Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Trinity vs. Any college in Kentucky
Belfry Insider Wrote:who wins and why? lol

If we're talkin' football then any college in Kentucky. If we're talkin' tuition then Trinity. Trinity tuition for one year,$10,000+ and if you pay monthly it goes up by about $350 to over $11,000. Tuition at UK,$9,000+. Tuition at NCC,$5,000+. Trinity definately wins the tuition war. I make around $80 G's a year and I consider myself middle class. I could not afford to send my children to school there if I plan on sending them to college. Not even close! Tuition at Harlan high school,around $1,500. My kid's go to a public school. LOL. No wonder Trinity is the premier football school in the state. Public school's can't compete with that kind of money.

http://www.thsrock.net/admissions/tuition

http://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/colle...oolId=1532

http://ncchs.com/TUITION/Tuition%20Policy-2010-2011.pdf
Backwoods Wrote:If we're talkin' football then any college in Kentucky. If we're talkin' tuition then Trinity. Trinity tuition for one year,$10,000+ and if you pay monthly it goes up by about $350 to over $11,000.

But at Trinity, one can not put a price on education :flush:
Backwoods Wrote:If we're talkin' football then any college in Kentucky. If we're talkin' tuition then Trinity. Trinity tuition for one year,$10,000+ and if you pay monthly it goes up by about $350 to over $11,000. Tuition at UK,$9,000+. Tuition at NCC,$5,000+. Trinity definately wins the tuition war. I make around $80 G's a year and I consider myself middle class. I could not afford to send my children to school there if I plan on sending them to college. Not even close! Tuition at Harlan high school,around $1,500. My kid's go to a public school. LOL. No wonder Trinity is the premier football school in the state. Public school's can't compete with that kind of money.

http://www.thsrock.net/admissions/tuition

http://www.collegedata.com/cs/data/colle...oolId=1532

http://ncchs.com/TUITION/Tuition%20Policy-2010-2011.pdf

For full disclosure, I think it needs to be mentioned that Trinity does not feed and slobber at the public trough as do the government schools. The government schools receive an obscene amount of funding from local, state, and federal sources. Trinity receives nothing. Therefore, the tuition at Trinity, as well as at other privates, must be used for all school costs- plant, equipment, overhead, teacher salaries, athletics, etc. there is no other high school in the Commonwealth that offers a better all around education experience than does Trinity. Tuition and gifts must cover the cost.

To insinuate that the tuition is used to lure athletes is a typical whine of the government schools and is, obviously, an argument without a scintilla of merit.

Trinity is regarded as the best because it is the best. And, as we all know, you get what you pay for and that is certainly true in regard to education.

At $10,000.00 or so a year, a Trinity education (like a St. Xavier education, a Sacred Heart education, a LexCath education, a CovCath education, an NDA education, and many more) is a bargain. Those who can do and those who can't can go to the government schools.
Truth Wrote:For full disclosure, I think it needs to be mentioned that trinity does not feed and slobber at the public trough as do the government schools. The government schools receive an obscene amount of funding from local, state, and federal sources. Trinity receives nothing. Therefore, the tuition at Trinity, as well as at other privates, must be used for all school costs- plant, equipment, overhead, teacher salaries, athletics, etc. there is no other high school in the Commonwealth that offers a better all around education experience than does Trinity. Tuition and gifts must cover the cost.

To insinuate that the tuition is used to lure athletes is a typical whine of the government schools and is, obviously, an argument without a scintilla of merit.

Trinity is regarded as the best because it is the best. And, as we all know, you get what you pay for and that is certainly true in regard to education.

At $10,000.00 or so a year, a Trinity education (like a St. Xavier education, a Sacred Heart education, a LexCath education, a CovCath education, an NDA education, and many more) is a bargain. Those who can do and those who can't can go to the government schools.
Wow! That was a nasty remark targeting public schools. All I did was state the facts and the truth. It is very expensive to go to school at Trinity. Why is it that if you mention the cost of going to Trinity it is met with nasty remarks at the public school system. Public schools are just what they are,public government run schools. They educate everyone that comes in the door,disabled,rich,poor,foriegners who can't speak english,etc.. Why wouldn't a public school get money from the government. They are held to the scrutiny in all ways of the federal and state government. One could say that Trinity slobber's at the Catholic tough. Is that any different? If private christian school's were held to the same scrutiny by the government that public school's are I think things would be different. And you are right an education at Trinity is the best education you can buy. Especially when you can pick and choose who you want and settle on the most afluent. Because the public school system educate's those you don't accept you should have a little more respect.
Backwoods Wrote:Wow! That was a nasty remark targeting public schools. All I did was state the facts and the truth. It is very expensive to go to school at Trinity. Why is it that if you mention the cost of going to Trinity it is met with nasty remarks at the public school system. Public schools are just what they are,public government run schools. They educate everyone that comes in the door,disabled,rich,poor,foriegners who can't speak english,etc.. Why wouldn't a public school get money from the government. They are held to the scrutiny in all ways of the federal and state government. One could say that Trinity slobber's at the Catholic tough. Is that any different? If private christian school's were held to the same scrutiny by the government that public school's are I think things would be different. And you are right an education at Trinity is the best education you can buy. Especially when you can pick and choose who you want and settle on the most afluent. Because the public school system educate's those you don't accept you should have a little more respect.

