Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cubs fire Mike Quade
THANK GOD!!!!!

People can rule out Ryan Sandberg for the job too because the New Cubs Manager will have managerial or coaching experience at the major league level. Having Coaching or Managerial experience is a must for new cubs Manager
Did that open the door for the Red Sox GM?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
he's already here. They've already had press conferences introducing him and New GM Hoyer and Hoyer's assistant.
according to Ken Rosenthal of FOX Sports the Cubs aren't likely to purse any current MLB Managers.

Looks like the Cubs list for Managers is gonna be short!
List of Possible Managers for Cubs in 2012:

Terry Francona (It's a Long shot that he get's it)

Mike Maddux (Rangers Pitching Coach) (Also on a short list for the Red Sox Managerial Position)

Dave Sveum (Brewers Batting Coach) (Also on a short list for the Red Sox Managerial Position)

Pete Mackanin (Phillies Bench Coach)

Bobby Valentine (ESPN Analyst)

I'm sure there will be others.
I meant that I hope he gets free-reign to choose who he thinks will be best.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Hardest job in baseball.IMO. It would be tough for anyone to come to the Cubs.ALOT of pressure comes with that job.
Mike Maddux and Dave Sveum are near the top of the Cubs list for Managers

Terry Francona and Ryne Sandberg aren't on the Cubs list

Pete Mackanin is suppose to interview for the position
Terry Francona is the logical choice
I say bring Sandberg in as 3rd base coach, and let him get some experience. He isn't going himself any good being in 2a or 3a ball. I think it would help.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
Mike Maddux has withdrawn his name from the Red Sox Consideration saying he didn't wanna be far from his home in Texas. I'm assuming he will with draw his name from the Cubs position too, even tho he's yet to meet with Cubs officials
Strikeout King Wrote:THANK GOD!!!!!

People can rule out Ryan Sandberg for the job too because the New Cubs Manager will have managerial or coaching experience at the major league level. Having Coaching or Managerial experience is a must for new cubs Manager

I didn't like this at all...

This season was 0% the managers fault....
Tell that to Mike Quade. It is always the manager's fault.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
cougarpride08 Wrote:Tell that to Mike Quade. It is always the manager's fault.

I watched around 85 or 95 Cubs games and Quade wasn't the reason they sucked.... Need to get 4 or 5 players out of Chicago..

Cubs have the 6th highest Team Salary in the MLB. Cubs are paying way too much money for washed up players like:

Soriano - $19,000,000
Pena - $10,000,000
Dempster - $15,000,000

That's why the Cubs suck right now, paying those guys to be your "big players." and Ramirez is over paid at $15,000,000 but I like him on the team but should be around $5,500,000.....

QUIT throwing away all that money....
I do agree that Dempster needs to go.

Ramirez is a free agent so that will save some money

Pena is also a free agent
just read on mlbtraderumors that the Royals have interest in Carlos Zambrano.
bout time