Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Most Over-rated and Under-rated Players Right Now
100 NFL players voted on the most over-rated players in the NFL. I don't know who voted but it seem like a lot of defensive players voted because there were a lot of QB's on the list. Tony Romo was #1 and Tebow was #2.

So I did my own list:

This is a list for RIGHT NOW: (as of 11/11/11)

Overrated

1) QB - Philip Rivers (SD) - In every top 5 QB list I've seen for the last two years Rivers has been in the top 5 So I grade him on a higher scale. And I say "NO WAY!" Rivers is very cocky and doesn't win big games.

2) CB - Nnamdi Asomugha (PHI) - All off-season Nnamdi was put into a class with Revis. So just like Rivers, Nnamdi gets put on a higher scale. But as for Nnamdi being the 2nd best CB in the NFL, I think more like the 5th or 6th best. Every week he looks more and more average.

3) QB - Tony Romo (DAL) - Romo is a player that you can find on anyones top 10 QB list... But If I was starting a team this is a list of QB's I would take ahead of Romo. (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, E. Manning, Big Ben, Stafford, Ryan, Newton, Vick, Schaub, Cutler)

4) RB - Chris Johnson (TEN) - Again another players thats been put up on a VERY high scale. I know he had the hold-out this off-season but if you want to act like your the best back in the league you better play like it. So do I think Johnson is in AP's league- "HELL NO!" (Gore, Foster, Forte, Rice, Jones-Drew, Benson, McFadden, Jackson) IMO: All better backs then Johnson.

5) LB - Clay Matthews (GB) - Yes I did it I put a Packer on my list. Because last season after the Packers won the super bowl all I heard was people jumping on the Clay Matthews bandwagon. Clay Matthews is a GREAT pass rusher but as for all around linebacker, he's not even the best linebacker on his own team, Hawk is.... Clay Matthews has 23 tackles in 2011. Matthews wouldn't be in top 15 LB's.

6) QB - Mark Sanchez (NYJ) - I'd say Sanchez could only start for 4 teams in the NFL right now... (Jets, Colts, Dolphins, Jags) Sanchez is lucky to be a starter in the league.

7) WR - DeSean Jackson (PHI) - Fans rated Jackson 21st best player in the NFL in the off-season and the players voted 29th best player ahead of Welker, Wayne, Colston, and even players like Jones-Drew and Wilfork. DeSean Jackson isn't a top 10 WR. Sure it's great when he gets in the open field but that hasn't happen much in 2011.

8) WR - Josh Cribbs (CLE) - Another player vote into the top 100 players by both fans and players. But WHY??? Now that kick-off returns have been taken out of the game what good is Cribbs.. His best season he only had 292 receiving yards..

9) LB - Jared Mayo (NE) - A lot of people might read this and say WHO? and your right WHO? Mayo is another player that got put into the top 100 list and is just not that good at all.

10) QB - Michael Vick (PHI) - People might call me crazy but Vick has been put in a class this Brady, Rodgers, and Brees and he just ain't living up to it. If Vick is that good he'll find ways to win games. I still think Vick is a top 10 QB but not as high as many think.

Underrated

1) QB - Eli Manning (NYG) - It may not be pretty every week but this guy is a WINNER. And IMO: Eli is a top 5 or 6 QB.

2) RB - Matt Forte (CHI) - Blocks, Runs, Catches... Pay the man. Top 5 back easy.

3) RB - Frank Gore (SF) - I don't know why more people don't talk about him. He has the 49ers at 7-1 with no QB. Gore is the hardest runner in the league.

4) QB - Matt Schaub (HOU) - Schuab is a 4,000 yard passer this low INT numbers every year and yet everyone still puts Romo, Ryan, and Rivers ahead of him. Not in my book.

5) QB - Jay Cutler (CHI) - Cutler is an elite QB. People may look at the INT number and think other-wise but Cutler has maybe the worst O-Line in NFL history and still wins games.

