Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Johnson's reign over, but what a ride
For the first time in the eight seasons of Chase history, Jimmie Johnson will go to the final event of the year without a chance of winning the championship.

Just think about that for a second. For seven consecutive seasons, Johnson had a shot at winning the Sprint Cup title in the final race. And he won the last five of them.

Pick any sport and any champion (individual or team) of any era. Johnson's run ranks with the best of the best. It is long past time to give the man his due.

http://espn.go.com/rpm/nascar/notebook/_...ohnson-due
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
Much deserved respect!

BTW-I know that normally in the regular season 3 points is the difference in 1 position on the track but is that the same in the chase?

I think my boy leads Tony Stewart by 3 points. Could Edwards finish 2nd and Stewart win and still lose the chase?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
^Don't know for sure. But, heres to hoping Edwards DNFs...lol.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Relax, all right? Don’t try to strike everybody out. Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they’re fascist. Throw some ground balls – it’s more democratic.”

Crash Davis
^Boo you! lol
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
i hate Edwards and would like to see Stewart win it.
He tells it likes it is.

Either way, there about as much parity in Nascar as there is in womens college basketball, and it makes it really boring.
Jimmie Johnson's run was nothing short of magical. Can't wait to watch Sunday's race. Should come down to the wire.
LWC Wrote:Much deserved respect!

BTW-I know that normally in the regular season 3 points is the difference in 1 position on the track but is that the same in the chase?

I think my boy leads Tony Stewart by 3 points. Could Edwards finish 2nd and Stewart win and still lose the chase?

Race winner gets 43 points plus a 3 pt. bonus for winning, 2nd gets 42, 3rd place 41, and so on. 1 point bonuses for leading a lap, and another point for most laps led.

So, to answer your question, if Stewart wins and Edwards finishes 2nd, it would be tied before the lap bonuses. Obviously Stewart winning would have him leading a lap so he would recieve 1 bounus point. If Ewards led a lap he would get one as well. Then it would come down to who led the most laps. It's possible for a tie to occur in points. I think wins during the Chase are the tiebreaker which goes to Tony.