Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mayfield vs Beechwood (semi state)
Killer in the Sun Wrote:I bet Mayfield had comparable team speed at the skill postions as these teams.

No, c'mon now, let's not get carried away. No question about it, Mayfield deserves to be the top team in 1A and all the accolades until someone knocks them off. But to say they have the athletes top to bottom as a program like Trinity now makes this too far fetched to continue the conversation!
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Mayfield is a good program but noone in the eastern united states has the team speed of trinity. And I disagree with comparable to highlands or central mayfield may be the fastest team in 1a but Highlands and central Have about 30 kids that can flat out fly. That's why most if not all of there players only play one side of the ball.
TongueirateSho
I dont think we would ever win but i , along with muiltip. Fans would love to see where we stood against a highlands... year in an year out Mayfield is so under rated , and i can understand this from the past..... we used to go to state and play a close game if we won or we would just get our asses handed to us..... Not now We really are good you seen last year, and you will see again.... no one in the frist three classes could play with them .. and im not so sure central could either but this thread is not about that....Its about proving a point to those Beechwood fans that cant understand why they cant get over that hump.... Explaination is simple .. They just arn't as good ..
Stardust Wrote:No, c'mon now, let's not get carried away. No question about it, Mayfield deserves to be the top team in 1A and all the accolades until someone knocks them off. But to say they have the athletes top to bottom as a program like Trinity now makes this too far fetched to continue the conversation!

And Dust ... no one said they had the athletes TOP TO BOTTOM that trinity has ... It was said that we had comarable team speed.... and im quite sure that we do. Not every were .... but in most places!! otherwise we would be ranked #1 in nation...Confusedinglepar Star your Beechwood team is not going to win in face i think they really stand no chance....
ontopofthewest Wrote:TongueirateSho
I dont think we would ever win but i , along with muiltip. Fans would love to see where we stood against a highlands... year in an year out Mayfield is so under rated , and i can understand this from the past..... we used to go to state and play a close game if we won or we would just get our asses handed to us..... Not now We really are good you seen last year, and you will see again.... no one in the frist three classes could play with them .. and im not so sure central could either but this thread is not about that....Its about proving a point to those Beechwood fans that cant understand why they cant get over that hump.... Explaination is simple .. They just arn't as good ..

You put up 38 points against Beechwood the last two years with your starters on the field the entire game. HHS put up 48 and 50 with their starters coming out in the first half. Don't get ballsy now thinking you can compete with Highlands.....
tomcatfan722000 Wrote:Mayfield is a good program but noone in the eastern united states has the team speed of trinity. And I disagree with comparable to highlands or central mayfield may be the fastest team in 1a but Highlands and central Have about 30 kids that can flat out fly. That's why most if not all of there players only play one side of the ball.

First of all , we are talking about last year. We are not talking about the whole team either. Mayfield has a way above average track program. Paducah Tilghman , I guarentee you has compareable team speed at the skill postions.

Does Trinity, Highlands and other have more depth? Of course.

Some think this years team is faster. I also think some of you are getting confused about team speed over whether or not we could play with those teams.
Trinity, no. Some of the others , we could hang in there. Just an opinion.
Stardust Wrote:You put up 38 points against Beechwood the last two years with your starters on the field the entire game. HHS put up 48 and 50 with their starters coming out in the first half. Don't get ballsy now thinking you can compete with Highlands.....

You are wrong

Mayfield in 09 took the starters out in the 3rd quarter and 2 td's were called back.

Last year we took a knee on the 2 yard line to end the game.

You have no idea what Mayfield could do, crawl back in your cage.:biggrin:
ontopofthewest Wrote:And Dust ... no one said they had the athletes TOP TO BOTTOM that trinity has ... It was said that we had comarable team speed.... and im quite sure that we do. Not every were .... but in most places!! otherwise we would be ranked #1 in nation...Confusedinglepar Star your Beechwood team is not going to win in face i think they really stand no chance....

Umm, Beechwood is not my team!
Killer in the Sun Wrote:You are wrong

Mayfield in 09 took the starters out in the 3rd quarter and 2 td's were called back.

Last year we took a knee on the 2 yard line to end the game.