6) LB - Patrick Willis (SF) - With Manning not playing this season Willis might be my fav player in the league. Because of Ray Lewis now on the down side of his career I would say Patrick Willis is the best LB in the NFL.

7) WR - Brandon Marshall (MIA) - When Marshall was with Cutler, Marshall was a top 10 WR in everyone eyes but everyone has seemed to forget about Marshall down in Miami. Marshall has 644 yards with Matt Moore throwing him the ball. Marshall and Luck will be a great condo next year.

8) WR - Greg Jennings (GB) - Jennings is playing in the shadow of Rodgers but Jennings is a big reason why the Packers are 8-0. 723 yards and 6 TD's. Jennings didn't get much love from the players in the off-season they put Jennings at #74 in the top 100 list. Jennings is a top 10 WR.

9) QB - Joe Flacco (BAL) - Flacco is maybe top 10 or 12 QB in the NFL but Flacco takes a lot of shit from the media and other players but his guy can play and WILL WIN a super bowl.

10) WR - Steve Smith (CAR) - Everyone was ready to write Steve Smith off but with someone who can actually throw the ball now in Carolina Steve Smith is 2nd in the league in yards and 1st in yards avg. pre catch. OH YEAH I DRAFTED STEVE SMITH IN FANTASY FOOTBALL 15th ROUND!!HAHA
I think Fred Jackson and Jimmy Graham are both very underated.
I agree with your overrated list, even though I want Vick to do well only because I like is style of play...Even though he has been hurt, I think maybe Peyton Hillis could be on that list.

I fully agree with Forte but do not agree with Cutler on that list and I am a Bears fan...haha...however, I think the rest of the list is pretty accurate.
I like your lists EKFF

Heres my top 10 underated no order

Jimmy Graham
Eli Manning
Frank Gore
Joe Thomas
Patrick Willis
LeSean McCoy
Fred Jackson
Demarcus Ware
Jared Allen
Jay Cutler
I thought Tebow was #1 and Romo was #2 on the ESPN list?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ekff Wrote:100 NFL players voted on the most over-rated players in the NFL. I don't know who voted but it seem like a lot of defensive players voted because there were a lot of QB's on the list. Tony Romo was #1 and Tebow was #2.

So I did my own list:

This is a list for RIGHT NOW: (as of 11/11/11)

Overrated

1) QB - Philip Rivers (SD) - In every top 5 QB list I've seen for the last two years Rivers has been in the top 5 So I grade him on a higher scale. And I say "NO WAY!" Rivers is very cocky and doesn't win big games.

2) CB - Nnamdi Asomugha (PHI) - All off-season Nnamdi was put into a class with Revis. So just like Rivers, Nnamdi gets put on a higher scale. But as for Nnamdi being the 2nd best CB in the NFL, I think more like the 5th or 6th best. Every week he looks more and more average.

3) QB - Tony Romo (DAL) - Romo is a player that you can find on anyones top 10 QB list... But If I was starting a team this is a list of QB's I would take ahead of Romo. (Brady, Rodgers, Brees, E. Manning, Big Ben, Stafford, Ryan, Newton, Vick, Schaub, Cutler)

4) RB - Chris Johnson (TEN) - Again another players thats been put up on a VERY high scale. I know he had the hold-out this off-season but if you want to act like your the best back in the league you better play like it. So do I think Johnson is in AP's league- "HELL NO!" (Gore, Foster, Forte, Rice, Jones-Drew, Benson, McFadden, Jackson) IMO: All better backs then Johnson.

5) LB - Clay Matthews (GB) - Yes I did it I put a Packer on my list. Because last season after the Packers won the super bowl all I heard was people jumping on the Clay Matthews bandwagon. Clay Matthews is a GREAT pass rusher but as for all around linebacker, he's not even the best linebacker on his own team, Hawk is.... Clay Matthews has 23 tackles in 2011. Matthews wouldn't be in top 15 LB's.

