Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Boone County 14, Ryle 7
toussaints Wrote:Isn't smoking anything against team rules? It should be, this isn't prison ball

It is against KHSAA rules first and foremost for athletics. That trumps team rules.
I am saying that even with Elliot, this team was never a threat to beat you through the air. Had Elliot stayed healthy they probably would have beat Boone but got beat in the next round. The further you advance in the playoffs the more balanced you need to be on offense. Good teams will beat a one dimensional team. Ryle's QB is a good runner but will not hurt you with his arm so maybe he should look at a position change, where he can consistently help his team and not hurt them. I find it hard to believe that a school the size of Ryle can not find a kid with better decision making ability then our current QB. I say again, our current QB is a good running QB, but eventually you need to pass with a little more consistency.
Stardust Wrote:After seeing them, I just could not see how it was possible that they lost to Dixie!

they were still answering offensive and defensive questions from the beginning of the year when they faced Dixie and Ryle.
Stardust Wrote:It is against KHSAA rules first and foremost for athletics. That trumps team rules.

therefore Elliott broke the rules and was kicked off the team, like Pike was at Dixie. Besides, why would skill position players be smoking?
It was 4 players no names to mention.. But was not drugs a simple cigar and one of the kids had u2 (which is legal over age 18) not specified if it was at halftime or after the game. A coach once again not mentioning a name said a specific player had red eyes. Asked kid a couple of times if had been getting high. Kid said no.. (coach didn't seem to think about maybe his eyes are red because he had teared up due to this being last game of year) coach told Warner. Instead of stoppin the kids that nite to see and if they were doing drugs making sure they didn't drive. He let them go home and didn't ask there sides of the story simply called them and there parents to his office next day and kicked the 4 INJURED players off...
TNT-MB1 Wrote:It was 4 players no names to mention.. But was not drugs a simple cigar and one of the kids had u2 (which is legal over age 18) not specified if it was at halftime or after the game. A coach once again not mentioning a name said a specific player had red eyes. Asked kid a couple of times if had been getting high. Kid said no.. (coach didn't seem to think about maybe his eyes are red because he had teared up due to this being last game of year) coach told Warner. Instead of stoppin the kids that nite to see and if they were doing drugs making sure they didn't drive. He let them go home and didn't ask there sides of the story simply called them and there parents to his office next day and kicked the 4 INJURED players off...

it doesn't matter if it was legal or not, smoking is against KHSAA and from my understanding team rules. they were smoking, they were caught and therefore kicked off the team.
You may be correct about a position change for him. He will not play QB in college and it would benefit him. But you play where the coach needs you to play. The QB had decent numbers and comparable to Hempel last year. He threw for right at 1000 yards and rushed for almost 1300, I think that is correct. Ryle had a good year considering the injuries and such. I think if you have Elliott you can throw the ball more and more effiecent, which I think gets them to the semi's again, but Scott County has a very good defense, and would have been a tough win. When all the attention is on you it is tough. Give Boone credit for focussing on the QB this time around, they learned from their mistakes the first time. Also lets remember that Ryle is not a team that is built off the pass but more off the run and always has been. I agree you need to be a little more balanced in order to get to the top of 6A football.
Congrats Rebels.