• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Basketball: Who is NEXT?
It's down to 5.
Anthony Davis
Kyrie Irving
Jabari Parker
Andre Drummond
Perry Jones

Here's what the article says about Davis.
For Anthony Davis, basketball is all about being like Kevin. "Kevin Durant on offense, Kevin Garnett on defense," Davis says when asked to describe the game he's building. The Kentucky frosh, the top-rated prospect in his class, isn't being hyperbolic. An NBA Eastern Conference executive also brought up KG's name in describing the 6'10" forward, and the comparison didn't just end at their skill sets. "He has 'it,'" the exec says. "He has Garnett's demeanor. When you watch him, you know he's going to be special. He has a fluidity and grace that is unusual. He is probably the first pick in the draft." But that same exec also says it wouldn't surprise him if Davis were to spend another year at Kentucky, a la Jared Sullinger at Ohio State. Because as skilled as Davis is -- blocking shots with either hand, attacking the rim, nailing face-up jumpers -- he is obsessed with getting better. The Chicago native landed at Kentucky in part because of John Calipari's willingness to push him, and he's already trying to add a more refined post game to his repertoire. If that happens? The possibilities are downright scary.

You can vote here and read the rest of the article. http://espn.go.com/espn/next2012/story/_...next-issue

Right now Davis has 73% of the votes. BBN!
He should not even be mentioned in the same breath as Kevin Durant offensively. NO WAY!
He's going to be a Kevin Garnett...
but not a Kevin Durant lol
He never will
I love the comparison to KG. But the Kevin Durant and trying to be like him on offense. I disagree with, their two different players if you ask me.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Aslan Wrote:That's what he's working towards.

Then he better quit and start all over again, because he will NEVER be like Durant...

As others have said, model his game like KG and be an All Star, and stop trying to be something you will never be!
He's constantly adjusting to his new body. These things take time. Will he be the offensive monster that Durant is? No. But, he could be a poor version of Durant and a carbon copy of Garnett. Versatility.
I'd like to see Anthony Davis try to size someone up at the 3-pt line lol
The only thing you will hear from NBA analysis is this:

Davis needs to work on his jumpshot and get stronger..