6) QB - Mark Sanchez (NYJ) - I'd say Sanchez could only start for 4 teams in the NFL right now... (Jets, Colts, Dolphins, Jags) Sanchez is lucky to be a starter in the league.

7) WR - DeSean Jackson (PHI) - Fans rated Jackson 21st best player in the NFL in the off-season and the players voted 29th best player ahead of Welker, Wayne, Colston, and even players like Jones-Drew and Wilfork. DeSean Jackson isn't a top 10 WR. Sure it's great when he gets in the open field but that hasn't happen much in 2011.

8) WR - Josh Cribbs (CLE) - Another player vote into the top 100 players by both fans and players. But WHY??? Now that kick-off returns have been taken out of the game what good is Cribbs.. His best season he only had 292 receiving yards..

9) LB - Jared Mayo (NE) - A lot of people might read this and say WHO? and your right WHO? Mayo is another player that got put into the top 100 list and is just not that good at all.

10) QB - Michael Vick (PHI) - People might call me crazy but Vick has been put in a class this Brady, Rodgers, and Brees and he just ain't living up to it. If Vick is that good he'll find ways to win games. I still think Vick is a top 10 QB but not as high as many think.

Underrated

1) QB - Eli Manning (NYG) - It may not be pretty every week but this guy is a WINNER. And IMO: Eli is a top 5 or 6 QB.

2) RB - Matt Forte (CHI) - Blocks, Runs, Catches... Pay the man. Top 5 back easy.

3) RB - Frank Gore (SF) - I don't know why more people don't talk about him. He has the 49ers at 7-1 with no QB. Gore is the hardest runner in the league.

4) QB - Matt Schaub (HOU) - Schuab is a 4,000 yard passer this low INT numbers every year and yet everyone still puts Romo, Ryan, and Rivers ahead of him. Not in my book.

5) QB - Jay Cutler (CHI) - Cutler is an elite QB. People may look at the INT number and think other-wise but Cutler has maybe the worst O-Line in NFL history and still wins games.

6) LB - Patrick Willis (SF) - With Manning not playing this season Willis might be my fav player in the league. Because of Ray Lewis now on the down side of his career I would say Patrick Willis is the best LB in the NFL.

7) WR - Brandon Marshall (MIA) - When Marshall was with Cutler, Marshall was a top 10 WR in everyone eyes but everyone has seemed to forget about Marshall down in Miami. Marshall has 644 yards with Matt Moore throwing him the ball. Marshall and Luck will be a great condo next year.

8) WR - Greg Jennings (GB) - Jennings is playing in the shadow of Rodgers but Jennings is a big reason why the Packers are 8-0. 723 yards and 6 TD's. Jennings didn't get much love from the players in the off-season they put Jennings at #74 in the top 100 list. Jennings is a top 10 WR.

9) QB - Joe Flacco (BAL) - Flacco is maybe top 10 or 12 QB in the NFL but Flacco takes a lot of shit from the media and other players but his guy can play and WILL WIN a super bowl.

10) WR - Steve Smith (CAR) - Everyone was ready to write Steve Smith off but with someone who can actually throw the ball now in Carolina Steve Smith is 2nd in the league in yards and 1st in yards avg. pre catch. OH YEAH I DRAFTED STEVE SMITH IN FANTASY FOOTBALL 15th ROUND!!HAHA

The bolded I SUPER agree with. I have been trying to find it on here but I think at one time there was a thread like this and I said that Frank Gore and Patrick Willis might be the two most underrated players in the league. I would like to add Michael Bush to the underrated list as well. He would start for almost any other team.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Steven Jackson - when he's healthy he's one of the best backs in the league and he's on a bad team.
LeSean McCoy - Only back in the league to score a TD in every game this year. He makes the Eagles offense go, not Vick.
Hasselback - he always puts up good numbers but never gets recognition for it
Santonio Holmes - puts up good numbers with Sanchez at QB.
I'll tell you who is underrated..

The 49er's! Who would have thought they would be 8-1 at this point in the season!?

Really?