Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Weston Robinson or Gordan Varney
does anybody not take to mind who the hell robinson shared that backfield with.....Rob Shurtleff.......they divided the carries whereas varney got all of them......varney had nobody else any good to run the ball with him therefore he got more carries...more yards......those are just stats.......weston went out breaking his leg for his team scoring a touchdown in 2nd round of playoffs....varney went out crying because he didnt make it to 2nd round...period....weston can run, catch, tackle.......varney....umm my mind draws a blank
he did only have 40 against belfry but had 147 against one of the best defense's in the state ROCKCASTLE

it really dosent matter that much who is better they r both good kids that play hard and i would love to have both of them on my team

i now vote them equaly 50/50
pikeville went 11-3 with robinson in the backfeild, and there is no way they could have done it without him. You say varney carried pike central? carried them to what?
liveMAROON Wrote:does anybody not take to mind who the hell robinson shared that backfield with.....Rob Shurtleff.......they divided the carries whereas varney got all of them......varney had nobody else any good to run the ball with him therefore he got more carries...more yards......those are just stats.......weston went out breaking his leg for his team scoring a touchdown in 2nd round of playoffs....varney went out crying because he didnt make it to 2nd round...period....weston can run, catch, tackle.......varney....umm my mind draws a blank

You probably have never seen Varney play and all u think there is in this world is Pikeville football. Varney did't go ut crying he went out with a smile on his face saying ill be back next year. I bet Robinson Cried tho when he left with a broken leg and this season Varney will prove the caliber back he is and show you who the better back is.
LOL if ROBINSON DID CRY, which i doubt he did, it was because he had something to play for. Varney is about as good as JV at Pikeville.
Quote:it really dosent matter that much who is better they r both good kids that play hard and i would love to have both of them on my team

i now vote them equaly 50/50

this is honestly the most inteligent thing ive heard anyone from pikeville or Centrals side say i agree totaly with u
PooPooHead Wrote:
liveMAROON Wrote:does anybody not take to mind who the hell robinson shared that backfield with.....Rob Shurtleff.......they divided the carries whereas varney got all of them......varney had nobody else any good to run the ball with him therefore he got more carries...more yards......those are just stats.......weston went out breaking his leg for his team scoring a touchdown in 2nd round of playoffs....varney went out crying because he didnt make it to 2nd round...period....weston can run, catch, tackle.......varney....umm my mind draws a blank

You probably have never seen Varney play and all u think there is in this world is Pikeville football. Varney did't go ut crying he went out with a smile on his face saying ill be back next year. I bet Robinson Cried tho when he left with a broken leg and this season Varney will prove the caliber back he is and show you who the better back is.
Oh i've Seen varney play nothing special....weston makes the cuts and finds ethe seams better ive seen them both....WESTON is the better back this season and next season
As an outsider looking in....this really shouldn't be an argument.

Robinson is the better back. Thats not bashing Varney. I admire him, and think he is one tough nut, but thats about where the comparisons end.

God grants all of us gifts, and it is up to us to find them. Mine isn't playing football or I wouldn't be sitting here typing this, but God made both of them better than me. Robinson is just a little better. :wink:
HappyGilmore Wrote:As an outsider looking in....this really shouldn't be an argument.

Robinson is the better back. Thats not bashing Varney. I admire him, and think he is one tough nut, but thats about where the comparisons end.

God grants all of us gifts, and it is up to us to find them. Mine isn't playing football or I wouldn't be sitting here typing this, but God made both of them better than me. Robinson is just a little better. :wink:

If anyone else had made this comment I would have argued more.. But I want to say thank you for giving some intellegent insight. And that will do it for me.
HAHA me too.....man im done arguing with POOFACE and poopoohead...BTW where do yo u guys get these names
Eugene Cole Wrote:LOL if ROBINSON DID CRY, which i doubt he did, it was because he had something to play for. Varney is about as good as JV at Pikeville.

You are smart man so i guess you are going to put a 2A all state running back on the bench becuz he did make all state in 2A along with howard and Jones
Varney may have been honorable mention, but he wasn't 1st, 2nd, or 3rd team All-State.
Gish is right, theres no way Varney made all state.
15thRegionFan Wrote:Gish is right, theres no way Varney made all state.

Oh but he did cuz I know him pretty well and he did for sure. He showed me the plaque.
I know Varney pretty well too, and I've never heard of him making all-state, one would think they would've made an announcement at school congratulating him but I sure haven't heard one.
Like I said, Varney was Honorable Mention . They give plaques for that.
what do these guys bench/squat? Because they are both pretty small.
if im not mistaken weston benches close to 215 amd squats around 270 ill get back to you with exact numbers on friday
Varney benches around the same that Robinson benches, but he works out with around 350 or so on his last set of squats. I know for a fact he squated close to 450 last year as a freshmen, yes that is a box squat, with no spot
weston benchs 235
and the last time i watched him squat he did 300 twice but he has to build his ankle and leg back up so i dunno how much he squats now but iknow for a face he does bench 235
i saw him
Weston definatley.... He works harder than anyone on the team... Came back last year after the somerset game, he'll come back this year after Harlan....
Varney also power cleans 235.
PooPooHead Wrote:Varney also power cleans 235.

Good for him.
poopoohead, Are you his agent?
You seem to have all his stats....What did he have for lunch today?
Smile
spxdad Wrote:
poopoohead, Are you his agent?
You seem to have all his stats....What did he have for lunch today?
Smile

Well today is Monday, so unless they changed the menu, its probably pizza, corn, mashed potatoes, and rolls lol..
Robinson in a blowout....hes on the better team...he has the better skills
liveMAROON Wrote:Robinson in a blowout....hes on the better team...he has the better skills

How many times have u posted the same thing over and over and someone asked me if i was his agent. No but I know him personally and i know all his stats.
well how many times do you say Varney is better than weston oh wait thats right Varney runs a 4.4 forgot about that...... :lol:
It's obvious that different people are goin to have a different opinions. Whether or not you think that Varney or Robinson is the better back it is your opinion. So I'm going to go ahead and suggest that everyone stop bickering, and being sarcastic, and make sensible arguments.

to: LiveMaroon and Poopoohead,

Just so you know, I was the one who said he ran a 4.4. I was probably wrong, sorry. I personally haven't timed him. Or seen his times written down.
So if you are going to use that argument then use it in a civil manner, and quit bringing it up as sarcasm.

If you two have to resort to childish bickering instead of having a debate, then this thread will be closed, and your names will be turned in.

I didn't want to do this but you have left me with no choice. This is the last warning.
he ran a 4.52 that is not a lie not a 4.4 but a 4.52 which is pretty good and Robinson is right there with him unless his ankle bothers him