No, Backwoods, you did not state the truth. You wanted everyone to believe that the tuition at Trinity is used to recruit quality athletes. That is totally false and you should know it. Does, as you say, Trinity "slobber" at the Catholic trough? Of course. The difference is that, unlike the government schools, we purchase our own trough and fill it ourselves. We don't confiscate from the taxpayers as do you. In fact, in addition to filling our own trough, we pay a lot of tax dollars to help fill your trough.

The excuses you use for the government school lack of performance is exactly the reason why those who can (and all are not affluent but many actually sacrifice to get the best education and the best opportunity for their children) send their children to private schools.

As I said, you get what you pay for and that is truer in education than it is in most areas of life. As for your first sentence, the truth is sometimes seen as nasty. Still, it is the truth.
Truth Wrote:No, Backwoods, you did not state the truth. You wanted everyone to believe that the tuition at Trinity is used to recruit quality athletes. That is totally false and you should know it. Does, as you say, Trinity "slobber" at the Catholic trough? Of course. The difference is that, unlike the government schools, we purchase our own trough and fill it ourselves. We don't confiscate from the taxpayers as do you. In fact, in addition to filling our own trough, we pay a lot of tax dollars to help fill your trough.

The excuses you use for the government school lack of performance is exactly the reason why those who can (and all are not affluent but many actually sacrifice to get the best education and the best opportunity for their children) send their children to private schools.

As I said, you get what you pay for and that is truer in education than it is in most areas of life. As for your first sentence, the truth is sometimes seen as nasty. Still, it is the truth.

First of all you show me and everyone on this site where I said anything about recruitment of player's,anywhere. You can't because I didn't. I said Trinity was expensive. That's all. You are the paranoid one,not me. Secondly,I think if you took the teacher's at Trinity and put them in any random school,test score's wouldn't change because at the public school you have a larger population of physical and mental disabilities and the homeless and behavior disordered children and children from broken homes. There is the difference. Christian school's are good there's no doubt about that but just don't throw off on the public school's. They educate the people you don't feel comfortable being around. That should be worth a few extra tax dollars shouldn't it.
There are some bring kids in public schools too.
Real Badman Wrote:There are some bring kids in public schools too.

I assume you meant bright kid's,Real Badman and you are right. There are some bright kid's in public school's. I am proud of my Public school and I guarantee that the brightest at my school would compete well in acedemics with the brightest in any private school. Harlan Ind. ranks at the top of Kentucky every year and has even been in the top 100 high school's in America a time or two. No shame here and we'll take any student. We just don't compete with the private school's in sports and money has a lot to do with that.
Backwoods Wrote:First of all you show me and everyone on this site where I said anything about recruitment of player's,anywhere. You can't because I didn't. I said Trinity was expensive. That's all. You are the paranoid one,not me. Secondly,I think if you took the teacher's at Trinity and put them in any random school,test score's wouldn't change because at the public school you have a larger population of physical and mental disabilities and the homeless and behavior disordered children and children from broken homes. There is the difference. Christian school's are good there's no doubt about that but just don't throw off on the public school's. They educate the people you don't feel comfortable being around. That should be worth a few extra tax dollars shouldn't it.

I'll take you at your word although your post #31 implies some advantage held by Trinity that puts our government schools at an unfair disadvantage.

The factors mentioned in your post concerning the populace of the government schools versus the populace of the private schools are true. However, those factors don't change the reality of the situation. Private schools don't have the "baggage" carried by the government schools. I realize that there are reasons for this but, regardless of the reasons, it is still a fact.

As for the tax dollars, it may well be worth "a few extra tax dollars" to run the government schools if the funds were responsibily spent. That is not the case.
[quote=Truth]I'll take you at your word although your post #31 implies some advantage held by Trinity that puts our government schools at an unfair disadvantage.

