Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
best players 8th grade in state?
ive seen this jason haddix kid from wolfe score 30 7 times
Not sure of named but Wayne County has a guard that is cert good and Knox big man is very skilled.
i didnt notice much from waynes point guard but the forward played extremley well. threw one dunk down in warm ups tried to in game but didnt get it. the point guard was solid but the kids in the middle makes them go.
The guard may have moved to forward but the kid hit 9him 3's against us last yr. We won in triple ot but he was smoking them from 25-30 feet.
Some of the better players I have seen in 8th grade from around the stae would be

Malik Dow- Kammerer
Wes Wolfe- Clay County
Corey Stearns- Wayne County
Trey Blevins- Wayne County
Trey Farmer- Elkhorn
Chad Marse- - Knox County
Brandon Garrison -Knox County
Andy Highbaugh- Barren County
Malik Manica- Shelby West
Quentin Goodin- Taylor County
Braxton Beverly- Perry County
Drew Davis- Mercer County
Riley Hall- Northern Pulaski

These are just some of the few I have seen play and stood out to me. They are in no certain order and sm sure there are several that I could add to the list that I haven't got to see. I haven't seen alot of the Louisville and Lexington Kids and am sure they are several of those that can play I just haven't got to see.
Water Boy-

I have seen several players throughout the state and that Stearns, Blevins, Highbaugh, and Hall are right at the top of the list with players in the state. Saw all 4 at the N. Pulaski Christmas tournament last year and all were very impressive. Several kids on this list have a bright future at the High School level.
Braxton beverly is a very nice player can shoot the lights out of as he proved last year at perry co
You left out a few players from Jackson City - Sherman Collins, John Turner & Zach Hollan are all good players.
Am sure they are good players but they asked for the best.If you were naming all GOOD players in the state the list would be a mile long. The kids I have listed are the ones that have really stood out to me from the Hundreds of games I have watched over the list few years in this age group. There are several more that I thought were GOOD but I thought they were wanting the BEST.
Carson Williams top 5 player easy
Anybody know if Somerset Meece has anybody really good coming up? I know I should know if anyone but I use all my vacation days during football season and don't get to make it down in the winter for any basketball games. If anyone has any info it'd be appreciated!
Who are the best 8th grade players in the mountains this year. ( Besides Braxton Beverly)
centralky Wrote:Some of the better players I have seen in 8th grade from around the stae would be

Malik Dow- Kammerer
Wes Wolfe- Clay County
Trey Farmer- Elkhorn

These are just some of the few I have seen play and stood out to me. They are in no certain order and sm sure there are several that I could add to the list that I haven't got to see. I haven't seen alot of the Louisville and Lexington Kids and am sure they are several of those that can play I just haven't got to see.

These are all great players but i think the kid from Carr Creek or 1 of the kids from this chavies team.
rebel24 Wrote:Carson Williams top 5 player easy

Agreed. :Thumbs:
centralky Wrote:Some of the better players I have seen in 8th grade from around the stae would be

Malik Dow- Kammerer
Wes Wolfe- Clay County
Trey Farmer- Elkhorn

These are all great players, I have been blessed to coach several of them for a few years now. A few more that also needs to be thrown into the mix are Corey Stearns from Wayne (youtube), Quentin Goodin for Taylor county(he has several highlight videos on youtube) and Trevor Hill from Corbin. Overall this 2016 could be a great class! Carson Williams is definitely one of top right now. And be ready for some sleepers coming out in the next year or two. Best of luck to all these young men.
gohard Wrote:Agreed. :Thumbs:

top 2 easy
Some of the best 8th grade players that ive seen are....

Braxton Beverly - Perry County
Austin Banks - point guard for Whitesburg
Lamont Wright - guard for Dorton
Blaine May - Pikeville

Also Leslie has a really good big man that can dribble & shoot very well his name is blake or something like that he is really talented. But I think Austin Banks is by far the most talented that ive seen considering that he's a 7th grader that plays a team for whiteburg middle in letcher county.
The Hill kid from Corbin is getting a lot of playing time on the varsity level.
rebel24 Wrote:Carson Williams top 5 player easy
He and Thad Moss of Ockerman MS (Boone County/9th region) are two very impressive big guys.
KGB 28 Wrote:He and Thad Moss of Ockerman MS (Boone County/9th region) are two very impressive big guys.

I believe Carson and Thad were on the same AAU team...talk about a tough duo.
KyEliteKings Wrote:These are all great players, I have been blessed to coach several of them for a few years now. A few more that also needs to be thrown into the mix are Corey Stearns from Wayne (youtube), Quentin Goodin for Taylor county(he has several highlight videos on youtube) and Trevor Hill from Corbin. Overall this 2016 could be a great class! Carson Williams is definitely one of top right now. And be ready for some sleepers coming out in the next year or two. Best of luck to all these young men.

Malik Dow- Kammerer
Wes Wolfe- Clay County
Trey Farmer- Elkhorn

Kind of funny that one of the top teams in the nation(Pikeville) doesn't have a player on the list. On a serious note I believe Austin Chaffin from Louisa deserves to be on this list.
gohard Wrote:I believe Carson and Thad were on the same AAU team...talk about a tough duo.

They both play for Hoop Dreams and did well at AAU D1 Nationals this past summer.
Carson williams top 3
These list are completely WRONG!
basksetballfan1 Wrote:These list are completely WRONG!

Then please enlighten us with your list. :notworthy
You can form your own opinion on some of the best 8th grade players in the state this saturday in corbin, ky. This tournament consist of 5 teams, double elimination format. Teams included are louisa, wayne county ( has mentioned some of their players already ) cumberland, garrard county, and rosspoint. Should be some excellent basektball action this weekend. Travel to corbin at the new primary school basketball gym and watch this fantatic tournament with great players.
It should be a good preview of some of the teams as you have said but you really can't judge on the best players when all middle (7th/8th) grade teams are not in it... I would like to see one tournament where all middle school teams in ky were in it. I know that middle school isn't sanctioned like high school is but it would be nice to see something like the sweet 16 except for middle school.
Really Good Tournament happening in Mercer County this weekend.
bballfanforlife Wrote:It should be a good preview of some of the teams as you have said but you really can't judge on the best players when all middle (7th/8th) grade teams are not in it... I would like to see one tournament where all middle school teams in ky were in it. I know that middle school isn't sanctioned like high school is but it would be nice to see something like the sweet 16 except for middle school.

I agree! Most of these lists and rankings come from a regional perspective, which is fine, but not a reflection of the whole state. Add that with the varying use of middle school kids in high school. Some schools don't let kids "move up", so their MS teams are much stronger.

Still, why not an "official" state tournament at the end of the year?
newredhound Wrote:You can form your own opinion on some of the best 8th grade players in the state this saturday in corbin, ky. This tournament consist of 5 teams, double elimination format. Teams included are louisa, wayne county ( has mentioned some of their players already ) cumberland, garrard county, and rosspoint. Should be some excellent basektball action this weekend. Travel to corbin at the new primary school basketball gym and watch this fantatic tournament with great players.

want to see a good player come up to owen county and get a look at carson