Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NBA Cancels all games before December 15th
Closer and closer to having no season Sad
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Greed, Greed, Greed
I am getting my wish, no basketball until after Christmas....
They're breaking my heart........NOT!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
They are breaking my heart. Sad
My Sacramento Kings could be finished forever because of this. I will go in more detail later.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:My Sacramento Kings could be finished forever because of this. I will go in more detail later.

LWC I hate to bang and bash on you like I have today but the Kings are horrible. If the lockout ends today their season would have already been over 5 months ago. LOL.
Ballers Wrote:LWC I hate to bang and bash on you like I have today but the Kings are horrible. If the lockout ends today their season would have already been over 5 months ago. LOL.

He meant without a season, the Kings will most likely no longer exist.

Good bye Sacramento, hello Seattle, San Diego, Kansas City, or St. Louis
I feel really bad for arena workers, media members, ticket workers, etc....because it really affects their lives.
Overpaid athletes and greedy owners, where has the logic gone. let's do away with all and start all over .

The "stars" of the NBA need to realize that they are not the only players to be able to play the game look at the young talent coming up out of high school and college.
I'm for sure done with the NBA for a couple years, if not forever.
vundy33 Wrote:I'm for sure done with the NBA for a couple years, if not forever.

So, what could UK have done with Knight and Liggins this year. It sure would have been nice to have them on the roster instead of sitting on their cans!
this is sad to see. people fighting over money while our nation is already in so much debt. you play the game cause you love it not casue of money. its the passion for the game not the greed. i like the nba i just wish they would get it sorted out soon.
I just don't get it at all. You get paid to play basketball, something these guys did for free as kids. I understand that you need to make money to have a decent living, but billionaires and millionaires fighting for thousands is silly.
The argument is more over new rules and regulations than it is over money.

I'm just done with the NBA. The regular season is as boring as it gets anyway. The ridiculousness of both the owner's and player's actions during this is just to much for me...
Ok the players said no to a great offer. A 50/50 split was good for both sides, but the players think they deserve more. Horseshit. They are overpaid as it is. Look at some of the horrible contracts that are being paid out to players that barely get off the bench. Now I know that is the owners fault for letting contracts get that way and that in part has lead to this lockout. In reality the owners should make more than the players, I mean they are the owners. I wouldn't expect to work in a hardware sotre and make more than the guy who owns the place. That isn't good buisness.

So here we are. The owners are adamant about getting money that they should be getting and the players don't want to give it up. They had a great offer but turned it down.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

“it was a tough one, but we’re the real blue.” Michael Kidd-Gilchrist

"This is MY state!" Anthony Davis
Amun-Ra Wrote:Ok the players said no to a great offer. A 50/50 split was good for both sides, but the players think they deserve more. Horseshit. They are overpaid as it is. Look at some of the horrible contracts that are being paid out to players that barely get off the bench. Now I know that is the owners fault for letting contracts get that way and that in part has lead to this lockout. In reality the owners should make more than the players, I mean they are the owners. I wouldn't expect to work in a hardware sotre and make more than the guy who owns the place. That isn't good buisness.

So here we are. The owners are adamant about getting money that they should be getting and the players don't want to give it up. They had a great offer but turned it down.

And it's the guys who are already set for LIFE that are the one's saying NO! It's the guys who are not with guarenteed contracts or making the League minimum (granted, that is a lot), that are getting screwed and not getting paid anything!!!
Stardust Wrote:And it's the guys who are already set for LIFE that are the one's saying NO! It's the guys who are not with guarenteed contracts or making the League minimum (granted, that is a lot), that are getting screwed and not getting paid anything!!!
You are right. This is soley on the players if you ask me.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“This is a great tradition that we have to live up to. It feels good that we were able to do this for Kentucky.” Brandon Knight

Amun-Ra Wrote:You are right. This is soley on the players if you ask me.

I struggle supporting anyone in these deals, whether it was the NFL or MLB a few years ago. But in this situation, the players have just been ridiculous.
Stardust Wrote:I struggle supporting anyone in these deals, whether it was the NFL or MLB a few years ago. But in this situation, the players have just been ridiculous.
Amen!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

toussaints Wrote:He meant without a season, the Kings will most likely no longer exist.

Good bye Sacramento, hello Seattle, San Diego, Kansas City, or St. Louis

I got that part..
You can move them to L.A. if you want, their still gonna suck.
Stardust Wrote:I struggle supporting anyone in these deals, whether it was the NFL or MLB a few years ago. But in this situation, the players have just been ridiculous.

I agree, they offered the players a good chunk and they turned it down..
Now the players and union are trying to take the NBA to court which will only mean more time and delays in games.
Ballers Wrote:I got that part..
You can move them to L.A. if you want, their still gonna suck.

Remember that they are one of the youngest teams in the NBA. They are getting better. Terrible decisions and drafts for a few years ruined this team. For 4-5 years not too long ago, they were easily the 2nd best team in the NBA.

With pieces like Evans (former Rookie of the Year), Cousins (undeniable talent), Jimmer Fredette (who knows how good or bad he could be?) and JJ Hickson. That is not even counting a player like Dalambert who can be a good defensive big-man.

The above mentioned players will only get better with time. Remember the Kobe's, Dirk's, etc... are getting older....
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:Remember that they are one of the youngest teams in the NBA. They are getting better. Terrible decisions and drafts for a few years ruined this team. For 4-5 years not too long ago, they were easily the 2nd best team in the NBA.

With pieces like Evans (former Rookie of the Year), Cousins (undeniable talent), Jimmer Fredette (who knows how good or bad he could be?) and JJ Hickson. That is not even counting a player like Dalambert who can be a good defensive big-man.

The above mentioned players will only get better with time. Remember the Kobe's, Dirk's, etc... are getting older....

The players you mention are good and will have pretty good careers..
But JJ Hickson is terrible.. Dalambert - He is well known for getting dunked on. He is a African American Shawn Bradley.
^Hickson is terrible? Who would you rather have Cassipi or or Hickson? Not too long ago Hickson was the untradeable player in Cleveland.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:^Hickson is terrible? Who would you rather have Cassipi or or Hickson? Not too long ago Hickson was the untradeable player in Cleveland.

Neither, they are both terrible.
How do you define terrible? I think they are solid 3rd options Obviously you want DeMarcus and Tyreke getting 1st and 2nd option touches, they are fine to be 3rd option.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LWC Wrote:How do you define terrible? I think they are solid 3rd options Obviously you want DeMarcus and Tyreke getting 1st and 2nd option touches, they are fine to be 3rd option.

LOL - I think they could have bought a few other options that are better for the price they paid for either of them..

Specially Dalemburt or whatever his name is. Guy is a joke and they pay him WAY too much.

And define terrible? Well this is as good as I can put it.
Terrible(defined in the NBA): A player who cannot play in the creek.
Example: Brian Scalabrine.