Bowling Green/ Anderson updates
Anyone got any updates?
BG 27-0 1minute till halftime
Bowling Green looks unbelievable

27-0 in the 2nd

They are doing whatever they please.
34-3 just before the half
I'm sold.

Bowling Green is my #2 team in the State. They look absolutely unbelievable.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:Bowling Green looks unbelievable

27-0 in the 2nd

They are doing whatever they please.

Figured that it would be that way!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
This is how you flat out man-handle a team. Bowling Green is phenomenal.
I went and seen them play john hardin and they were just.WOW
Louisville Wrote:I went and seen them play john hardin and they were just.WOW

I know, and John Hardin was definately no pushover team this season.
Bowling Green is good, but they are no Highlands...
WideRight05 Wrote:Bowling Green is good, but they are no Highlands...

You guys keep saying that. That Franklin-Simpson game was very underwhelming relative to what I expected.
DragonFire Wrote:You guys keep saying that. That Franklin-Simpson game was very underwhelming relative to what I expected.

Franklin-Simpson is pretty good man. They're really good.

It's at least nice to see BG not losing by 30 points in a state title game for once.
Can not judge BG by this game, Anderson looks very small and very slow!
See, I know Franklin-Simpson is good. I watched them all year. I also watched Warren Central hold them to 6 points and beat them by the same margin you just did. The Wildcats had more rushing yards on Highlands in the first quarter than they did the entire game against Central.

Now, that's not to say that I think Warren Central is anywhere near Highland's level. I'm just saying, I saw a team shut them down first hand. I really expected Highlands to do much better. Bowling Green beat them 35-0 last year, and Franklin-Simpson dropped BG this year, not playing them for the first time since the 50's. They didn't want any part of this team.
DragonFire Wrote:See, I know Franklin-Simpson is good. I watched them all year. I also watched Warren Central hold them to 6 points and beat them by the same margin you just did. The Wildcats had more rushing yards on Highlands in the first quarter than they did the entire game against Central.

Now, that's not to say that I think Warren Central is anywhere near Highland's level. I'm just saying, I saw a team shut them down first hand. I really expected Highlands to do much better. Bowling Green beat them 35-0 last year, and Franklin-Simpson dropped BG this year, not playing them for the first time since the 50's. They didn't want any part of this team.

First off, you can't compare scores between teams. I can't really use us as an example because were undefeated, but for example, looking to EKY, think of JC, Belfry, and Ashland. Ashland beat Johnson Central pretty handily, JC beat Belfry, so should Ashland beat Belfry? Well, they didn't. Belfry owned them. FS did not play well against WC, and honestly should have given them a better game than what they did.

Think back to 2005. Bowling Green had this big bad defense that shut out seven straight opponents and did not allow more than 14 points in a game all year - until Lexington Catholic took a big dump on them, putting up 49 points on BG in the final. They have had several years similar to this, but this is the year I think of the most because of how "dominant" their defense was. This happens every year with BG. They're always big and bad, until Highlands or somebody shuts them up in the state finals. Fortunately for them, they didn't have an opponent of that caliber to play in the finals this year.
This Anderson team is terrible. The players just stand around, no blocking, no attempt to tackle, the just look like they are out for a walk in the park. Once agian the 6 class system makes for bad championship games.
^
The four class system would have been blowouts as well.
WideRight05 Wrote:First off, you can't compare scores between teams. I can't really use us as an example because were undefeated, but for example, looking to EKY, think of JC, Belfry, and Ashland. Ashland beat Johnson Central pretty handily, JC beat Belfry, so should Ashland beat Belfry? Well, they didn't. Belfry owned them. FS did not play well against WC, and honestly should have given them a better game than what they did.

Think back to 2005. Bowling Green had this big bad defense that shut out seven straight opponents and did not allow more than 14 points in a game all year - until Lexington Catholic took a big dump on them, putting up 49 points on BG in the final. They have had several years similar to this, but this is the year I think of the most because of how "dominant" their defense was. This happens every year with BG. They're always big and bad, until Highlands or somebody shuts them up in the state finals. Fortunately for them, they didn't have an opponent of that caliber to play in the finals this year.

I don't want to compare scores, but honestly, what do we have to go on as it pertains to this year other than what we can see with our eyes (which you simply discount)? All you're doing is referencing results from other years even though there is overwhelming evidence that this Purple team is far superior to the teams you're comparing them to. Go look at that 2005 schedule. Following the St. X game in the season opener, what teams did Bowling Green play of high calibar? Yes, they put up impressive numbers, but the result was not all that surprising when they got there. Fast forward to this year, and they have played a very good schedule and they're still posting those numbers. They've throttled teams that were good that don't have your respect, and then they've gone and beaten teams I would think do have your respect, like Lexington Catholic and St. X. They put up comparable results against LexCath to what Highlands did three weeks apart. But that doesn't mean as much to you as something that happened last year against Christian County or what happened in 2005-2007 for Bowling Green.

