Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Holy Cross (Covington) at Newport Central Catholic (Class 1A)
I root for all the NKY schools except NCC and Covcath. At least Covcath plays people most years. It seems to me, NCC wants to beat up the weak sisters of the poor, then pound their chest about how good they are.

I also think they have the least knowledgeable, most whining, fan base in the state. Go sit in their section for just 1 game and you'll see what I mean. I'm also not a fan of the site of their school. Not enough land for activities. Where's the football field? The baseball field is falling over the cliff too. I also think it's not the best functional use of prime real estate. Sell it, and build a decent place with all the money you would make. Wait, you can't sell it. How would they replace all the income from firework night money?
this will be NKY sports game of the week. you can watch it on nkysports.com

tristatefootball.com preview: http://tristatefootball.com/articles.asp?articleid=3645
tristatefootball prediction: NCC- 24, HC- 20
It's not a bad view that's for sure
[Image: http://media.kickstatic.com/kickapps/ima...548_ap.jpg]
Stardust Wrote:My comment was not to you.

Hence the nickname"Wide-left"!:lmao: Could have went with wide- right as well.:dump:
Wideleft01 Wrote:I root for all the NKY schools except NCC and Covcath. At least Covcath plays people most years. It seems to me, NCC wants to beat up the weak sisters of the poor, then pound their chest about how good they are.

I also think they have the least knowledgeable, most whining, fan base in the state. Go sit in their section for just 1 game and you'll see what I mean. I'm also not a fan of the site of their school. Not enough land for activities. Where's the football field? The baseball field is falling over the cliff too. I also think it's not the best functional use of prime real estate. Sell it, and build a decent place with all the money you would make. Wait, you can't sell it. How would they replace all the income from firework night money?

Whoaa, Now we are on to something! Lefty sits in their section ALL THE TIME! He is a secret Bred! Otherwise, there is ZERO chance he can corroborate his statement that the fans whine without he himself going to all the games and sitting there so that he could prove this comment....:biggrin:
Wideleft01 Wrote:I root for all the NKY schools except NCC and Covcath. At least Covcath plays people most years. It seems to me, NCC wants to beat up the weak sisters of the poor, then pound their chest about how good they are.

I think they wait to pound there chests untill they win state.I didn't go to NCC but from what I got from there fans was a very close knit, high spirited, group that is very loyal to there team. What they do with actions of there scool is absolutly no business of yours whatsoever unless your on the schoolboard. I really don't think you are so let's move on. Do you have any idea how much that land is worth? Wheel-borrow full of BIG bills. Enough to take the show up to the fort and start clearing out homes. Reduce the rates for the fine youg men and woman to go there. With the increased enrollment it might make it up to CCH class and HHS as well if they don't "steal" too many kids away from HHS. I would think the mighty bluebirds would move up to play in that district. That would be an awesome scenario!
Holy Cross (9-3) lost at NewCath, 31-14, Oct. 22. Since then, the Indians have outscored opponents 154-0 over a three-game winning streak. A tough regular season scheduled prepared Holy Cross to take care of business in the opening rounds of the postseason.

The Indians crushed previously undefeated Owen County 45-0 at Owen County Nov. 11. Playing the top teams in Northern Kentucky readied the Indians for the rest of the state’s top Class 2A competition

“We play our schedule to be ready for those games,” said Indians head coach Bruce Kozerski. “To our credit, the three teams that beat us in the regular season (NewCath, Conner, and Beechwood) are still playing.”

Quarterback Kyle Fuller ran for four touchdowns, passed for two more, and kicked a field goal to lead the latest Indians’ win. The defense held Owen County to 119 total yards of offense. Now, the attention turns to winning a regional championship. The Indians took both negatives and positives from their regular season loss to the Thoroughbreds.

“We had a lot of mistakes that we felt could have turned the tide at certain points,” Kozerski said. “We felt we did some good things, too.”

The win-or-go-home nature of this rematch should bring out the best in both teams. Holy Cross is peaking at the right time and is hungry to keep the season going.

“I think you’ll see a whole bunch of guys on both sides playing 100 percent on every play,” said Kozerski.

The Indians play NewCath at 7 p.m., Friday, Nov. 18, at Newport High School.

http://local.cincinnati.com/community/St...311150022/
hop24 Wrote:I think they wait to pound there chests untill they win state.I didn't go to NCC but from what I got from there fans was a very close knit, high spirited, group that is very loyal to there team. What they do with actions of there scool is absolutly no business of yours whatsoever unless your on the schoolboard. I really don't think you are so let's move on. Do you have any idea how much that land is worth? Wheel-borrow full of BIG bills. Enough to take the show up to the fort and start clearing out homes. Reduce the rates for the fine youg men and woman to go there. With the increased enrollment it might make it up to CCH class and HHS as well if they don't "steal" too many kids away from HHS. I would think the mighty bluebirds would move up to play in that district. That would be an awesome scenario!

