Thread Closed
Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Kentucky @ Georgia 11/19
this is gonna be worse than the Vandy game
I agree^
Jokers team will get absolutely demolished.
Georgia-61
Kentucky-0

I LOST AN AVATAR BET
We match up with georgia alot better than vandy. We suck against teams that run the spread, and generally do good against teams like georgia. This will be like a less talented LSU. I'll call it

UK-14
UGA-28
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We match up with georgia alot better than vandy. We suck against teams that run the spread, and generally do good against teams like georgia. This will be like a less talented LSU. I'll call it

UK-14
UGA-28

lol
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:We match up with georgia alot better than vandy. We suck against teams that run the spread, and generally do good against teams like georgia. This will be like a less talented LSU. I'll call it

UK-14
UGA-28

I love your optimism. No joke.

However, UK loses by 40+
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Look at how we did against LSU compared to florida, and you'll get what I mean. Football isn't just about straight up talent it is about the match-ups. We match up alot better with teams that like to run out of the Pro Style. And we suck against the spread. This has been true since the Guy Morriss days. That is why we got blown out by a team that is close to the same talent level as us. Honestly Vandy beat us worse than LSU because we are terrible at matching up with the spread, especially the spread option with a mobile quarterback. This has been true for a pretty good while at UK. Its the main reason we could beat LSU, in 07 but not florida. And the main reason our biggest SEC victories of late have been over teams that run the pro style. Namely Georgia, and LSU, also add in arkansas when they had those two great backs. They all were downhill running teams that ran out of The pro-I and similar formations. We suck at stopping the shotgun with a east west run game. Im not calling for a victory over georgia Im just saying we match up well with them.
Georgia-42
UK-14
Honest Prediction.....

UGA 48
UK 3 (only if UGA fumbles within our FG range)
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Look at how we did against LSU compared to florida, and you'll get what I mean. Football isn't just about straight up talent it is about the match-ups. We match up alot better with teams that like to run out of the Pro Style. And we suck against the spread. This has been true since the Guy Morriss days. That is why we got blown out by a team that is close to the same talent level as us. Honestly Vandy beat us worse than LSU because we are terrible at matching up with the spread, especially the spread option with a mobile quarterback. This has been true for a pretty good while at UK. Its the main reason we could beat LSU, in 07 but not florida. And the main reason our biggest SEC victories of late have been over teams that run the pro style. Namely Georgia, and LSU, also add in arkansas when they had those two great backs. They all were downhill running teams that ran out of The pro-I and similar formations. We suck at stopping the shotgun with a east west run game. Im not calling for a victory over georgia Im just saying we match up well with them.

You say we match up well with every team we play...
This is going to be worse than South Carolina..

Dawgs 61
Cats 10
Maybe, just maybe, Georgia overlooks the Cats. Georgia had a big win today over Auburn for their 8th win in a row. Todays win was crucial for them to win the East. They could be looking forward to a Georgia Tech Rivalry game and not put the same effort as today in against the Cats
zaga_fan Wrote:You say we match up well with every team we play...

SO according to you every team runs a pro-style? Or did you just read the first line of what I said? Think back to every big win we have had since brooks first came, and that is the common theme. We can't beat the spread, but we can hang with the pro-style. Its why LSU didn't beat us 100-0. We could compete with LSU because of the fact that they do what we do on offense, albeit with more talent.
zaga_fan Wrote:You say we match up well with every team we play...

Seems like it.
Joker might as well go ahead and start planning for Tennessee, cause we don't have a chance in this one.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:SO according to you every team runs a pro-style? Or did you just read the first line of what I said? Think back to every big win we have had since brooks first came, and that is the common theme. We can't beat the spread, but we can hang with the pro-style. Its why LSU didn't beat us 100-0. We could compete with LSU because of the fact that they do what we do on offense, albeit with more talent.

No...
week in and week out we play teams that are undoubtedly better than us and you say the match up isn't that bad.

