Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
(2) Kentucky 62 Old Dominion 52
Final
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
[HTML]Team Stats ODU UK
FG Made-Attempted 18-56 (.321) 24-53 (.453)
3P Made-Attempted 5-15 (.333) 4-13 (.308)
FT Made-Attempted 11-17 (.647) 10-17 (.588)
Rebounds (Off-Total) 9-31 12-40
Assists 11 12
Steals 9 7
Blocks 2 10
Turnovers 13 20
Fouls (Tech) 19 (2) 17 (1)
Largest Lead 7 12[/HTML]
[HTML]Old Dominion Monarchs
FG FT REB AST PF PTS
C. Cooper 7/17 3/6 10 2 3 17
K. Bazemore 2/11 5/6 5 4 4 10
T. Iliadis 4/9 0/0 3 1 1 11
D. Batten 0/0 2/3 2 0 3 2
M. De Lancey 0/6 0/0 3 3 1 0
N. Wright 4/10 1/2 7 1 3 9
B. Key 1/2 0/0 0 0 2 3
J. Pimentel 0/0 0/0 1 0 2 0
A. Larsen 0/1 0/0 0 0 0 0
TOTALS 18/56 11/17 31 11 19 52
Kentucky Wildcats
FG FT REB AST PF PTS
M. Kidd-Gilchrist 6/13 0/2 9 1 4 13
A. Davis 4/6 3/5 9 1 5 11
D. Lamb 2/7 2/3 3 0 1 8
T. Jones 3/10 0/0 8 1 2 6
M. Teague 3/5 0/1 1 4 1 6 [/HTML]
It was ugly, but I'll take it. :biggrin:
^ It was like your younger days when you went to the bars and you had too much to drink, and you asked that lady to come home with you.....
Stardust Wrote:^ It was like your younger days when you went to the bars and you had too much to drink, and you asked that lady to come home with you.....
:Clap::rockon:
Cats looked very ugly in this one. And we had trouble controlling the big guy from ODU.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Very very poor game. Team had a hangover lol.
its not the score i was expecting but i'll take it. a win is a win. 36 more to go
Why was the T's called? Players bitching at eachother?
I forgot they played today...
UK played a game just 24 hours ago and has been on the road for a week. Probably a little bit tired. Also turned the ball over 20+ and won by double digits. I'll take it.
Calipari: "I don't know if I have ever had a team that has missed this many 1 footers. If Darius doesn't play, we get beat by 10-12 easy"
Cal: "the blueprint of lets play physical, body to body and play zone is how teams will play us until we get to point where we kill our zone"
Stardust Wrote:^ It was like your younger days when you went to the bars and you had too much to drink, and you asked that lady to come home with you.....

Pretty much how my night went, except that lady had a big pissed off boyfriend.

Forgot we played and slept through it. Win is a win though...
Miller carried us today.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Aslan Wrote:I'll take an ugly ass win over a beautiful loss any day.
Win #4 of 40.
They won't go 40-0 anyway, but they damn sure won't playing like they did today.
40-0
Ugly games like this can only help us. Davis will have to learn to play smarter, made a lot of dumb reach-in fouls, but better he makes them and learns from them in this game instead of against UNC, Loserville, Vandy, etc. As someone already said, i'm willing to bet our guys were also very tired from being on the road so long and having back-to-back games, they are going to be fine.

40-0.
A win is a win. Got to play better though.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cats had a great win today. One that will teach the som elessons for the rest of the year. We came in today shoting bad, playing bad, acting bad. ODU had a game plan. They stuck to it. They were real physical with UK. This seems to be how teams will play UK, but apparently UK isn't as weak as their competition thinks. UK was frustrated and it showed. Freshmen inexperience was evident, but they played through it. Gained some fortitude today.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
^
Great post.
Nailed it.
2 words to describe why uk won this game. "Darius miller" thats the lone reason! Darius was the only player that had a clue of how to attack the zone. Miller played great and hit big shots and got others involved at crucial points in this game. He made all his free throws which nobody else on the team could do. Teague and jones tried to be badasses and fight today which showed the lack of maturity there. Teague acts immature and turned the ball over a lot! He played the 1 guard terrible today! However the potential is there for him to be an elite guard! Lamb on the other hand, wasn't a leader and didn't even show up today he looked totally different today!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
^Good post.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
really 40-0? and they barely beat old dominion lmao
lol how many have the sparty won?
SPARTY Wrote:really 40-0? and they barely beat old dominion lmao

Yes, still won. Unlike your Spankies.
#BBFL
My spartys have played a much tougher schedule than your kittens form suckytucky have played this far!