Why pay to go to NCC and get an inferior education than what you can get at Highlands? Especially for free if you live in Ft. Thomas. The Ft. Thomas kids that go to NCC are the ones that can't cut it or don't think they could play at Highlands.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Why pay to go to NCC and get an inferior education than what you can get at Highlands? Especially for free if you live in Ft. Thomas. The Ft. Thomas kids that go to NCC are the ones that can't cut it or don't think they could play at Highlands.

Pay because your a good catholic and you want religion in your childs education. I don't look at there education being inferior whatsoever. Send them there because you don't want them acting arrogant about whos daddy has the better job or what kind of car you drive or what you can get for Christmas. NCC=FAMILY VALUES THRU GOD!:praise:
hop24 Wrote:Pay because your a good catholic and you want religion in your childs education. I don't look at there education being inferior whatsoever. Send them there because you don't want them acting arrogant about whos daddy has the better job or what kind of car you drive or what you can get for Christmas. NCC=FAMILY VALUES THRU GOD!:praise:

And to teach you of the errors of growing up one day to be a spiteful adult who hates other schools....
^I agree 100%......maybe if wideleft had went to a catholic high school and got some of that good catholic education and the great moral character they teach, then maybe, just maybe, he wouldn't be such an arrogant, spiteful adult. It's a shame that some people act that way, kids watch what their parents do and immitate them often, damn shame, the thought of someone's kids growing up to be that way, just because their parents are.
Newport Catholic 28-14.
7pm cant come fast enough. I can't wait for this game to get started
I will be at this showdown between 2 fine football programs.
I suspect that this game could go either way and a spread of 21 or more points is likely
as 2 explosive teams meet.

I am a new transplant to NKY so I don't have longstanding biases that many have. I like friendly smack talk but at some point Leftist comments get a little old. I did not realize just how arrogant and conceited Highlands fans were until my coworkers at the hospital clued me in a few years back.
I would like to express my opinion and explain a little about why I like to follow football.
I was asked to attend a game between NCC and Campbell County about 4 years ago before working the night shift.
I was a close back and forth game that I had to leave before it was over but I was hooked. The enthusiasm and teamwork of the young men impressed me and I have been a fan since. It was hard to imagine that a school the size of NCC with 211 male students NCC could compete with a school 4 times larger. I have coworkers in an often very stressful situation who have sons that play on various teams. A common value that we share is to see these young men develope into strong responsible adults.
Teamwork and dedication to excellence means something to us.
Working long 10-12 hour shifts under stress often leaves us physically and mentally exhausted.
To get by we often like to talk football on the way out in the parking lot...it helps us continue to push harder.
It may be crazy but a couple years ago when an auto accident left me without any help in my department. None the less
it was busy and I had to push even harder to deliver quality health care. The phrase "Kues on the keeper" was thrown around as
I scrambled to save pulmonary embolism victim. I both kinetically dosed and prepared blood thinners etc but had
to literally run like crazy to get it done. Since then my nurses and I have had several occasions where we have
had to give it the extra effort and teamwork to save lives and relieve suffering. Over time I have run like the brothers Kelly
when something was needed quickly. When they need something fast I often challenged to get it as fast as...
Brady Hightchew has "saved" more lives then anyone but there have been too many to mention. Jerry Arlinghaus was the first non NCC
player...when I needed to dose and prepare meds for a severe myocardial infarction. Kyle Fuller has also "scored".
Tyler Durham from CCHS, Travis elliot from Ryle, even Anthony Stewart from as far away as Gallatin County have been
"used" to improve care. My tech was called to update me that Campbell county beat Ryle...it helped add a little spring in my step knowing that they pulled off the upset.
It is funny that Highlands is the closest geographically but have NEVER been called on in
this crazy situation. But Bihr has so I'm pulling for the Colonels.

I guess the point is that teamwork and character matter. In real life the winners are not always just the ones
with the most points. I disdain arrogance but earned pride is OK. I will enjoy tonights game and dedicate
my next "scamble" to the star of this game regardless of whether its HCC or NCC.
Class 2A, Region 3 Championship: Holy Cross (9-3) vs. Newport Central Catholic (11-1)
WHEN/WHERE: 7 p.m. today at Newport Stadium

WHAT TO EXPECT: Newport Central Catholic has won 16 of the 17 meetings between the two teams, including a 31-14 decision on Oct. 22 and a 56-21 win this same round last season. Holy Cross has won three straight games since the Oct. 22 loss and all three have been by shutouts, including 45-0 last week over previously undefeated Owen County. All three of the Indians losses this season came against teams that are still alive in the playoffs (Conner, Beechwood and NewCath). Fuller was forced to scramble too often in the Oct. 22 meeting despite the fact NewCath rarely blitzed. NewCath has good balance in its offense, not just in running and passing, but also in its running game with two 1,000-yard rushers in Dylan Hayes and Brady Hightchew. In the first meeting this season Hightchew rushed for 175 yards and Hayes had 100.

