Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
#2 Kentucky 85 - Penn St. 47
Aslan Wrote:UK don't need Davis to put up big numbers to succeed. He just needs to block/alter shots and rebound. His post game will come once he gets used to his body and after a few months under Cal.

I couldn't agree more with that. I was just referring to today's game. I'm not hating on him when I say this but I think he needs 2 years at the collegiate level. He needs a year to buff up and gain some weigh and work on that post game
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Am I the only one that was overly impressed with wiltjer today? As well as the way lamb stepped up and had the est game of his career. Davis was a flop today and didnt play to his potential at all.

Remember what we were discussing last night? Haha, we were right. People were losing there minds and actually calling Wiljter a bad player because of the Kansas game, lol. He'll play alot this year and will be a great player...
vundy33 Wrote:Remember what we were discussing last night? Haha, we were right. People were losing there minds and actually calling Wiljter a bad player because of the Kansas game, lol. He'll play alot this year and will be a great player...

Haha u were right, I wasnt saying he was a bad player though I like wiltjer I just didn't think he would play because he didn't in the Kansas game. I think it all depends on the opponent uk is playing that will determine the number of minutes he sees
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Cats -18.5... Was my best pick all day.
theVILLE Wrote:Haha u were right, I wasnt saying he was a bad player though I like wiltjer I just didn't think he would play because he didn't in the Kansas game. I think it all depends on the opponent uk is playing that will determine the number of minutes he sees

I was talking about the fact that you and I agreed that he wasn't a bad player, and him not playing in the Kansas game was because of the situation, not his skill or anything else like that.

And yep, agreed.
Wilter will be the 8th or 9th off the bench.
I hate his game. He has got to get tougher and quit being clumsy.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wilter will be the 8th or 9th off the bench.
8th or 9th? Who plays over him? Miller is the 6th man right now. I see Wiltjer getting more time than Vargas. Although Vargas will play more against the more physical teams.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
vundy33 Wrote:I was talking about the fact that you and I agreed that he wasn't a bad player, and him not playing in the Kansas game was because of the situation, not his skill or anything else like that.

And yep, agreed.

I can't believe this lol. We agree. And in not saying he is the next dirk but his game is very similar. He can shoot the ball very well but he has a hook too to go with it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Wilter will be the 8th or 9th off the bench.

More like 7th.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:I couldn't agree more with that. I was just referring to today's game. I'm not hating on him when I say this but I think he needs 2 years at the collegiate level. He needs a year to buff up and gain some weigh and work on that post game

Dude are u not a uk hater? Why are u giving them props? Suppose to be hating on them like no other! Especially if your favorite team is there arch rival!
Amun-Ra Wrote:8th or 9th? Who plays over him? Miller is the 6th man right now. I see Wiltjer getting more time than Vargas. Although Vargas will play more against the more physical teams.

Come January he will be the 8th man off the bench, maybe.
Not that theres that big of a difference between 7th or 8th, either way, he'll never start at UK.
SPARTY Wrote:Dude are u not a uk hater? Why are u giving them props? Suppose to be hating on them like no other! Especially if your favorite team is there arch rival!

Because he's got a little maturity about him and respects others and knows when to troll.
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
theVILLE Wrote:I can't believe this lol. We agree. And in not saying he is the next dirk but his game is very similar. He can shoot the ball very well but he has a hook too to go with it

Yep...I love that little hook he's got. When the game gets slow, and we're locked down into having to work for buckets in the front court, he's skills will be priceless for us.
SPARTY Wrote:Dude are u not a uk hater? Why are u giving them props? Suppose to be hating on them like no other! Especially if your favorite team is there arch rival!

Yeah, he trolls when it makes sense. theVille and I have it at it, but the things we agree on are obvious, with both UofL and UK.
RIUTG, I have to disagree with you on this rare occasion.
Cal said at halftime Wiltjer might be the most skilled player on the team. He also said if he plays defense and rebounds, he'd keep him in the whole game. Obviously those two areas are his weaknesses and he has much improvement to do. He'll get there though and he's going to be great. IMO he's going to be apart of 2-3 GREAT UK teams. Like someone else said, against more physical teams Vargas will get more PT. That's going to hurt UK on the offensive end though, because he is an offensive liability.
There is no denying this though: Wiltjer can put points on the board in a hurry and in a variety of ways. IMO he's our best offensive freshman. He's very old school and fundamental sound. I love it. Once he gets toughness and defense down, he's going to be scary.
And as always, 40-0.
Game Ball: Doron Lamb
vundy33 Wrote:Yeah, he trolls when it makes sense. theVille and I have it at it, but the things we agree on are obvious, with both UofL and UK.

Oh do we ever! About mid December we should have some pretty good arguments for sure! An even more come march! Lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
Kyle Wiltjer equals Keith Van Horn!
There is a time to hate and there is a time not to hate. A time when you shouldn't be hating and should be giving props is when your team, the spartans, have yet to wins a game! Trust me, ask anybody on here I do my fair share of hating on uk! Some of your post about how ALL uk players are overrated, how can you say that? I hate uk alot but ou can't deny there talent level this season, I agree they sure won't go 40-0. Also when your team is playing well like my cardinals are ( with key players out) there is no need to ramble on and on and hate, you have confidence in letting the game DO THE TALKING! So to answer your question I hate when the time is right.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
There is a time to hate UK and that is all time man! UK is terrible!!! you make no sense to me!
SPARTY Wrote:There is a time to hate UK and that is all time man! UK is terrible!!! you make no sense to me!

I'm glad you joined this site. We are going to have a lot of fun.:popcorn:
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
SPARTY Wrote:There is a time to hate UK and that is all time man! UK is terrible!!! you make no sense to me!

A time to hate uk? Yes I will always hate UK! They are my most hated team in america (You are sure giving MSU a run for that spot) but you have to give credit were credit is due! And when UK deserves credit I will give it to them! when Duke deserves Ill give it to them, when your spartys actually win a game I will give them props! Confusedhh:
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"