You have no idea what Mayfield could do, crawl back in your cage.:biggrin:

LOL, I know what they CAN'T do!!!:flame:
rebel 4 life Wrote:keep thinking that i am thinking that beechwood is a little bit better then mayfield beechwood played better teams then mayfield has and it will show beechwood 34 mayfield 27

phaa haa ha ..... Dude my only explaniation for ur stupidity is you must have some really good weed .... In fact im going to say your stoned out of your mind.. Hey everybody we got Snoop Dogg in the house..!!!!
Snoop, Do you honestly think that Beechwood can score 34 points on the #1 defence in the state???? Really???? well hate to break your heart but its not going to happen.. BW has faced teams with a total record of 71-79 . Mayfield has faced teams with a total record of 75-77 Mayfield has faced 6 teams with losing records , Beechwood has faced 7... So to say that beechwood has faced a tougher scheduel is kinda crazy too.... PUt the blunt down Snoop.... put it down..!Confusednicker: Tell ya what im goign to change my score i wanna go with 41-13 ,,,,, seee i dont know if there is any one on here who went to the game last year but if there are i'm sure yall remember the knee we took at the end of the game.. and the two wide open passes we dropped and it seems like im missin another , but oh well thats 21 more points that could had been on the board , that this years team wont be so nice at giving.. although i'm sure if we get up on top you might still see a knee at the end of the game instead of running up the score.. We respect Beechwoods program and figure a 24 point thrashing is enough to know who's better !!Snoop i Hope to See you at the gameConfusedmoke:
Look, if you cannot intelligently play good, then you will lose your playing privileges! Don't call anyone names or make ignorant slurs like this again or your reward will be a permanent vacation!

It's amazing how some people don't have the sense of social media and they get their feelings hurt because they have the immaturity and lack of social skills to post an intelligent syllable without having to make idiotic personal comments! The rest of the Mayfield fans "Get it" and do not have to retort with completely uneducated and elemental posts such as this!

ontopofthewest Wrote:phaa haa ha ..... Dude my only explaniation for ur stupidity is you must have some really good weed .... In fact im going to say your stoned out of your mind.. Hey everybody we got Snoop Dogg in the house..!!!!
Snoop, Do you honestly think that Beechwood can score 34 points on the #1 defence in the state???? Really???? well hate to break your heart but its not going to happen.. BW has faced teams with a total record of 71-79 . Mayfield has faced teams with a total record of 75-77 Mayfield has faced 6 teams with losing records , Beechwood has faced 7... So to say that beechwood has faced a tougher scheduel is kinda crazy too.... PUt the blunt down Snoop.... put it down..!Confusednicker: Tell ya what im goign to change my score i wanna go with 41-13 ,,,,, seee i dont know if there is any one on here who went to the game last year but if there are i'm sure yall remember the knee we took at the end of the game.. and the two wide open passes we dropped and it seems like im missin another , but oh well thats 21 more points that could had been on the board , that this years team wont be so nice at giving.. although i'm sure if we get up on top you might still see a knee at the end of the game instead of running up the score.. We respect Beechwoods program and figure a 24 point thrashing is enough to know who's better !!Snoop i Hope to See you at the gameConfusedmoke:
Stardust Wrote:Umm, Beechwood is not my team!

Stardust Wrote:LOL, I know what they CAN'T do!!!:flame:
U sure they arnt and ur just to embarrassed to claim them :lmao:

OH me....... Here we go i gotta ask ....... What cant they do Star???:hilarious:
Stardust Wrote:Look, if you cannot intelligently play good, then you will lose your playing privileges! Don't call anyone names or make ignorant slurs like this again or your reward will be a permanent vacation!

It's amazing how some people don't have the sense of social media and they get their feelings hurt because they have the immaturity and lack of social skills to post an intelligent syllable without having to make idiotic personal comments!

Sorry star , dint mean to play so ruff... was just saying that its totaly crazy he thinks they will score that many points on mayfields d...thats all
ontopofthewest Wrote:Sorry star , dint mean to play so ruff... was just saying that its totaly crazy he thinks they will score that many points on mayfields d...thats all

Look, joust, rub noses, bitch and fight all you want, but let's not take or make this personal. No one loves to troll more than me, but let's know what we can and can't do!
Mayfield by 10
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
Stardust Wrote:Look, if you cannot intelligently play good, then you will lose your playing privileges! Don't call anyone names or make ignorant slurs like this again or your reward will be a permanent vacation!

It's amazing how some people don't have the sense of social media and they get their feelings hurt because they have the immaturity and lack of social skills to post an intelligent syllable without having to make idiotic personal comments! The rest of the Mayfield fans "Get it" and do not have to retort with completely uneducated and elemental posts such as this!

To the rest of the Card fans, you are always fun jousting with, but if you claim this character as representing the class that you have shown, then same on you!

Was not aware things on here were takin to heart, Its the end of the season , ppl on here talk trash , .. i was just poking fun lol .. and i do have a degree fyi and no it was not social media. So i take back what i said about snoop and the herbal mention. But the rest of the statement was true..:igiveup:
Would LOVE to watch this game.

