Poll: Who wins
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Franklin-Simpson
6.82%
Highlands
93.18%
* You voted for this item.

•  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next 
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Franklin-Simpson vs Highlands (4A Championship)
charlie22 Wrote:It didn't matter that KHSAA put Highlands in 4A instead of 3A. With no 3A schools anywhere close to Ft. Thomas (Mason, Fleming and Lewis Counties being the closest) Highlands would have been moved up to 4A anyway.

It was my understanding that didn't matter this time. Are there any teams playing up due to geography? There seem to be some odd district/region match ups. Beechwood in the west...They are east (by about 37 feet) of I-75.
Highlands varsity - 35
Highlands JV - 28

Franklin-Simpson - I'll be nice this week...they score a touchdown on our freshman on a trick play late. I say a trick play because that's the only way they would stand a chance of scoring on our freshmen.
All of you people are fans you dont know what really happens on a football field...im not saying were going to win but dont count us out...you can best believe we're fighting til the clock hits zero for the last time
#IGotFaith
Blau Vogel Wrote:com·rade   [kom-rad, -rid] noun

:thatsfunn :thatsfunn :thatsfunn

1. a person who shares in one's activities, occupation, etc.; companion, associate, or friend.

2. a fellow member of a fraternal group, political party, etc.

I am insulted sir!

LOL. Sorry bro!!!
Blau Vogel Wrote:It was my understanding that didn't matter this time. Are there any teams playing up due to geography? There seem to be some odd district/region match ups. Beechwood in the west...They are east (by about 37 feet) of I-75.

Your understanding would be incorrect. Geographical isolation was again a consideration and teams could petition to move up for that reason. I specifically remember that there were several 4A teams that wanted to move up due to being geographically isolated, when in reality they weren't isolated at all. Their requests were denied. I really don't remember off the top of my head if any school's requests were granted, but if it had made a compelling argument the requests would have been granted.

Beechwood has been in the west for a while. Heck, Boyle was in the west for a while (remember when we played them in 03 and 04? They were the western representative). I-75 is not used by the KHSAA to separate the east and west regions. It has to do with the location and number of schools in each class. Since there are a lot of 1A school to the east of Ft. Mitchell and not as many to the west, Beechwood gets assigned to the west. Same thing happened to Bell County. That's the same reason why several 6A Louisville school ended up in the east. There are no 6A schools in eastern Kentucky (GRC is the farthest east) which means the dividing line for 6A is considerably west of the dividing line for 1A. We plotted the schools on a map and started trying to create an even number of districts in the east and in the west.

Hope that helps my friend.
charlie22 Wrote:Your understanding would be incorrect. Geographical isolation was again a consideration and teams could petition to move up for that reason. I specifically remember that there were several 4A teams that wanted to move up due to being geographically isolated, when in reality they weren't isolated at all. Their requests were denied. I really don't remember off the top of my head if any school's requests were granted, but if it had made a compelling argument the requests would have been granted.

Beechwood has been in the west for a while. Heck, Boyle was in the west for a while (remember when we played them in 03 and 04? They were the western representative). I-75 is not used by the KHSAA to separate the east and west regions. It has to do with the location and number of schools in each class. Since there are a lot of 1A school to the east of Ft. Mitchell and not as many to the west, Beechwood gets assigned to the west. Same thing happened to Bell County. That's the same reason why several 6A Louisville school ended up in the east. There are no 6A schools in eastern Kentucky (GRC is the farthest east) which means the dividing line for 6A is considerably west of the dividing line for 1A. We plotted the schools on a map and started trying to create an even number of districts in the east and in the west.

Hope that helps my friend.

I believed Lexington Cath petition to be moved up to 5A because of that reason. Their district consist of ( Marion Co, Taylor Co, Mercer Co, Boyle Co. ) Just imagine the traveling that those schools did? Catholic wanted to be moved up to 5A, same district as West Jessamine, East Jessaime, Woodford Co. Franklin Co Anderson Co....A lot less travel. Of course we all know they got denied.
HATE IF YOU WANT IM JUST GOIN TO WARN YOU WE DIDNT COME TO STATE FOR NO REASON
#WeReady!!!!
FBfan4life Wrote:I believed Lexington Cath petition to be moved up to 5A because of that reason. Their district consist of ( Marion Co, Taylor Co, Mercer Co, Boyle Co. ) Just imagine the traveling that those schools did? Catholic wanted to be moved up to 5A, same district as West Jessamine, East Jessaime, Woodford Co. Franklin Co Anderson Co....A lot less travel. Of course we all know they got denied.

