Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Bill Self: UK could be top team
Kansas University coach Bill Self believes the Kentucky basketball team that pasted KU, 75-65, on Tuesday in New York ranks as one of the finest squads his Jayhawks have faced in the past nine years.

“We’ve played two teams that would rival them from a talent standpoint — one would be Memphis, and one would be Florida,” Self said Wednesday on his Hawk Talk radio show.

The Jayhawks downed eventual national champion Florida, 82-80, in overtime on Nov. 25, 2006, in Las Vegas, and toppled Memphis, 75-68, in overtime in the 2008 NCAA title game.

“You are looking at maybe four lottery picks,” Self added of UK’s Terrence Jones, Anthony Davis, Marquis Teague and Michael Kidd-Gilchrist and/or Doron Lamb.

“If they keep getting better, they have a chance to be the best team in the country,” Self added. “From a raw-talent standpoint, even the Carolina team we faced in the Final Four with (Ty) Lawson, (Wayne) Ellington, (Tyler) Hansbrough and Danny Green ... this Kentucky team may even be superior to that. That’s some hard-rocking dudes. They have a real shot (at 2012 national title).”

Kentucky’s athletic big men blocked 13 shots Tuesday, the most ever against a KU team. Texas blocked 12 KU shots in a 80-68 loss to the Jayhawks on Feb. 8, 2010, in Austin, Texas.

http://www2.kusports.com/news/2011/nov/1...-top-team/

40-0 anybody?
40-0
Love it.
Breakin Records Baby.....

40-0
If they beat Carolina no one else has a shot.
40-0

Thanks for sharing Aslan
If Louisville beats the Cats, I will shoot Aslan right between the eyes for all this 40-0 gloating....
Stardust Wrote:If Louisville beats the Cats, I will shoot Aslan right between the eyes for all this 40-0 gloating....

lol
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:If they beat Carolina no one else has a shot.

If? IF? Actually I'd give it a much better likelihood that we'll
lose a conference road game than lose to UNC. This team
is better than UNC, and better than anyone period, but
the long grind just makes it almost impossible to go undefeated.
Oh yeah, we are ready knew this Bill. But thanks for noticing. Others will in time!

Smile
If you need any assistance or want to report a problem feel free to PM me and we will get it taken care of!  Thank you for choosing to be apart of the BGR community!
#BBFL
A top three team Kansas has played in the last nine years. High praise. Just imagine, this team has just hit the surface of how great they're going to be.
40-0, Dust, forever!
Ofcouse bill self will say that. If he played UNC he would say that about them too, or Vandy or memphis or anybody else that beats them... Thats common sense to say that about a team that beat you. Which in the real world UK isnt a top 25 team I dont think. THey just plain out suck and are very overrated! and asslan they sure not going 40-0! They may win 25 games tops
^
I ask this in all seriousness, does Izzo give you a wet one to wipe your mouth off with when you leave his office?
^
I wonder whos pulling are chain?
Aslan Wrote:Sparty is the biggest fail troll I've ever seen. You got to be a little realistic for your trolling to be believable man.

And 40-0 isn't believable goofy! They really won't when 25 games before tourney. Avatar bet that say they loose 3 games before sec play?
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:^
I ask this in all seriousness, does Izzo give you a wet one to wipe your mouth off with when you leave his office?

I ask this in all honesty, does cal do this for every one of you posters on here?
i think spart fart and the mountainqueer fan are the same guy
Aslan Wrote:Deal.
And 40-0 is realistic because on paper, we are better than every team that we play.

Why is unc ranked higher? And I don't see it happening and har to have blue shades on to even think that
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:i think spart fart and the mountainqueer fan are the same guy

I do like wvu, heck of a lot more than I like uk but I don't think we are the same person
^you two always liking each others post an all lolololol, well if your not the same person then theres definatly something going on between you two love birds:hilarious:
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:^you two always liking each others post an all lolololol, well if your not the same person then theres definatly something going on between you two love birds:hilarious:

I don't recall of liking any of his post.
SPARTY Wrote:Why is unc ranked higher? And I don't see it happening and har to have blue shades on to even think that

They're overrated. December 3rd couldn't come soon enough. We are going to roll them.
SPARTY Wrote:I ask this in all honesty, does cal do this for every one of you posters on here?

In all honesty, for a teacher, you cant type for shit.
comeback_kidxXx Wrote:i think spart fart and the mountainqueer fan are the same guy

comeback kid, you and vundy know better than that. :lame:

BTW Sparty....:welcome:

The Bluebloods on here still do not like the fact that Wall and Company were denied their Final Four in 2010 by my beloved Mountaineers!!!Confusednicker:
Bill self said uk "could be the top team" does he mean the best team he has played this year? I'm gonna have to partially agree with self though. Uk "could" be the top team come march. Right now though? I mean the godfather cal even said it, there is is at least 60 teams that could beat them right now or some bigger # like that. I don't hardly believe that but I will say the potential is there come march. I don't buy all this 40-0 stuff either but anything is possible in sports. ANYTHING! Upsets happen all the time.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
SPARTY Wrote:Why is unc ranked higher? And I don't see it happening and har to have blue shades on to even think that

Unc is ranked higher because they have equally the same level of talent uk has and more experience. But you want to talk about rankings and how they mean so much? I just looked at the rankings though, to bring this to your attention, the Spartans aren't even ranked and are yet to win a game! LOL at you!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
^ Agreed, it's the experience that RIGHTFULLY gives UNC the early season edge in rankings.
Stardust Wrote:^ Agreed, it's the experience that RIGHTFULLY gives UNC the early season edge in rankings.

A rightfully so. I wish dec 3 was on a neutral floor to prove the real #1.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
IAJ
"IT'S ALL JESUS"
theVILLE Wrote:Unc is ranked higher because they have equally the same level of talent uk has and more experience. But you want to talk about rankings and how they mean so much? I just looked at the rankings though, to bring this to your attention, the Spartans aren't even ranked and are yet to win a game! LOL at you!

WRONG. UK is more talented at every position besides the 3 and I could make an argument that Gilchrist and Miller both getting starters minutes at the 3 will be more production than Barnes. Only advantage UNC has in experience, which is overrated.