Mayfield 28
Beechwood 7

The Cardinal defense will be too much.
ontopofthewest Wrote:Was not aware things on here were takin to heart, Its the end of the season , ppl on here talk trash , .. i was just poking fun lol .. and i do have a degree fyi and no it was not social media. So i take back what i said about snoop and the herbal mention. But the rest of the statement was true..:igiveup:

Talk trash, no one on here loves that more than me. TongueirateSho
So Beechwood knocks off #11 by 32 points and struggles in the first half..... Im going to give you beechwood fans a chance to change your minds even you Dust!!! Mayfield dominates a college size line #3 by 44 points and yes no excuse but could of had 2 more easy tds that never that penaltys took . We stopped number #3 in the state scoring leaders to zero points, they avg 49.8 points a game just shy of #2 beechwood and #1 highlands.
Holy cross was ranked in the top ten in the state as a top rushing defensive leader coming in at #6 with avg alowing 87yards per gam against them .. Mayfield put down 207 on the ground... oh and Myfield was ranked #1 in this catogory with the avg of 58 per game.
Holy cross was ranked in the top ten in the state in pass defensive leaders only avg givin up 65 yards a game.. Mayfield passed for 181... Beechwood does not even rank onthese two stats.... So to think that Beechwoods D fence is going to stop Mayfield is ludicris... And vise versa ... thanking Mayfield's top ranked D in the state is going to allow Beechwood to score over 2 tds .. well thats just as crazy .... Any thoughts?
west

I think, star is a Highlands fan and as such is going to support his NKY boys much like we do our western neighbors. Can't fault him for that. I get a kick out of comments being the same every year in reguard to Beechwood and Mayfield and I guess if he does it long enough he will eventually get it right. But what he is doing is no different than what we do for our neighbors
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:west

I think, star is a Highlands fan and as such is going to support his NKY boys much like we do our western neighbors. Can't fault him for that. I get a kick out of comments being the same every year in reguard to Beechwood and Mayfield and I guess if he does it long enough he will eventually get it right. But what he is doing is no different than what we do for our neighbors

Star is not a HHS fan either Wink

One of these days.....:redboxer:

LOL

That is true
Let me get this straight, Mayfield will win because of how good they were last year? Cause that's what I'm getting from some people.

Both Mayfield and Beechwood are good football teams, otherwise they wouldn't be playing. But to say one team will beat the other because of something from last year is crazy

Also, Mayfield is fast, but not even close to Trinity or Central.
MayfieldCardinal Wrote:west

Ya i know how the whole support your area goes ... but this is a Mayfield vs Beechwood thread , for that he has chosen to support them so inturn he shall be quilified as a fan .... so... your team going down 'Dust':rockon:lol year after year it is the same ol stuff wish he would change sides:please:

Beechwood is old News!!!
toussaints Wrote:Let me get this straight, Mayfield will win because of how good they were last year? Cause that's what I'm getting from some people.

Both Mayfield and Beechwood are good football teams, otherwise they wouldn't be playing. But to say one team will beat the other because of something from last year is crazy

Also, Mayfield is fast, but not even close to Trinity or Central.

The intent of the statement about Mayfield and how they are going to win based off of last year , is that we know how good our team was last year and dominated everyone .. So in return .. is how we base this years team . umm .. well they are pretty much the same on offence maybe they dont pass as much but it is still a touchdown strike at any time passing game allong with a little jonathan jackson 'squared' on the ground... now the D is alont better i mean they are top in the state..
You guys are batttling words and you should be discussing numbers!!!!! like the number 14 for example..........As in Jonathan Jackson #p, and LaBront Scott, #5, see how easy? that equals 14. Mayfield wins by 14......I think I like that!
DogPoundRusty Wrote:You guys are batttling words and you should be discussing numbers!!!!! like the number 14 for example..........As in Jonathan Jackson #p, and LaBront Scott, #5, see how easy? that equals 14. Mayfield wins by 14......I think I like that!

Oh come on Russ ,,,, your buying into the whole thing .. 14???? Where better than that... I'll give you beechwood and 15 on a ten dollar bet..
Does anyone know when BW plans on coming down and how many fans they bringing?
the past won't help either team. what they did against weak or better teams won't matter either. It all comes down to one game: this game. Friday night we will know who was better in this one game. Both are great programs And will be a great one no matter the out come. IMO I just know it will be closer if both come out doing what each does best. Turn over(s) will be the key in this game. Who gets them? and who can make something out of them

Good luck to both teams
Mayfield 38 Beechwood 14

Has Beechwood ever beaten Mayfield?
Bird4Life Wrote:Mayfield 38 Beechwood 14

Has Beechwood ever beaten Mayfield?

No.