Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Tattoos and Piercings
This thread was a big hit the first time that I started it so let's talk about them again.

Who has either? Where is your piercing? What is your tattoo?

If you don't have a tattoo, what would you get if you were to?

Ask any questions about tattoos and piercings too, I'm pretty knowledgable about either.

The following are 2 pictures of the tattoo that I got today. Feel free to ask any questions about them as well.
no piercings, no tattoos...OUCH!!!

Yours looks cute though...
Thanks BGG.

This time was my second. I have a tribal sun on my right shoulder and now these Chinese symbols going down my spine. As far as piercings go, I have 2- 2 gauge piercings and 2- 16 gauge piercings all of which are in my ears.

The first tattoo didn't hurt too bad and today the second one down was the worst one yet but I dealt quite well I think.
What do the chinese symbols mean?
i wouldnt have either of em
3 (the two on my arm look like one)
No piercings or tattoos, I love looking at other peoples tattoos and seeing why they got them and what they mean.
I have one on my left and right shoulder.
I have 4 seperate tattoos. But 2 of them have been worked on several times, as I'm working on full pieces on my upper arms.

My left arm started out as a cross that looked like it was branded onto my arm. With the word RETRIBUTION across it. After several more times of getting it added to, the branding isn't as obvious. Now it is a cross, with a graveyard, moon, and red sky background.

My right arm started out as another cross. With vines wrapped around it, and 2 hidden faces in it. Now I have 4 good sized skulls around it. One skull isn't done, as I waited for the last piece, which is a rose, that was going to be wrapped into the skull.

On my back, I have a very, very large set of prayer hands, with my fathers name under it. This is my favorite tattoo I have.

On my right leg, I wanted a man, with stitches hanging from a cross shaped puppeteer concept. Good looking tattoo, but the man turned out to look like what Jesus is thought to be, so I never brought myself to finish this one. There is a sky back drop, as well as two scrolls around the whole thing. I was going to get words placed in the scrolls, but just never could bring myself to finish it.

I'm far from finished with getting tattoos. But it will be a while before I start on another one. Keep in mind, that every tat I have is really huge. My arm and leg works, would fit on most of my friends backs, easily covering a lot of space. I never meant to get tats this big, but the guy that does them for me, loved working on big pieces.

Future tat ideas for myself are, a black rose with a snake wrapped around it on my left leg. And an Angel, breaking an hour glass, with one foot on land, one on water, saying, "time will be no more." This one may go on my chest.

I will try to post some pics in the next couple days of the tats I have.
very nice tribe
i always wanted my initials on my are with barb wire wrapped around, just couldn't bring myself to do it.
no peircings either
I wanna get the symbol for hero and my dad's initials on my shoulder, then I'm done, that would make 5, but none are visible when I'm clothed
BlueGrassGirl Wrote:What do the chinese symbols mean?

Always in my heart.
I'm guessing that I have 12-13 but none visible with a T shirt and Jeans on. Mostly Dragons and wizards and such mythical stuff as that.
Any pictures of them Midee?
Tribe I really like your tat
but I like the message and meaning, that is what impressed me most of all.
Nice thought by someone so young to be that mature.

Im Impressed
Doc
Thanks Doc. My pleasure to have a conversation with you last night.
The pleasure was all mine
thetribe Wrote:Always in my heart.

thats beautiful...
I have my belly button pierced and although it's no big deal I'm getting the top of my ear pierced on my birthday...it's nothing big but it's something I've always wanted and with me going to be 18 that day I won't have to have anyone sign...I figure it'd be better than buying my mom cigarettes or buying a lottery ticket.

BTW any reccomendation on where I could get it done? I got my belly button pierced the first time at SmallTown in Prestonsburg and had problems and then the 2nd itme I got it done at Southern Steel and haven't had any problems...
I'd like to have a Nautical Star on my shoulderblade, or 3 of them on my ribs
DTfan Wrote:I have my belly button pierced and although it's no big deal I'm getting the top of my ear pierced on my birthday...it's nothing big but it's something I've always wanted and with me going to be 18 that day I won't have to have anyone sign...I figure it'd be better than buying my mom cigarettes or buying a lottery ticket.

BTW any reccomendation on where I could get it done? I got my belly button pierced the first time at SmallTown in Prestonsburg and had problems and then the 2nd itme I got it done at Southern Steel and haven't had any problems...

First off, thanks BGG.

DT, you could have actually signed for that piercing when you were 16 but anyways, if you are going to get it done I would recommend Southern Steel. I got my tattoo done there yesterday and it is a very clean, nice environment and if you already have a piercing from there and had no trouble with it then I would go back. All infections aren't the piercers fault because some people's bodies are allergic to nickel or other problems.

That cartlige piercing doesn't hurt bad and as long as you don't lay on it alot or hold the phone on that side too much it shouldn't give you any trouble at all after the first couple of days. I made both of those mistakes when I first got mine done and well, it was sore for a few days.

Good luck though, when you get it done I want to see.
I recommend Small Town for anything. Very clean, and trust me, I've spent well enough time to find out everything about it. Also some of the most friendly people I have ever been around. Use to hang out there almost everyday of the week.
Very clean.

Tribe is also right about problems not always being the places fault. Some people are just alergic to what ever type of metal they get put in. Or they just don't take the best care of it.

Man I can't wait to get some pics of my tats and post them. I like showing my tats to other people with tats, and checking out theirs. Most times they are the only people I value any kind of an opinion from about tats.
i don't have any tattoos, but i have my ears pierced and i want my bellybutton done soon.
Eike I can't wait to see all of them, they sound awesome.
Cameron Crazy I have seen the three Nautical Stars on someones ribs and really think that looks awesome.
[Image: http://www.chinese-symbols.com/chinese-s...h/hero.gif]I'm getting that on my back with my dad's initials under it, it means hero
5 Tattoes
Right Shoulder: Tribal Scorpion
Left Shoulder: Tribal/Keltic Design
Right Leg (Outside): Bioharzard Symbol (I have no clue why)
Left Leg (Outside): Small Cougar crawling up my leg
Left Leg (Inside): 3 Lightning Bolts Interchanging Red/Blue on each one
I only have one and its above my right ankle, got it after my friends daughter got killed and the next day my mother passed away. My friend and i went together and got tats. Mine is a celestial design meant to symbolize how times are always changing from light to dark and back again, the chinese symbol stands for heaven and there are two shooting stars on the outside , one for each of them. This way they are always close to me.
I like that idea BFritz.

And bball, my tattoo serves as a memorial in part as well, I really like yours.
thetribe Wrote:Always in my heart.

Is that what they told you it meant? WOW I worked in Asia and it says...
well never mind.