Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Top 10 Wrestling Teams in 2011-2012
who do you think will make the top 10???
Do most of the schools in Eastern, KY have wrestling teams? As this question indicates, I'm not well informed about the wrestling situation for high schools.

Thus I obviously can not comment on who I would think would be the top teams, but am definitely interested in the sport and what schools will be participating.
we are in the Region 8, They are quite afew teams here,Pike Central,Belfry,East Ridge,Sheldon Clark,Perry Co., Johnson Central,Letcher Co. They are more just cant think of them all...its a great sport I wish more people would get involved,these kids work so hard... if your interested come watch practice,Pike Central practices 4:30 - 6 everyday after school in the lunch room.. Johnson Central's JJ Jude won the state championship last year
There was another Johnson Central wrestler that won state last year also. Zack Salyers. He was a senior last year I think. Coach Mattney has a good thing over there being over both programs. Kids from football takes care of wrestling and visa verse. If more programs did that it would help. Three more months of legal conditioning. Can't blame Mattney for that.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR="Blue"]
My Priorities are:
1)God
2)Family
3)Cougar Athletics!

Everything else doesn't matter![/COLOR]
I dont see why more schools dont have wrestling programs and do the same thing. I would love to see bell implement wrestling.
I wish more of our football players came out for wrestling I think PCC has 3 players....its a awesome sport...love it...our football coach doesnt like the wrestling program so doesnt incourage his players for football off-season sport... we do offer a great feeder program and helps alot
Campbell County & Ryle will both be ranked in the top 5. Campbell County has a great chance to win another state title for coach Bankemper
Eastern Ky, Region 8 is one of the larger regions in the state. 12 teams.
Ashland, Belfry, East Ridge, Johnson Central, Lawrence, Letcher, McCreary, Perry, Pike, Sheldon Clark, Wayne, and Whitley.
the Region is getting bigger do ya think they will break it down
No, some other Regions have more. The only thing I can see them doing in the future is re aligning. The 2 Louisville area regions have 4-5 teams. I can see them adding more to those regions before they would ever break down region 8.

IMO I wanna see the 16 man bracket back. With district and regional tournaments. I know why they do it, but being a state qualifier used to mean something. Now theres a lot of kids that go to state simply because they made weight. Meaning there wasnt more then 4 people in their weight class at Region. With the location being moved, and more mats brought in, there is no way they will ever go back to 16 now.