LSU didn't beat us 100-0....
but they did beat us 35-7.
I take it "competing" with LSU is staying within 4 Touchdowns by your definition.
Aslan Wrote:Seems like it.
Joker might as well go ahead and start planning for Tennessee, cause we don't have a chance in this one.

Actually read what I posted. Unless nobody we have played runs a spread than I have not said we match up good with every team we play.
PaintsvilleTigerfan:
Let's do this the right way.
Georgia by 20.
If they win by 19 or less or UK pulls the upset you pick my avatar for a week.
If Georgia wins by 20 or more I pick yours.

Deal?
zaga_fan Wrote:No...
week in and week out we play teams that are undoubtedly better than us and you say the match up isn't that bad.

LSU didn't beat us 100-0....
but they did beat us 35-7.
I take it "competing" with LSU is staying within 4 Touchdowns by your definition.

And two of those touchdowns came on bad calls. In all honesty, With just straight up football in question LSU beat us 21-7. We hung with them alot better than we did with florida, and hell vandy for that matter. Vandy beat us worse than LSU did in every phase of the game. So by your Logic vandy is 3 points better than LSU? Either you agree to that or you give what I say some merit. I promise you in no way shape or form am I saying UK will win this game, all I am saying is that we do much better against teams like georgia.

And sure Ill take an avatar bet with you. Even though If I do win I don't really have the creativity to do anything funny lol.

BTW on a complete side note is anyone noticing how incredibly poor our special teams have been this year, Other than Tydlacka.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:And two of those touchdowns came on bad calls. In all honesty, With just straight up football in question LSU beat us 21-7. We hung with them alot better than we did with florida, and hell vandy for that matter. Vandy beat us worse than LSU did in every phase of the game. So by your Logic vandy is 3 points better than LSU? Either you agree to that or you give what I say some merit. I promise you in no way shape or form am I saying UK will win this game, all I am saying is that we do much better against teams like georgia.

And sure Ill take an avatar bet with you. Even though If I do win I don't really have the creativity to do anything funny lol.

BTW on a complete side note is anyone noticing how incredibly poor our special teams have been this year, Other than Tydlacka.

You can get someone else to make it if you'd like Wink
There's plenty of people on here that would like to get me lol
Over the years UK has played Georgia tougher than Florida and Tennessee. I have been following UK football for a very long time and this years team has talent. The problem with this team has been poor coaching and even poorer game plans. The #1 thing that Joker has not done that Rich Brooks was a master at was game plan. The game plan vs Vandy was the just awful on both sides of the ball. Georgia has a balanced attack, they can run and throw the ball and its going to be hard for UK to stop them. The 2 teams that beat Georgia this year both ran the ball well against them. If I was Joker I would junk the Pro-style offense and come out in a Wildcat hoping to throw something at them they haven't seen this year. But it would be a waste of time if he used Newton as the running QB! Running the Wildcat with a speedy WR is something Joker has got away from. I hope Joker don't get the Smith kid hurt, Georgia's D can really punish a QB. If UK is put in 3rd and long, look for them to have negitive rushing yards because of all the sacks, check the stats from Georgia vs Florida and Tennesse. I'd like to see Joker us a "Joe Gibs" type approach some with max protection lots of motion and single back running plays.
This should finally eliminate Kentucky fans from participating in another toilet bowl.
Either way, UK is getting pounded this weekend.

Here is how it is going to go...

UK kicks off, Georgia returns it for a TD. UK receives, throws and interception, Georgia runs it back and scores, UK receives, gets stopped on all 3 downs, punts. Georgia runs UK over to score. By halftime the score is 35-0. Second half, Georgia puts in its 2/3 string, UK still has its starters in, scores a couple of touchdowns.

Final score being 35-14, people next week will say that we played Georgia tough when in fact, we played their scrub team tough...