"Less travel" is not the standard. If it was, then Highlands would have been able to move up to 5A also and play in a district with Scott, Conner, Cooper and CovCath (as they would also have had less travel in that 5A district than the 4A district they ended up in) because that would have entailed less travel for Highlands. It's geographic isolation, meaning (at least in my interpretation) all or almost of the other teams in the district would involve considerable travel. Boyle is not far from LexCath and neither is Mercer. Taylor County according to Google is a little more than an hour and Marion County is about 40 minutes or so. That is not geographically isolated.
Franklin Simpson may be a huge underdog but those boys seem to have a BIG CAT fight in them! The pressure will be all on Highlands. They have a lot to prove. It is hard to compare teams when one is from a small town touting a whopping 47 players while the other has over 100 players, a football legacy which in no doubt allows some recruiting. With all of that said...I will leave you with this.... 2007 Appalachian St vs Michigan....
4256will Wrote:All of you people are fans you dont know what really happens on a football field...im not saying were going to win but dont count us out...you can best believe we're fighting til the clock hits zero for the last time
#IGotFaith

Then quit reading what is being posted on the internet and study the game not a football forum.
4256will Wrote:All of you people are fans you dont know what really happens on a football field...im not saying were going to win but dont count us out...you can best believe we're fighting til the clock hits zero for the last time
#IGotFaith

I can assure you that the people that matter the most, the Highlands players, are not counting you out. They know that FS will come out tough and will give it your all. Some of us fans know that also.
Not going to be much of a game highlands by 40
Wildwind Wrote:Franklin Simpson may be a huge underdog but those boys seem to have a BIG CAT fight in them! The pressure will be all on Highlands. They have a lot to prove. It is hard to compare teams when one is from a small town touting a whopping 47 players while the other has over 100 players, a football legacy which in no doubt allows some recruiting. With all of that said...I will leave you with this.... 2007 Appalachian St vs Michigan....

You might want to do some fact checking before you speak

SCHOOL----------- Avg. 2Year Boys
Franklin-Simpson--------445.5
Highlands-----------------419.5
http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignmen...isting.pdf

Population, Simpson County, KY 17,327 http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/21/21213.html

Population, Fort Thomas, KY 16,325 http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/21/2128594.html

Your excuses don't fly...

Whose fault is it you can't get more players ( http://www.khsaa.org/football/2011/4atoproster.pdf ) on the field, you have an average of 26 more boys? Highlands has 84 on the varsity roster ( http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/ssp/roster ) and manages to play an average of 50 + or - per game. For the state game, they will probably dress 36 frosh.

As for the recruiting, if you have any proof, please contact KHSAA immediately.

KHSAA
2280 Executive Drive
Lexington, KY - 40505
(859) 299-5472 - 859-293-5999 (f)
http://www.khsaa.org/

I will leave you with this.... 1982: HHS 6 Franklin-Simpson 0, 1975: HHS 21 Franklin-Simpson 0....
Blau Vogel Wrote:You might want to do some fact checking before you speak

SCHOOL----------- Avg. 2Year Boys
Franklin-Simpson--------445.5
Highlands-----------------419.5
http://www.khsaa.org/football/realignmen...isting.pdf

Population, Simpson County, KY 17,327 http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/21/21213.html

Population, Fort Thomas, KY 16,325 http://quickfacts.census.gov/qfd/states/21/2128594.html

Your excuses don't fly...

Whose fault is it you can't get more players ( http://www.khsaa.org/football/2011/4atoproster.pdf ) on the field, you have an average of 26 more boys? Highlands has 84 on the varsity roster ( http://www.highlands-bluebirds.com/ssp/roster ) and manages to play an average of 50 + or - per game. For the state game, they will probably dress 36 frosh.

As for the recruiting, if you have any proof, please contact KHSAA immediately.

KHSAA
2280 Executive Drive
Lexington, KY - 40505
(859) 299-5472 - 859-293-5999 (f)
http://www.khsaa.org/

I will leave you with this.... 1982: HHS 6 Franklin-Simpson 0, 1975: HHS 21 Franklin-Simpson 0....
Boone County: 93,290
Simpson County: 17,327

LOL probably not worth arguing because I know Boone Co. has alot high schools within the county. But I am curious, Does Boone Co. have school districts that require kids to go to a certain school? Or can they pick and choose based on where they wish to attend? Don't get all upset, I'm just asking a question here.
fb fan Wrote:Boone County: 93,290
Simpson County: 17,327

LOL probably not worth arguing because I know Boone Co. has alot high schools within the county. But I am curious, Does Boone Co. have school districts that require kids to go to a certain school? Or can they pick and choose based on where they wish to attend? Don't get all upset, I'm just asking a question here.

I never get upset about any of this.

I do wonder why you are comparing Simpson County with Boone County. Simpson County has one 4A sized school. Boone has two 6A schools, two 5A schools and Walton-Verona is 2A.

There are four county schools in Boone County (Boone, Cooper, Conner Ryle) and one Independent school district (Walton-Verona). Each of the county schools has very specific boundaries, with no open enrollment. I do not know if WV accepts tuition students.
Ok, thanks. Didn't know if anyone in the county could attend Highlands or if they had to be in a certain district. Wasn't sure.
fb fan Wrote:Ok, thanks. Didn't know if anyone in the county could attend Highlands or if they had to be in a certain district. Wasn't sure.

