Poll: Who do you think will win?
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
Collins
46.15%
Franklin-Simpson
53.85%
* You voted for this item.

Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins @ Franklin-Simpson 11/25 (4A Semifinals)
The Titans (11-2) will visit Franklin-Simpson (12-1) in their first trip to the state semifinals.

Who do you think will win?
Franklin Simpson has Years of tradition while Colllins is a newcomer on the Playoff scene. Both teams like to run the football and do so effectively. However, Collins passing game has been steadily improving along with their defense. Collins will also have some key players back that missed the Western game. Truth be told this game like all games comes down to who wins the battle in the trenches. I like Collins in this game.
Warrior77 Wrote:Franklin Simpson has Years of tradition while Colllins is a newcomer on the Playoff scene. Both teams like to run the football and do so effectively. However, Collins passing game has been steadily improving along with their defense. Collins will also have some key players back that missed the Western game. Truth be told this game like all games comes down to who wins the battle in the trenches. I like Collins in this game.

Collins' passing game has gotten much better as well as the defense. Collins will need to take care of the ball this week. They can't commit turnovers and give their opponent easy points like they have the past two weeks. They will need to bring their A game both offensively and defensively to win. I'm sure Coach Lucas will have his players ready though. It should be a great game and I'm looking forward to it.
I think this game is going to come down to who makes the least turnovers and special teams play. I do have to go with Collins again on this one just because of there defense. I don't see Franklin-Simpson running on them to effectively.
Blau Vogel Wrote:ROUND THREE PREDICTIONS

Using Massey ( http://www.highschoolsports.net/massey/m...sity/Boys/ ) /Calpreps ( http://www.calpreps.com/cgi-bin/2011/pro...up1_new.pl ) / ACTUAL

UPPER BRACKET (The West)
Franklin-Simpson 26 / 28
Collins 24 / 21

LOWER BRACKET (The East)

Lexington Catholic 28 / 27
Highlands 46 / 42

From another thread...
I think it should be a great one.
Making it to the semi's during its second year of football and not having a home field to play one this year. This is something special.
I'm going with Franklin-Simpson at home.
Franklin Simpson.
we have gotten tons of rain lately.
what will be the field conditions @ FS?
Just a note, kickoff is scheduled for 6:00 PM central/7:00 PM eastern time.
Tommy2tone Wrote:we have gotten tons of rain lately.
what will be the field conditions @ FS?
Just listened to someone from Franklin-Simpson on wxln, he said despite all the rain, the field drains very well and should be in good condition by Friday.

BTW, where is Franklin-Simpson?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Jarons Wrote:Just listened to someone from Franklin-Simpson on wxln, he said despite all the rain, the field drains very well and should be in good condition by Friday.

BTW, where is Franklin-Simpson?

Franklin is 12 miles south of Bowling Green. It's right on the border with Tennessee. FS keeps getting better every game. They beat Lone Oak 20-7 at Lone Oak last Friday. I don't see Collins coming to their field and winning. Franklin 28-14.
I think Collins can come down there and win..
I like Collins, 17-14
Should be a great game. I think the Titans can pull it out.

Collins 24-21
Franklin-Simpson, which was bumped from the 4A playoffs the last two years by Lone Oak, beat the Purple Flash 20-7 as cousins Darrius and Jerrell Wickware combined to rush for 304 yards and three TDs. The Wildcats host Collins in the semifinals.

Read more: http://www.kentucky.com/2011/11/24/19721...z1egTnZTxg
The Collins High School football team will hit the road for today’s Class 4-A state semifinal game, but that’s nothing new for the Titans this season. They were forced to play all of their “home” games at nearby Shelby County after the Collins playing field was deemed unplayable during the summer.

Administrators still are trying to determine who will pay to repair the Titans’ Sports Turf field in time for the 2012 season.

For now, though, the only concern is today’s trip to Franklin-Simpson (12-1) for a 7 p.m. EST kickoff.

“I think it’s amazing what they’ve done,” Collins coach Jerry Lucas said of his players. “They’ve gotten on a school bus to go to every game this year.”

The Titans (11-2) lost their first two “home” games to Class 6-A opponents Meade County and Eastern before winning their final six. That included three playoff games, including a 13-12 squeaker over Western in last week’s Region Two final.

Sophomore quarterback Lawson Page said he hasn’t minded playing at Shelby County, even if students from the rival school occasionally make it hard to garner a home-field advantage.

“They’ll go on the (visitors’Wink side and cheer against us,” Page said. “But that’s part of a rivalry. It’s fine.”

Lucas said not having the Sports Turf field recently has been tough because rains have turned the grass practice field into a muddy mess.

“The worst part is walking past it every day to go over to the practice field,” he said. “It’s beautiful. It’s like your parents gave you a new toy and took it right back from you.”

Collins will face a Franklin-Simpson team that has won 11 straight games since a 34-6 loss at Warren Central on Aug. 26. Senior cousins Darius Wickware (1,665 yards, 26 TDs) and Jerrell Wickware (597 yards, seven TDs) lead the Wildcats’ wing-T attack.

“Darius is a power back, but he also has speed and finesse,” Wildcats coach Tim Schlosser said. “He has good vision and sees the hole well. … Jerrell is one of those scatback-type guys. We line him up at several different positions. He’s quicker than Darius.”

Linebacker Kane Ray (165 tackles) leads the defense. David Elson, former head coach at Western Kentucky University, is the offensive coordinator.

Lucas said Collins shouldn’t be shocked by the Wildcats’ speed.

“I like the fact that we’ve played the Easterns and Bryan Stations and Westerns,” he said. “We’ve played an extremely large number of athletic teams.”

http://saxo.highschoolsports.net/article...ld?Avis=B2
I think David Elson is the defensive coordinator.
After the last couple of playoff losses Collins has suffered, I think they're too close to the title game to be denied.

Collins 21
FS 14
Good luck to both teams and good luck to the Wickware boys at Franklin-Simpson.