The factors mentioned in your post concerning the populace of the government schools versus the populace of the private schools are true. However, those factors don't change the reality of the situation. Private schools don't have the "baggage" carried by the government schools. I realize that there are reasons for this but, regardless of the reasons, it is still a fact.

As for the tax dollars, it may well be worth "a few extra tax dollars" to run the government schools if the funds were responsibily spent. That is not the case.[/QUOTE]

I will agree with you on that but,only on a case by case basis. Harlan Ind. does a wonderful job at spending the money on an education first agenda. Sports recieves very little and our football team recieves very little of the gate at a football game and none of the concessions. The football team survives mainly on what little gate we recieve and parent/booster contributions. The administrators at Harlan Ind. see to it that the student's have what they need to get as good of an education as one can get in a public school and that is the way it should be. Listen,I could care less if their is recruiting in high school sports. There will always be school's out there that cheat one way or another but,most don't. Cheater's always get their's in the end. Trinity has always had a top notch private school in my opinion and they are good for the high school football community here in Kentucky. They are bringing the spotlight here and that is always good. But,they are still expensive.Lol j/k.
Backwoods Wrote:[quote=Truth]I'll take you at your word although your post #31 implies some advantage held by Trinity that puts our government schools at an unfair disadvantage.

As for the tax dollars, it may well be worth "a few extra tax dollars" to run the government schools if the funds were responsibily spent. That is not the case.[/QUOTE]

I will agree with you on that but,only on a case by case basis. Harlan Ind. does a wonderful job at spending the money on an education first agenda. Sports recieves very little and our football team recieves very little of the gate at a football game and none of the concessions. The football team survives mainly on what little gate we recieve and parent/booster contributions. The administrators at Harlan Ind. see to it that the student's have what they need to get as good of an education as one can get in a public school and that is the way it should be. Listen,I could care less if their is recruiting in high school sports. There will always be school's out there that cheat one way or another but,most don't. Cheater's always get their's in the end. Trinity has always had a top notch private school in my opinion and they are good for the high school football community here in Kentucky. They are bringing the spotlight here and that is always good. But,they are still expensive.Lol j/k.

We are somewhat in agreement. I wish the Harlan Independent Schools the best except, of course, when they compete with a private school.
17 and 18 year old boys CANNOT compete against 22-23 year old men. Most college teams are comprised of 4th year juniors and 5th year seniors that have been lifting seriously for 4 years of high school plus 4-5 years in college under their coaches watchful eyes. To think differently is purely assinine.
Altro Cat Wrote:Well we will just have to agree to disagree. I understand what you are saying about the age difference but I think you are disregarding the obvious skill and talent advantage that Trinity would have. Trinity IMO would have the most talented players on the field.

A better analogy may be a team like Alabama or LSU playing against a CFL or Arena League team. The arena league team would be older and more experienced but they would be the leftovers that the NFL didn't want. Much like NAIA players or high school players that the D1 and D1 teams didn't want.

sir you are just not very smart if you think that trinity 1. would be the most talented team on the field and 2. they would win. The biggest difference will be on the lines. Have you seen trinity play? They have two 6 foot 200 pound guards. Very good players at this level but how do you think that will translate to the college game? So who will block the 300+ pound defensive tackles? Not one team in kentucky would lose to trinity. Not one. they would get the spanking of a lifetime. As far as talent goes yes they are talented but I doubt tht they are more talented than teams i've seen play in NAIA. Most are d1 players that didn't qualify with the extra 2 or 3 years in the weight room as well. absurd statement :HitWall:
I would say Trinity could beat a team assembled at Big Sandy CTC...But that's about it.
No Trinity would not beat any College team in KY. Would they possibly make some of the games copetitive? Sure but it is very doubtful that they could compete. UK, WKU, EKU and UL would beat them like a drum. Georgetown would beat them just as bad. The NAIA games other than Georgetown could possibly be interesting but it is a stretch to even say that Trinity would be able to make it a good game. Now on the other hand if Trinity was playing against true Freshman and true Sophmores then in most games I would bet my money on Trinity. For instance if Trinity played UPIKE's JV team then yes Trinity would win but there are very few JV teams that they could beat.
Windsprint Wrote:17 and 18 year old boys CANNOT compete against 22-23 year old men. Most college teams are comprised of 4th year juniors and 5th year seniors that have been lifting seriously for 4 years of high school plus 4-5 years in college under their coaches watchful eyes. To think differently is purely assinine.

Excellent point. And, the scarry thing is that these kids of Trinity have yet to reach their physical peak is mind boggling. To see what they can do after their bodys mature from 16, 17, 18 yo's, and see what they can do as 20-22 year-olds is freakish. But I agree, 17 year-olds, are in a different league going against 20 year-olds.