BOTTOM LINE: Holy Cross held first-half leads of 7-0 and 14-7 in the regular-season matchup between the teams and should make this a competitive game as well, but NewCath's lines dominated both sides of the ball in the second half and they should control the game again enough for the Thoroughbreds to win.
I will be rooting for NCC as I have some friends from their. I am also hoping to travel up their next weekend with the Brirar Jumper Nation!! Good luck to the Thoroughbreds!!!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
LOSERS QUIT WHEN THEY'RE TIRED, WINNERS QUIT WHEN THEY HAVE WON
Stardust Wrote:Class 2A, Region 3 Championship: Holy Cross (9-3) vs. Newport Central Catholic (11-1)
WHEN/WHERE: 7 p.m. today at Newport Stadium

WHAT TO EXPECT: Newport Central Catholic has won 16 of the 17 meetings between the two teams, including a 31-14 decision on Oct. 22 and a 56-21 win this same round last season. Holy Cross has won three straight games since the Oct. 22 loss and all three have been by shutouts, including 45-0 last week over previously undefeated Owen County. All three of the Indians losses this season came against teams that are still alive in the playoffs (Conner, Beechwood and NewCath). Fuller was forced to scramble too often in the Oct. 22 meeting despite the fact NewCath rarely blitzed. NewCath has good balance in its offense, not just in running and passing, but also in its running game with two 1,000-yard rushers in Dylan Hayes and Brady Hightchew. In the first meeting this season Hightchew rushed for 175 yards and Hayes had 100.

BOTTOM LINE: Holy Cross held first-half leads of 7-0 and 14-7 in the regular-season matchup between the teams and should make this a competitive game as well, but NewCath's lines dominated both sides of the ball in the second half and they should control the game again enough for the Thoroughbreds to win.

Well, I guess I don't have to go to the game now!:eyeroll:

Here's hoping for a great game and that everybody stays healthy.
WeBelieve Wrote:I will be at this showdown between 2 fine football programs.
I suspect that this game could go either way and a spread of 21 or more points is likely
as 2 explosive teams meet.

I am a new transplant to NKY so I don't have longstanding biases that many have. I like friendly smack talk but at some point Leftist comments get a little old. I did not realize just how arrogant and conceited Highlands fans were until my coworkers at the hospital clued me in a few years back.
I would like to express my opinion and explain a little about why I like to follow football.
I was asked to attend a game between NCC and Campbell County about 4 years ago before working the night shift.
I was a close back and forth game that I had to leave before it was over but I was hooked. The enthusiasm and teamwork of the young men impressed me and I have been a fan since. It was hard to imagine that a school the size of NCC with 211 male students NCC could compete with a school 4 times larger. I have coworkers in an often very stressful situation who have sons that play on various teams. A common value that we share is to see these young men develope into strong responsible adults.
Teamwork and dedication to excellence means something to us.
Working long 10-12 hour shifts under stress often leaves us physically and mentally exhausted.
To get by we often like to talk football on the way out in the parking lot...it helps us continue to push harder.
It may be crazy but a couple years ago when an auto accident left me without any help in my department. None the less
it was busy and I had to push even harder to deliver quality health care. The phrase "Kues on the keeper" was thrown around as
I scrambled to save pulmonary embolism victim. I both kinetically dosed and prepared blood thinners etc but had
to literally run like crazy to get it done. Since then my nurses and I have had several occasions where we have
had to give it the extra effort and teamwork to save lives and relieve suffering. Over time I have run like the brothers Kelly
when something was needed quickly. When they need something fast I often challenged to get it as fast as...
Brady Hightchew has "saved" more lives then anyone but there have been too many to mention. Jerry Arlinghaus was the first non NCC
player...when I needed to dose and prepare meds for a severe myocardial infarction. Kyle Fuller has also "scored".
Tyler Durham from CCHS, Travis elliot from Ryle, even Anthony Stewart from as far away as Gallatin County have been
"used" to improve care. My tech was called to update me that Campbell county beat Ryle...it helped add a little spring in my step knowing that they pulled off the upset.
It is funny that Highlands is the closest geographically but have NEVER been called on in
this crazy situation. But Bihr has so I'm pulling for the Colonels.

I guess the point is that teamwork and character matter. In real life the winners are not always just the ones
with the most points. I disdain arrogance but earned pride is OK. I will enjoy tonights game and dedicate
my next "scamble" to the star of this game regardless of whether its HCC or NCC.

Strangest post ever. Maybe they're letting the guys in the ward post this week?
Wideleft01 Wrote:Strangest post ever. Maybe they're letting the guys in the ward post this week?

haha, I read it 3 times and am still not sure what half of it is talking about
WeBelieve Wrote:I did not realize just how arrogant and conceited Highlands fans were.

That's what happends when you think your program is a member of the GCL. At least they recruit like those schools do