Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Allen Central 2012
What do you all think about the up coming Allen Central season?
imo the talent is there they need a coaching staff that will install and instill a program that will light a fire under the kids to work in the offseason (stronger faster etc ) again last couple years theyv been at the summit but not getting things done. thats wer strength and coditioning come into play in this sport.

question for someone who knows.. how are the facilities at achs? i know how the field is but how r the weights/room/equipment/sleds/etc. ?
They got a great couching staff and they got a good weight room and etc. I was a football player for Allen Central from 2004-2008 and i was very impressed with the couching staff and everything else
rebel84 Wrote:They got a great couching staff and they got a good weight room and etc. I was a football player for Allen Central from 2004-2008 and i was very impressed with the couching staff and everything else
What is a couching staff?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
They got a great coaching staff and they got a good weight room and etc. I was a football player for Allen Central from 2004-2008 and i was very impressed with the coaching staff and everything else sorry i misspelled it
Are they coming to 2A
BlackcatPride Wrote:Are they coming to 2A

Not that i know of
As of right now they are a big 1A doubt theyll move them to 2A before the consolidation. As for the season Id say they will be a contender for that #2 spot in the district.
That is true once the consolidation is final they will be a huge 2a school. Now as far as Allen Central its self i think this program has continued to build off of the past couple of seasons in recent years, such as the 7-4 season and the 10-2 season in 2008 and 2009. This year i predict another district runner up if not district champs, Coach Jeremey Hall has brought this program a long way and will continue bring it alot further as he always used to say " baby steps, focus on the little things and the rest will take care of its self, one game at a time gentlemen" as far as i know they lost harlow and rice due to graduation.
Let me rephrase this they lost harlow,rice,jarell,adkins,prater,chris hunter,moore. and the carroway brothers due to graduation. But they do have some talent returning with the lawson twins have a passion for the game and decent speed. Along with corey davis who is a very hard runner and will run down hill or use speed and cuts to his advantage. they also have some experienced line returning who have played the same position at the high school level since their freshmen year. I have also noticed they are starting to schedule some tougher games such as williamsburg who went three rounds deep into the playoffs last season in class 1a before eventually losing in the third round to the eventual state champions hazard 28-0. i see good things in years to come for the rebels sucks about the consoildation though.
Is the new school going to be made up of BL-AC-SF? If so that school will be a 3A school. Probably lumped into the district with Belfry-ER-SC-PCC.
Allen Central and South Floyd will be the consolidation. If they combine the schools they would be 3A. Allen Central is one of biggest single A teams.
tebow Wrote:Allen Central and South Floyd will be the consolidation. If they combine the schools they would be 3A. Allen Central is one of biggest single A teams.

I agree with you Tebow. AC is one of the larger 1A schools & with the consolidation of SF you would think they would be 3A.
Would the consolidated school be able to compete with P-Burg?
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Would the consolidated school be able to compete with P-Burg?
I wouldn't think that they would right out of the gate but maybe in a few years. AC has built a competitive 1A program in the last few years and should continue after the consolidation if support for the football program is solid. I would say that AC was a top 15 or 20 team in 1A last season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Up till now any kid in Floyd Co. that is serious about football ends up at Pburg. Example......Both of thier quarterbacks live in outside of Prestonsburg. Jarrell lives is in the Betsy Lane district and Grigsby lives in the Allen Central district.
i agree with you backwoods they have been a competitive group for the last three or four seasons and hopefully they will continue to be....i am a true rebel fan i played four years there, and i will continue to stick with my rebels coach hall has brought this program along way from 0-10 and 1-9 seasons. Coach Hall was AC alumni and has stayed true to the program and the school.
Backwoods Wrote:I would say that AC was a top 15 or 20 team in 1A last season.
Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Panther Thunder Wrote:Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
It could have been a lot worse and you can't say they haven't been getting better the last 3 or 4 years. I can think of several teams that would have loved to have been as good as AC last season.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
It may not be a ringing endorsement for many people, but i can guarantee that it is a ringing endorsement for the school, the community, the coaches, and players. Top 15 or 20 in 1a is alot better than past years being at the bottom i for one know what it feels like to live in the shadow of AC's past history my freshmen year. My junior and senior seasons is when people realized that we can be competitive i dont think the AC program will look back. Coach Hall has instilled the ability to look forward into the future but not to overlook anyone at anytime.
This is Allen Central's schedule for the up and coming season.

Aug 24, 12 Jenkins away 7:30 PM

Aug 31, 12 Leslie County home 7:30 PM

Sep 7, 12 Betsy Layne away 7:30 PM

Sep 14, 12 Paintsville away 7:30 PM

Sep 21, 12 Williamsburg away 7:30 PM

Sep 28, 12 Pineville home 7:30 PM

Oct 5, 12 Phelps home 7:30 PM

Oct 12, 12 South Floyd away 7:30 PM

Oct 19, 12 Pikeville home 7:30 PM

Oct 26, 12 Knott County Central home 7:30 PM
I see a 5-5 season at best. Good luck Rebels.
Is the Murphy kid alright? Someone said he was in an accident. Please keep us posted.
yes he was he has bruised ribs, a sprained neck and seven staples in his head and this came from his own mouth if you need any confirmation.
Under Coach Hall Allen Central has improved quite a bit. Granted they aren't a State Title threat, but they have improved to the point of being a very competitive team.