Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
U.S. helicopters attack Pakistani checkpoints, 24 killed
http://www.cnn.com/2011/11/26/world/asia...?hpt=hp_t3

Pakistan said Saturday it will reassess its relationship with the United States, NATO and the International Security Assistance Force in the wake of a deadly attack by NATO forces on two military checkpoints inside Pakistani territory, marking a major setback in worsening U.S.-Pakistan relations.

The attack by NATO helicopters killed 24 soldiers and wounded 13 others in Mohmand Agency, one of seven districts in the volatile region bordering Afghanistan, the Pakistani foreign ministry and military said in a statement.

"A technical situation developed on the ground that caused the force to call for close air support and it is this close air support that highly likely caused the soldiers that perished on the Pakistani side," he told CNN. He said he could not discuss casualty numbers, since "they can only come at the moment from the Pakistani side."

I don't mind this at all. Pakistan has been stabbing us in the back and undermining our efforts in Afghanistan for 10 years...they've helped kill many, many more U.S. troops than we've killed of theirs.
^
Agreed.
Blow there ass up
We knew this was coming. Pakistan has been the sneaky that steals your electric, all the while smiling to you in your face!
The only thing I regret is that the Pakistani soldiers that died weren't the decision makers that screw us over...they're just doing their job just like us.

Regardless, Pakistan doesn't have room to bitch with all the evidence we have against them. I think we should cut ties completely...they're doing more hurt to the stability of Afghanistan than helping it.
vundy33 Wrote:The only thing I regret is that the Pakistani soldiers that died weren't the decision makers that screw us over...they're just doing their job just like us.

Regardless, Pakistan doesn't have room to bitch with all the evidence we have against them. I think we should cut ties completely...they're doing more hurt to the stability of Afghanistan than helping it.

Does their nuclear capabilities concern you, that is if in fact they really do possess the "bomb"?
Bob Seger Wrote:Does their nuclear capabilities concern you, that is if in fact they really do possess the "bomb"?

I thought of that...but I think they're competent enough not to do anything stupid, and strong enough to not let any sort of enemy, whether it be an enemy of their own, the U.S., or Israel take over.

I wouldn't mind staying on speaking terms with them, but that's it. We give so much money to them, we are the reason they even have a strong military...and they have been purposely undermining us for years. I'd much rather that money go to Israel or another ally, or be put to use back home.
Pakistan is talking retaliation...say a prayer that that doesn't happen. That's the last thing we need.