSTANDING, UK did not try as hard as they should have and from the outside looking in, they did not really appreciate how good she was OR thought she was a shoe-in at UK. I do not know.

She had a bad game this time but her first collegiate game Hammond had 13 and 10. She has been the teams leading rebounder in 2 of the games, and in less than 17 minutes per game (less than 1/2 of a game per game) she is averaging 5, 5, 1 and 1. If she could stay out of foul trouble, she would be a 10-10-2-2 kind of player, if not better this season.

What has always blown my mind is that Geno Auriemma (UCONN Coach) saw her play and was talking to her and offering her ASAP. Coach Mitchell being a little over an hour away, waited as long as he did to offer. Just looking through some old recruiting news, I do not see anywhere that says UK offered. Maybe they didn't, I would have thought they did, I thought I remembered hearing that.......ah well.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
UK Woman has been getting the McDonalds All American, and as of late have shown to be a great National Program. UT has always been a thorn in there side. A win vs a top 15 team is good, and making it to the SEC Championship game two years in a row is even better, but they have to have that signature win. Duke at Rupp just might be the game. GO LADY CATS!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
LWC Wrote:Please understand that I am not her family, close friend nor am I a source. All of this is a conglomeration of opinions that I have for myself and from mutual friends, coaches, high school staff/teachers, recruiting news/rumors, AAU coaches/players, players/coaches around the state, this site lol, etc..... all rolled into one.

To the best of my understanding, she always wanted to go to UK growing up, but Coach Mitchell waited until late in the process to reasonably try, (maybe it was arrogance, assuming she was a shoe-in or something else) but he did offer. However, Coach Jeff at UL was in the living room from day 1. If I remember correctly, UL even practiced at RCHS before the UK game one year, is that correct? It was something like that, or they invited the team up to watch them, I dont remember but it was some HUGE red-carpet to lay down.

To sum it all up, it appears to me, [her or her family can get on again and tell the whole story if they wish (the dad is a member, but I wont give the info away)] that UK was the first love that broke her heart by not really trying and UL came in, wooed her and swept her off her feet, then at the last minute the first love tried to get her back when they realized she wasn't going to just sign a LOI because she was a fan.

I say all of this not to downplay Coach Mitchell's recruiting OR to say that he saw flaws in her game, etc... TO THE BEST OF MY UNDERSTANDING, UK did not try as hard as they should have and from the outside looking in, they did not really appreciate how good she was OR thought she was a shoe-in at UK. I do not know.

She had a bad game this time but her first collegiate game Hammond had 13 and 10. She has been the teams leading rebounder in 2 of the games, and in less than 17 minutes per game (less than 1/2 of a game per game) she is averaging 5, 5, 1 and 1. If she could stay out of foul trouble, she would be a 10-10-2-2 kind of player, if not better this season.

What has always blown my mind is that Geno Auriemma (UCONN Coach) saw her play and was talking to her and offering her ASAP. Coach Mitchell being a little over an hour away, waited as long as he did to offer. Just looking through some old recruiting news, I do not see anywhere that says UK offered. Maybe they didn't, I would have thought they did, I thought I remembered hearing that.......ah well.

Yeah I was about to say I don't remember UK ever getting too serious about her. I kept up with her after her sophomore year because she was a big story in this end of the state and honestly I really only ever heard about UCONN and UofL trying hard for her. Maybe Mitchell didn't want to compete with Geno or something, but I didn't remember hearing much about her relationship with UK getting too serious during the recruiting process. Weird, the girl can obviously play.
I wish that she could have went to UK. I have seen her play twice this year - vs. EKU and UK - and she has contributed in both games. Best of luck to Sara in the rest of her freshman season!
Wowwwww..
ANY time that UK beats Louisville, no matter what sport...it's beautiful. :Thumbs:
SHELBY VALLEY WILDCATS - 2010 KHSAA STATE CHAMPIONS

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]