I am ready for this season to be over, not that I have high hopes for next year. I noticed watching the UK/Vandy game that UK doesn't hit as hard as teams of the past. I recall under Rich Brooks during a UK/Florida game, UK was knocking the snot out of them and was holding their own. Same with LSU that year. However, now, I barely see any hard hits when UK plays....IMO

I hope UK proves me wrong...
Stardust Wrote:Maybe, just maybe, Georgia overlooks the Cats. Georgia had a big win today over Auburn for their 8th win in a row. Todays win was crucial for them to win the East. They could be looking forward to a Georgia Tech Rivalry game and not put the same effort as today in against the Cats

I don't see us staying close to Georgia even if they did overlook us. Joker is losing his fan base and rightfully so. I hate watching them anymore and get mad everytime I watch them. Do we ever throw it down field? UK is easy to prepare for, its either run or a swing pass 99.9% of the time. We need a change at head coach and go out and get a top notch recruiter like we did with Coach Cal for basketball because we just dont have the players to compete..
Why would UGA over look UK, this is their last SEC game and if they win they win the SEC East. How could you overlook a game that would mean you playing for a SEC Chamionship? Hate to say it, Cats dont stand a chance in this one.Bowl hopes are offically done, some thought they have been over seen the WKU game.Sad
Georgia 34-7.
honestjchsfan Wrote:Over the years UK has played Georgia tougher than Florida and Tennessee. I have been following UK football for a very long time and this years team has talent. The problem with this team has been poor coaching and even poorer game plans. The #1 thing that Joker has not done that Rich Brooks was a master at was game plan. The game plan vs Vandy was the just awful on both sides of the ball. Georgia has a balanced attack, they can run and throw the ball and its going to be hard for UK to stop them. The 2 teams that beat Georgia this year both ran the ball well against them. If I was Joker I would junk the Pro-style offense and come out in a Wildcat hoping to throw something at them they haven't seen this year. But it would be a waste of time if he used Newton as the running QB! Running the Wildcat with a speedy WR is something Joker has got away from. I hope Joker don't get the Smith kid hurt, Georgia's D can really punish a QB. If UK is put in 3rd and long, look for them to have negitive rushing yards because of all the sacks, check the stats from Georgia vs Florida and Tennesse. I'd like to see Joker us a "Joe Gibs" type approach some with max protection lots of motion and single back running plays.

Idk man when we actually decide to quit trying to throw the ball we can run pretty good. If we want to have a chance we have to run on first down and get 5-6 yards. Then on second bring in the shenanigans. But yes I agree at this point we have nothing to lose and we should throw the house at georgia. Blitz like hell on D, and run the Sidesaddle wing-T or something else crazy like that on O.
PaintsvilleTigerfan Wrote:Idk man when we actually decide to quit trying to throw the ball we can run pretty good. If we want to have a chance we have to run on first down and get 5-6 yards. Then on second bring in the shenanigans. But yes I agree at this point we have nothing to lose and we should throw the house at georgia. Blitz like hell on D, and run the Sidesaddle wing-T or something else crazy like that on O.
Looks like UK is a 31 point underdog. Being a coach is tough. I wouldn't want to be in Joker's shoes. I guess you try to get you team to go out and play mistake free football. I think we will see what kind of coach Joker really is. If his teams lays down and gets beat 65 to 0 you can expect next year to be Joker's last at UK and it will be another long year. If some how Joker pulls his troops together and they fight to the last man and give the Bulldogs a good game we can feel a little better about the future. I do know this if they are going to throw the ball they need to throw it beyond the 1st down maker. I am so sick of the 1 yard pass on 3rd and 7. We saw it last week in the first half. I am also sick of the dude they have returning kicks who fumbled last week. Its time to try someone else!!
PaintsvilleTigerfan - If somehow UK does lose by less than 20 I will help with the avatar Wink

BUT! UK gets a dogstomping.
Georgia is real.

Georgia - 45
UK - 7
Uk loses big!! I bet they don't even score.

UK-14
UGA-28

LOL! Did you fall and hit your head!:please: