Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shelby Valley 59 - Lawrence County 56
Shelby Valley keeps the win streak going...Thompson have a career game tonight as predicted?
Congrats to the Valley thanks for the info Alfus.
Congrats valley....
Shelby Valley had a 15 point lead in the fourth quarter and let it get down to one. Jeremy Jackson hit some clutch free throws at the end to force Lawrence to put up a 3 but they didn't get a clean look. I don't know his name but #11 for Lawrence seemed to be all over the floor. I'm not sure about his totals but they had to be pretty impressive.
#11 is Shawn Thompson ...first game i had to miss too dang it!!!!
Good win Valley..I was definately on the edge of my seat during the end of the game. Elijah Justice had a good game along with Mitch Riddle, wished i had some stats.
WE GOT SCREWED!!!!!

Was a great game. Starting the forth qtr. Lawrence Co. was down 15. But made a huge comeback to cut the lead to 1 with just over a min to go and had the ball. And here is were we got the shaft.

Lawrence player shot the ball and #42 (Riddle) got the rebound around the free throw line, but when he went to take off tripped over his on feet and fell and slid across the floor about 3 feet (should have been a traveling call,.) then while he was slidding on the floor he lost the ball in which a Lawrence Co. player went to get the ball and they called a faoul on LC,. then about 20 sec later they still had the ball when there guard went to make a move and fell to the ground again., (another traveling call not called) so what do they do call a foul on us to put them to the line with a 1 point lead so he hits both free throws and we take the ball down and miss the shot and have to foul, well this time he misses the free one and Shawn Thompson got the rebound and raced down the floor where they called a time out with 3.8 secs left and Kyle Bradley got a shot to tie the game as time expired and Shelby Valley got out with the Win.

But it all started with 40 sec left in the first half when they called a foul on Shawn Thompson on a mysterious foul, we had just got the rebound off a missed shot and only down four. well they got the ball and hit a three and then we turn it over on the inbound pass and they missed the shot but went out of bounds on us. Well then on there inbound play Chandler Thompson gets hit with a moving screen and again they called it on us and set up another three for Shelby Valley to put us down 10 at the half.

All and all it was a great game it is sorry that the officals took this one away from LC in the end.

Shawn Thompson had 32 points 18 rebounds 5 steals and 4 assist.
I am not sure the totals on Kyle Bradley but he did hit 4 three's.
congrats
I said in a post earlier that it is hard to go into Shelby Valley an come out with the win.
congrats
Congrats Valley
I'm not wanting to argue or anything, but why in the world would the 15th Region Refs be out to help Shelby Valley win @ Shelby Valley every game?? This is two games in a row, and what would the refs have against South Floyd and Lawrence County? I mean I wasn't there, but blaming the refs is getting out of hand when it comes to playing @ Shelby Valley...I know they are 9-0 @ home this year, but why would refs be scared to call a fair game there, and not everywhere else? Just wondering what people think about this because this is two games in a row now that people have complained, but it's expected of South Floyd fans so that didn't surprise me, but to hear BP say it makes me wonder...
"alfus21" Wrote:I'm not wanting to argue or anything, but why in the world would the 15th Region Refs be out to help Shelby Valley win @ Shelby Valley every game?? This is two games in a row, and what would the refs have against South Floyd and Lawrence County? I mean I wasn't there, but blaming the refs is getting out of hand when it comes to playing @ Shelby Valley...I know they are 9-0 @ home this year, but why would refs be scared to call a fair game there, and not everywhere else? Just wondering what people think about this because this is two games in a row now that people have complained, but it's expected of South Floyd fans so that didn't surprise me, but to hear BP say it makes me wonder...

That's all that needs to be said. People on here can't just say their players got beat by the other teams players, everyone always feels like the world is out to get them. There always has to be a scapegoat...
"alfus21" Wrote:I'm not wanting to argue or anything, but why in the world would the 15th Region Refs be out to help Shelby Valley win @ Shelby Valley every game?? This is two games in a row, and what would the refs have against South Floyd and Lawrence County? I mean I wasn't there, but blaming the refs is getting out of hand when it comes to playing @ Shelby Valley...I know they are 9-0 @ home this year, but why would refs be scared to call a fair game there, and not everywhere else? Just wondering what people think about this because this is two games in a row now that people have complained, but it's expected of South Floyd fans so that didn't surprise me, but to hear BP say it makes me wonder...

I have really disliked the officals and the way they have called games in the 15th this year and we did get the shaft at Shelby Valley and even after the game a fan from Shelby Valley said these two same officals took one away from South Floyd.

and if you were there you would have seen the traveling call at the end of the game that wasnt called and instead a foul was called that really hurt our chances.
I have to agree with Batpuff this time. The officials DID make a very bad and crucial call on LC when the Shelby Valley player fell and travelled and LC got hit with a foul. It could have been a totally different outcome. No one was near enough to touch the SB player and he should have been called for travelling. That possession could have made a big difference. Besides, that wasn't the only bad call that was made but it was the most obvious bad call all night. True, Justice for SB was a dang excellent shot but LC fought hard to come back and should have been given a FAIR chance to win. LC deserved the win and Shawn Thompson played strong and hard all night. The other LC players played hard but it seemed that we could not buy a basket at times. Anyway, it is what it is. Both teams did an excellent job.:Cheerlead :HitWall: :wtf1:
Same old story..good win valley. LC has a big game coming up thursday night,
congrats shelby valley
"Batpuff" Wrote:WE GOT SCREWED!!!!!
Was a great game. Starting the forth qtr. Lawrence Co. was down 15. But made a huge comeback to cut the lead to 1 with just over a min to go and had the ball. And here is were we got the shaft.
Lawrence player shot the ball and #42 (Riddle) got the rebound around the free throw line, but when he went to take off tripped over his on feet and fell and slid across the floor about 3 feet (should have been a traveling call,.) then while he was slidding on the floor he lost the ball in which a Lawrence Co. player went to get the ball and they called a faoul on LC,. then about 20 sec later they still had the ball when there guard went to make a move and fell to the ground again., (another traveling call not called) so what do they do call a foul on us to put them to the line with a 1 point lead so he hits both free throws and we take the ball down and miss the shot and have to foul, well this time he misses the free one and Shawn Thompson got the rebound and raced down the floor where they called a time out with 3.8 secs left and Kyle Bradley got a shot to tie the game as time expired and Shelby Valley got out with the Win.
But it all started with 40 sec left in the first half when they called a foul on Shawn Thompson on a mysterious foul, we had just got the rebound off a missed shot and only down four. well they got the ball and hit a three and then we turn it over on the inbound pass and they missed the shot but went out of bounds on us. Well then on there inbound play Chandler Thompson gets hit with a moving screen and again they called it on us and set up another three for Shelby Valley to put us down 10 at the half.
All and all it was a great game it is sorry that the officals took this one away from LC in the end.
I support sv 100%! I have to say the foul called when the kid went down was the worst call I have ever seen. Mike Hall made a bad call, and it may have been a game changing call. SV deserved this one though. The out played LC all night. SV was clicking tonight. They are playing some good ball right now. Congrats to Booher and the team. This team loosing a lead like they did is a sign of a young team with little experience. They need someone to be a leader on the floor to keep that from happening in tourny time. In the words of the great TOM SERCY, "DONT GET THE TIGHT ###"!
Tough one LC....but don't give up.
Sounds like Thompson had a great game....
"Batpuff" Wrote:WE GOT SCREWED!!!!!

this is really interesting because u keep repeating "we got the shaft" im pretty sure i heard u "a lawerence county player" saying this as I was walking out of the gym- now come on- you cant always blame losing of the refs. and i know that we probably have done the same- but stop being such a sore loser- you lost- fair and square- i know it wasnt that bad- ive seen officiating ten times worse in my day- so good job wildcats- good luck in the tourney!
Good job valley but they was pretty bad calls against LC.
"top-of-the-key" Wrote:this is really interesting because u keep repeating "we got the shaft" im pretty sure i heard u "a lawerence county player" saying this as I was walking out of the gym- now come on- you cant always blame losing of the refs. and i know that we probably have done the same- but stop being such a sore loser- you lost- fair and square- i know it wasnt that bad- ive seen officiating ten times worse in my day- so good job wildcats- good luck in the tourney!

You have no clue what you are even talking about, you have no clue who I am and you might want to read the rules and dont even try to mention who I am!!

Why dont you go and watch the film and you will see the bogus calls before the end of the 1st half and at the end of the game. I have no problem with losing if its a game when we just flat get out played. But this is not the case here, we jumped out on top and then Valley came back. Then they jumped out to a lead and we came back to cut to 1 and the the bull crap started flying.
"Batpuff" Wrote:You have no clue what you are even talking about, you have no clue who I am and you might want to read the rules and dont even try to mention who I am!!

Why dont you go and watch the film and you will see the bogus calls before the end of the 1st half and at the end of the game. I have no problem with losing if its a game when we just flat get out played. But this is not the case here, we jumped out on top and then Valley came back. Then they jumped out to a lead and we came back to cut to 1 and the the bull crap started flying.

:Sad04: Need a tissue?
Nice win cats.
Refs make bad calls all the time, it isn't just as at SV. Anyone can blame a loss on a ref but in the end you have to find a way to win. Rarely do you see a fairly called game, but you still have to find a way to win.
Preach it Brother James
Shelby Valleys record at home is 9-0. Their record on the road, not counting tourneys is 8-1, with their only road win over David. Doesnt that sound a little funny to you alfus? I just know that SV gets ALOT of breaks at home. Why, who knows....
Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it that same officials that call road games for SV as the ones that call home games. Or does SV bring in a special set of officials for home games only. Rolleyes
I know they dont take their refs on the road with them. I seen them play on the road three times this year and neither time was the usual refs they have at home call the games.
Good win valley.. I thought that LC would pull it out. As far as the refs go i believe that the home team should get the breaks and when your on the road you shouldnt expect them..imo