•  Previous
  • 8(current)
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Fastest football player in your schools history?
OldJacket Wrote:From the 60s and early 70s, Larry Kirksey and Charles Kirksey from Harlan and David Goins from Corbin...

I think Goins still holds most of the records at Corbin.
RoShamBo Wrote:Had to read back through this thread to make sure he wasn't mentioned but John Logan at Lexington Catholic was lightning fast. Ran 4.3s consistently at the combines before his senior year. After he went to UK I was up there for a visit and they said they got him on the clock in the 4.2s at one point. The only drawback from what I could tell was that he had bricks for hands, which as a WR certainly doesn't help your cause.

Didn't Winston Guy run a pretty fast 40 time when he was at Lex Cath?
For SK the fastest was probably Miles Simpson. When he ran the ball he always had another gear to separate from everyone else.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Didn't Winston Guy run a pretty fast 40 time when he was at Lex Cath?

Sure did. On Catholic's record board which is broken down by weight class it has John Logan with the fastest overall 40 time at 4.32 and Winston Guy with the second fastest at 4.35. Has Logan as 175 and guy at 185.

Here's the link if interested: http://www.lexingtoncatholic.com/sports/...ecords.htm
Bell County, Shawn Robbins.
I have to go with Tommy Chesterfield of Betsy Layne. That boy could fly.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:Didn't Winston Guy run a pretty fast 40 time when he was at Lex Cath?

I don't know about Guy and his 40 times, but Ben Revere had the fastest 60 time in the whole country(according to Baseball Showcase records it was 6.19). I have no idea what his 40 time would have been, but I guarantee it was blazing fast though.
RunItUpTheGut Wrote:I think Goins still holds most of the records at Corbin.

He is my kinfolk. I have more cousins than 64SUR ,but I only have one team,
Bob Seger Wrote:I don't know about Guy and his 40 times, but Ben Revere had the fastest 60 time in the whole country(according to Baseball Showcase records it was 6.19). I have no idea what his 40 time would have been, but I guarantee it was blazing fast though.

thats fast.thats about how long it took me to run 40 lol
WhyLie Wrote:Bell County, Shawn Robbins.

http://ky.milesplit.com/teams/bell/records this says Shawn Robbins ran 100 meter in 11.11. pretty quick.
For Pikeville definitely Cody Estep. At his best he ran under a 4.4 40 yard. Can't wait to see his speed at Centre
PikevillePanthers75 Wrote:For Pikeville definitely Cody Estep. At his best he ran under a 4.4 40 yard. Can't wait to see his speed at Centre

Does Pikeville have that kind of speed in the backfield this year?
Not starting mainly because of Pugh because sophomore Evan Rhodes is very fast but one get a chance at starting until he is a junior
pjdoug Wrote:Does Pikeville have that kind of speed in the backfield this year?

From what I know. Evan Rhodes could have that type of Speed that Cody Estep processed. The kid is very fast. What he does in the forty? Not sure. I do know this young man is fast. Real fast, and very quick with great hip moves. He's only a soph,. but he WILL get faster as the season wears on. Should be the third back along with Pugh, and Charles. Wouldn't be surprised to see him used at wr in some situations. However, this years edition is more than blessed at that position. Should be a great year for PHS football.
Big Five-0- Wrote:From what I know. Evan Rhodes could have that type of Speed that Cody Estep processed. The kid is very fast. What he does in the forty? Not sure. I do know this young man is fast. Real fast, and very quick with great hip moves. He's only a soph,. but he WILL get faster as the season wears on. Should be the third back along with Pugh, and Charles. Wouldn't be surprised to see him used at wr in some situations. However, this years edition is more than blessed at that position. Should be a great year for PHS football.

http://ky.milesplit.com/teams/PIKE/performances
55 was quick back in the day, he once told me he was a consistent 3.3

Rumor in Mayfield was that Jon Redd, TB for MO and briefly for the Falcons, was clocked a couple times at 4.3. I suspect he was clocked by a coach holding a stop watch and those times can range greatly. This was back in the very early 80's
Jerami Dugan from Meade County ran a 4:3/40 at a Oldham County weight meet back in 2003.
Throw Terrell Starks, Gerald Lungsford and Steve Wynn in the mix, I'd say Starks was probably the fastest at full speed on his 4th step
A Lafayette fan could probably smack down all of us and drop Tyson Gay's name.
Q Baker state champ in 100 200. Arliss Beach, Chris Hutt and Jason Nichols.
EKUAlum05 Wrote:A Lafayette fan could probably smack down all of us and drop Tyson Gay's name.

If not for Usain Bolt, Tyson Gay may have been the best sprinter in the world over the past decade and I hardly doubt he would have been caught doping had it not been for the fact that Usain Bolt was just too fast.
"Pshh" I hear the Bulldogs have a new transfer from bla bla state who can run a 4.2 40 backwards on one leg with a truck tied to his waist!

:truestory: Confusednicker:
[Image: http://pi.b5z.net/i/u/230085/i/Truck_pul...r_sled.JPG]
This is him!
:biggrin:
Russell county Lakers.
Nick Britt. The kid was as quick as a hiccup on the field.
Brandon40403 Wrote:Jerome Christian for hazard in the 90s or Jamal Howard-dereck combs in the early 2000s

Hazard = Hagans brothers - John, Augie, Joe(Zig), Calvin or Robert(Woo)
Baker earlier this summer at an elite camp in Indy ran a 4.29 40. He is Ashlands fastest player period.
Can anyone remember Deshae Henson that played over at Clay Co.?
  •  Previous
  • 8(current)