Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Christian Academy of Louisville - D-2 State Champions
I just want to take time to congratulate you all on winning D-2. Nice team you all have. You all seemed to have flown under the radar most of the year. I also want to give your coaching staff a big pat on the back. Apparently they can win a state championship with NOT ONE player on the D-2 All-State team. To me, that was the biggest shock of the entire All-State selection process. I don't see how teams that get eliminated in round 1 can have 3 on it, while the TWO teams that played the championship game didn't get a single player on it between either one of them. That's impressive. Good luck to you all next season.
Wildcat18 Wrote:I just want to take time to congratulate you all on winning D-2. Nice team you all have. You all seemed to have flown under the radar most of the year. I also want to give your coaching staff a big pat on the back. Apparently they can win a state championship with NOT ONE player on the D-2 All-State team. To me, that was the biggest shock of the entire All-State selection process. I don't see how teams that get eliminated in round 1 can have 3 on it, while the TWO teams that played the championship game didn't get a single player on it between either one of them. That's impressive. Good luck to you all next season.

#12, #10 and I believe #60 are very good. #12 is the best QB we have faced in my 8 years of coaching.
Sometimes the All-state has to be extra paperwork filled out by the coaches or someone.
Believe me the 3 players that I mentioned are as good or better than anyone
CAL QB was selected as D2 All State QB. I think this was their only All State Selection.
I just didn't want their efforts to go unnoticed. I'd heard a lot of positive on their QB most of the season, even in the passing tournaments. I hadn't had a chance to see them play with pads on since the championship game.

You're right plantman, it must have been a typo on the list I received. It said the D-2 QB selection was from Union.
Thanks for the kind comments about our squad from everyone. We are very proud of the boys and frankly very surprised that only one player was named All-State, Cody Morton- QB. He is arguably the best QB in the state and from what i heard from several folks who would know, he is one of the best at FBU Top Gun this past year.

Receiver Cal lewellyn, while not making All-state, was invited to play for the East team in the East vs West game. Not sure how it is possible that Clay Davis, LB was left off, after winning defensive MVP in two of the tournament games....Also, running back Tanner Lopez, who scored 24 TDs this season and run for over 1,000 yards was left off.

Biggest surprise - Cody Morton was not named starting QB on the KY FBU team. Not a very sound decision by someone. That said, he is also a starter on the BBall team and I heard his AAU team won the state title this year also!

Again, thank you for the nice comments about CAL and I will pass the comments along to the staff.

All the best
Let's at least be a little bit real here. CAL did not complete a single pass against us in the finals. We lost because we could not stop the run, and to many penalties.
if we are being totally real, you need to also state that two completed passes were called back, 2 wrong routes and two that were designed to loosen up the defense to enable run that obviously worked. Morton was 8-9 for 159 yards and 2 Tds in quarter final game. Top performance of any Qb in the state tournament by far
Please don't get me wrong, but your son is a nice player. It's obvious however that every post you write pertains to him, and you obviously track his stats and even the errors of his teammates. I only saw the finals and it looked to me like he had plenty of help. The defense was by far the best we have seen all year.
well, he is actually not my son, but I do keep the team statsSmile
wow! first time on this site and I cannot believe the posts going back and forth. Amazing! I just wanted to say Congratulations to the CAL Centurion 8th grade team and to all of those boys who were named to the various all-star and Ky state teams. Great accomplishment to all.
This team is extremely talented and very well coached. I remember some of these ball players from the old Kyfl league in Louisville. I very proud of you guys representing the way you did and shedding a little more light on Jefferson County football. The guys I know from there do the right things by all their plAyers and a belated thanks for you hospitality when:wenumber1 we came to your house in the Kyfl. CONGRATS CHRISTIAN ACADEMY OF LOUISVILLE STATE CHAMPS
Triaxmedia Wrote:wow! first time on this site and I cannot believe the posts going back and forth. Amazing! I just wanted to say Congratulations to the CAL Centurion 8th grade team and to all of those boys who were named to the various all-star and Ky state teams. Great accomplishment to all.
it is almost sad how ridiculous some of these comments are... get over yourselves.
Good job this year CAL and a special shout out to Coach Williams..
Im hearing there is another interested in attending!