And on a personal note to the WC/Franklin-Simpson game, I had that argument on another site and certainly, I would expect the game to be better if they played today. I'm merely saying that given what I saw there, I expected a team like Highlands to run them. You did too judging by your predictions.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
The four class system would have been blowouts as well.

1A
Hazard vs. Mayfield

We saw how that turned out..still it was considered an upset so I am cool with it

2A
Belfry vs. Ft. Campbell or Glasgow

Belfry would have probably won by a couple TD's

3A

Bowling Green vs. Highlands

Would have been epic

4A
Trinity vs. StX

The two best teams, but yes.... a blowout
TBH and nothing to take away from Anderson County's achievements, but the two best teams on the eastern part of the 5A bracket didnt even get to the state semi finals ( its the playoffs, very strange things happen )..Anderson County is NOT the best team on the east side of 5A at all.
DragonFire Wrote:I don't want to compare scores, but honestly, what do we have to go on as it pertains to this year other than what we can see with our eyes (which you simply discount)? All you're doing is referencing results from other years even though there is overwhelming evidence that this Purple team is far superior to the teams you're comparing them to. Go look at that 2005 schedule. Following the St. X game in the season opener, what teams did Bowling Green play of high calibar? Yes, they put up impressive numbers, but the result was not all that surprising when they got there. Fast forward to this year, and they have played a very good schedule and they're still posting those numbers. They've throttled teams that were good that don't have your respect, and then they've gone and beaten teams I would think do have your respect, like Lexington Catholic and St. X. They put up comparable results against LexCath to what Highlands did three weeks apart. But that doesn't mean as much to you as something that happened last year against Christian County or what happened in 2005-2007 for Bowling Green.

And on a personal note to the WC/Franklin-Simpson game, I had that argument on another site and certainly, I would expect the game to be better if they played today. I'm merely saying that given what I saw there, I expected a team like Highlands to run them. You did too judging by your predictions.

So with this comparision, why are all the BG fans saying they would blow out HHS? I think it would be a heck of a game with HHS a little stronger and more balanced on offense. I think BG's weakness is their pass D and HHS's strength is passing and this would be the difference in the game and a HHS win.
sstack Wrote:So with this comparision, why are all the BG fans saying they would blow out HHS? I think it would be a heck of a game with HHS a little stronger and more balanced on offense. I think BG's weakness is their pass D and HHS's strength is passing and this would be the difference in the game and a HHS win.

Are they saying that? If they are, I've overlooked it. If I've seen anyone saying it would be a blowout, it's those saying Highlands would blow out Bowling Green.
DragonFire Wrote:I don't want to compare scores, but honestly, what do we have to go on as it pertains to this year other than what we can see with our eyes (which you simply discount)? All you're doing is referencing results from other years even though there is overwhelming evidence that this Purple team is far superior to the teams you're comparing them to. Go look at that 2005 schedule. Following the St. X game in the season opener, what teams did Bowling Green play of high calibar? Yes, they put up impressive numbers, but the result was not all that surprising when they got there. Fast forward to this year, and they have played a very good schedule and they're still posting those numbers. They've throttled teams that were good that don't have your respect, and then they've gone and beaten teams I would think do have your respect, like Lexington Catholic and St. X. They put up comparable results against LexCath to what Highlands did three weeks apart. But that doesn't mean as much to you as something that happened last year against Christian County or what happened in 2005-2007 for Bowling Green.

Their schedule in 2005 was actually pretty solid. They played St. X, who that year, was powerhouse St. X. They are still VERY good this year, a team that I would schedule in a heartbeat, but they are way down, by their standards.[B][/B] Yeah, BG beat Lex Cath 30 - 12, but when you look at the Highlands game against LC, we were killing ourselves with stupid 15 yard penalties. We keep our heads on straight, and we easily have in the 50s and 60s scoring. I expected us to run FS, into the ground. I admit that and I was wrong. They are much, much better than advertised and played to their highest potential today.
You're waisting your time Dragonfire. These guys act like they were brainwashed by the KGB.
Besides Trinity, Bowling Green is the best high school team I have seen play. And I've seen Highlands. I know my opinion doesn't count to the fans of the unstoppable bluebirds. BG is VERY good, and a top 25 national ranking is certainly reasonable.