Highlands is in Campbell County.
Ok, didn't know that. So my population for the county has to change. LOL Cambell Co. pop. 88,604 citizens. LOL
fb fan Wrote:ok, didn't know that. So my population for the county has to change. Lol cambell co. Pop. 88,604 citizens. Lol

Simpson County: 17,327/1=17,327
Campbell County: 88,604/7=12,657

I had to recalculate because I forgot NCC
Blau Vogel Wrote:Simpson County: 17,327/1=17,327
Campbell County: 88,604/7=12,657

I had to recalculate because I forgot NCC

I wish I could forget NCC...
As for this game, I fully expect a running clock at some point.

Birds name the score.
horst muhlmann Wrote:Unlike the past 2 state championship games vs. John Hardin (35-7 Win) and Christian County (50-0 Win) which featured a combined total of 10 passes by Highlands' QB Towles, I can foresee Towles throwing more this year, leading to quicker scores.

According to the KHSAA web site, Franklin Simpson is primarily a run first team, which Highlands' Defense has absolutely stuffed the last 2 weeks vs. Covington and Lexington Catholic.

IMO that combination spells a big victory for the Birds, their 5th straight and 21st state title overall.

Highlands 63
Franklin Simpson 13

He may have the opportunity to throw more but when Dale is in a big game he tends to become more conservative with the run. There are less bad things that could happen when running the ball versus throwing it. But who knows, right when you think you have Dale figured out he tends to surprise you.::popcorn:
I think Franklin Simpson could beat Lexington Catholic. I sure don't think there will be a running clock in this one. You never know. Might be a good game for everyone to come over and watch.
I must have struck a nerve with a Highland fan....as you well know Highland is an INDEPENDENT school in a county with a population of over 80,000. According to your calculation of Ft. Thomas population...1% of them play high school football at Highlands. Really???? Simpson Co. doesn't even get close to 1/4 of a percent. Must be a very young population. Bowling Green (another powerhouse) is also an INDEPENDENT school. Some of Centrals best athletes end up at Bowling Green High...as I am sure some of Campbell counties best players go to Highland because of their success in football. Hence...recruiting...not that the school itself actually does this. I live in Simpson Co. and if I wanted my child to go to Bowling Green High...there is not a rule that can stop me. Therefore, the comparison is a little lop-sided so to speak. FS only gets the boys from their county. So, here is to Franklin-Simpson (David) who will meet Goliath this weekend. Go Cats!
FRANKLIN SIMPSON WINS!!!!! no doubt in my mind
adopted purple Wrote:I think Franklin Simpson could beat Lexington Catholic. I sure don't think there will be a running clock in this one. You never know. Might be a good game for everyone to come over and watch.

I know people do not like to compare commen opponents but I think it is worth pointing out the following. Western was beat 56-0 by Highlands and was IMO the worst team they played this year if you take heart and desire into account. The probably have better players than Pendelton Co. and Harrison Co., but I would take those two teams over the players I saw at Western. Collins beats Western by 1 and FS beats Collins by 5. This is why I think Highlands names the score in the title game. If FS and Collins are not better by a ton than Western, there is no chance they win.
Highlands played Western at Ft. Thomas.

It was the third game of the year and Western's only trip outside of Jefferson County till they went to Collins. That was a team totally out of their comfort zone.

There is a whole lot more for Highlands fan to build a case for a blowout win than the Western game.

Just look at any computer prediction or the betting line.

Highlands is a heavy heavy favorite. We get that. We have known it since last Friday night at about 9:00 Central Time.

We don't care.
I will be rooting for Franklin-Simpson but, lets face it, they don't stand a chance in this game!

Highlands - 56

Franklin-Simpson - 14
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
macdon Wrote:Highlands played Western at Ft. Thomas.

It was the third game of the year and Western's only trip outside of Jefferson County till they went to Collins. That was a team totally out of their comfort zone.

There is a whole lot more for Highlands fan to build a case for a blowout win than the Western game.

Just look at any computer prediction or the betting line.

Highlands is a heavy heavy favorite. We get that. We have known it since last Friday night at about 9:00 Central Time.

We don't care.

Glad to see you over here mac. You raise some valid points about the Western matchup. A lot of folks don't fully appreciate what goes through opposing kids minds when they play Highlands for the first time at Highlands.

I'm quite confident that the Wildcats lead by Coach Schlosser will play extremely hard. That might not be enough, but it's all you can ask of kids.
http://www.franklinfavorite.com/articles...455756.txt

Highlands is a private school in northern Kentucky that attracts such talent as the sons of former Cincinnati Bengals wide receiver Chris (is he related to Cris?) Collinsworth. The Bluebirds’ quarterback, 6-5, 235-pound Patrick Cowles, could be calling signals for Joker Phillips next season at the University of Kentucky. Considered one of the top 50 prospects in the southeast, which includes Florida and Georgia, Towles has thrown for 3,637 yards and 41 touchdowns. He’s been intercepted just once in 14 games. He also ran for 14 TDs.

It seems they failed to mention that the mother of Cris Collinsworth's sons is a life long resident of Fort Thomas and a graduate of Highlands.
  •  Previous
  • 2(current)
  • Next