5. Ryle
6. Boone County
7. Cooper
8. Campbell County
9. Cov. Holy Cross
10. Conner
Others: Dixie- 6, Bellevue- 1

http://nky.cincinnati.com/apps/pbcs.dll/...111010332/

Interesting notes: Dixie started the year ranked 3rd and finished unranked. Boone finished 4th in their district, but is 2 spots ahead of 1 seed Campbell. Holy Cross beat Cooper and lost to Conner, but is ranked below Cooper and ahead of Conner.

Another fun football season in NKY.
I don't think Newcath would have beat Ryle, Boone Co, or Cooper.
^ And I think you are wrong! Campbell County played all four, and NCC was hands down the best!
Cooper flat out destroyed Campbell co. NewCath didn't. Ryle and Boone are both too physical for Newcath. Boone also destroyed Campbell Co. Newcath didn't. Newcath is also too soft for Ryle.
Wideleft01 Wrote:Cooper flat out destroyed Campbell co. NewCath didn't. Ryle and Boone are both too physical for Newcath. Boone also destroyed Campbell Co. Newcath didn't. Newcath is also too soft for Ryle.

LOL, so how many of those games were you on the sideline? You have absolutely NO CLUE what you are talking about! I was there, on the sideline, and the best team of those four is New Cath!
I saw the Cooper ncc scrimmage from the sideline. ncc is not a tough power team. There's also a huge dropoff when they sub. This year is it for ncc. I don't see anything in the pipeline.
I saw Holy Cross beat Cooper and I saw some of the NCC/Cooper scrimmage, and even though it was at the beginning of the season, Im not convinced Cooper beats NCC, it would be close though. As far as Ryle and Boone, Ryle would beat NCC, Boone probably not.
Wideleft01 Wrote:I saw the Cooper ncc scrimmage from the sideline. ncc is not a tough power team. There's also a huge dropoff when they sub. This year is it for ncc. I don't see anything in the pipeline.

I live in Alexandria and have said the same thing about Brossart for the last 10 years - I've given up!
wideleft their is a reason u named yourself that you missed it again. First the Cooper scrimmage it was just that NCC didn't even play the first team Def they brought 4-5 players in every play the O played limited it was if they wanted to see what some of the young guys could do. Second the whole pipe line statement is just as bad, they might have the best RB in Northern Ky back in Hayes look at the stats and its with out him playing 1 game against lloyd and the last game against beechwood (14-161), top two O-lineman back elliot and thacker, the whole linebacker crew with the exception of 53 Ross, but thacker will play that positin and he was by far the best LB they had before he went down. Both D tackles back d ends will be gone, but NCC has played 2 others at that spot all year so maybe even more then the starters.
Def I think they will be better next year. At Off Rb will be better the only issue I see is Half the line and the rumor to that is one of the big linemen that played freshman year is playing next year as a JR, and losing Brady that is big. The real question next year is who will step up as a leader and if the line can give Josh Cain time to throw it if those two think happen it will be another great year.
My next year top ten NKy
1. Highlands

2a. Covcath
2b. Campbell Co
2c. NCC

5. Beechwood
6. Simon Kenton
7. Ryle
8. Cooper
9. Holmes
10. Dixie, Holy Cross, Or Lloyd

That being said NCC could end the year #2 in NKY or at least where they ended it this year #4
My statement before someone says something on ther best RB in Northern KY is the best returning RB back. Those that are not SR's
walking tall Wrote:My statement before someone says something on ther best RB in Northern KY is the best returning RB back. Those that are not SR's

Harris from Highlands is better and he returns. He is bigger, stronger, and faster. Highlands has 3 other guys that would supplant Hayes if they attended NCC. One is even named Hayes.
Come on Jalen is fast, but very light in weight more like a receiver. I've talked to alot of your Highland fans and they all say Dylan Hayes would start this year with his running style. I'm sure your right Highland RB will have better #'s just because they play one way and have alot better line as a whole. If you think for once i don't know the Highland kids you are wrong you might not know the NCC kids as well as you think.
The irony to all this is when Mason Meyers was in the Highlands league he was the next great running back know no one even talks about him because he's at NCC I think he could have been the starting RB at Highlands and we would have had a conversation about how great he was and everyone else was not at his level. I hope next year NCC uses both Hayes and Meyers so we can hear how neither one of them could make it in a Highlands uniform.
I think the rankings above are fairly accurate
The first 6 compare exactly with Freeman ratings

the last 4 would shake out as such

#7 Holy Cross 19.2
#8 Cooper 18.1
#9 Conner 16.6
#10 Campbell 9.6 (but most improved)
walking tall Wrote:The irony to all this is when Mason Meyers was in the Highlands league he was the next great running back know no one even talks about him because he's at NCC I think he could have been the starting RB at Highlands and we would have had a conversation about how great he was and everyone else was not at his level. I hope next year NCC uses both Hayes and Meyers so we can hear how neither one of them could make it in a Highlands uniform.

Those guys are both good players. I can't understand why they would rather go play Newport, Lloyd, Holy Cross and the also rans on NCC's schedule. Just like that Defensive lineman this year. He's big and has decent speed. If he compiled good stats at Highlands he might be recruited by someone. Highlands guys get D1 offers if they're big and good. NCC's best players end up at Georgetown, Berea, Thomas More, etc.

Makes no sense. Try to excel against big schools rather than against Dayton and Ludlow. There's probably been some decent players lost in the albatross of playing little league competition in 2A.
walking tall Wrote:The irony to all this is when Mason Meyers was in the Highlands league he was the next great running back know no one even talks about him because he's at NCC I think he could have been the starting RB at Highlands and we would have had a conversation about how great he was and everyone else was not at his level. I hope next year NCC uses both Hayes and Meyers so we can hear how neither one of them could make it in a Highlands uniform.

This is my point exactly. No one is going to mention anyone from NCC as one of the greats based on the fact they play 2A. All things being equal, the guy at Highlands is going to be more well-regarded than the guy sacking Brossart's Qb.
oh sorry forgot about Connor.