Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Northern Pulaski 36 - Farnsley 6
Northern with another dominating performance.
Sets up Whitley and North Pulaski. Good luck to both.
Northern defeated Whitley earlier this season 56-6 or something like that.
^
They did but someone also told me we didnt have mills for that one.
Expect a totally different ball game.
For all you of you that don't believe in hold backs I feel sorry for you. Get with the program look at the Kmsfa finals. Hold Backs will dominate this show. I love the physical domination. So here's your crying towel and see quit crying . My son will be 20 as a division 1 freshman in college and yours will be a team manager.
Yeehawwww
Nice job country boyz
Sure was nice off all of n.pulaski's 16 year old to drive up to take on Farnsley's 12 year olds. Pulaski should be proud n hold their heads up high. But next time. Please shave before the 7th grade game if you wanna look like 12 year olds
Wow you sound so intelligent. So what happens if he still does not play college football or even go to college? Oh i know it means is your son will be working for my son.
:lmao:I think truly when a child is allowed to mature it only males sense to hold everybody back or start them in school 1 yr later. Look what players have been held back and how much different the level of play is. Farnsley run thru "Jefferson County competition" and they had their a--es handed to them .7th and 8th grade wow . These schools might have special teams once in a blue moon. Jefferson county teams as well as others need to get with the program. I heard one 15 yr old kid say wow I am a sophomore can I move to pulaski county and be held back and I laughed and said might be a betterballplayer.
HOLDEM BACK Wrote:For all you of you that don't believe in hold backs I feel sorry for you. Get with the program look at the Kmsfa finals. Hold Backs will dominate this show. I love the physical domination. So here's your crying towel and see quit crying . My son will be 20 as a division 1 freshman in college and yours will be a team manager.

I hope this is some kind of bad joke. What awful priorities.

Yes- please- feel sorry for all the people who expect their children to have a normal path to success gained by their own physical & mental successes & failures and not thru meddling by wonderful parenting like this one.

Good luck also with getting your son his first job, his first wife, his second & third job, his insurance, his second wife, his retirement and raising your grand kids.
bluedad1 Wrote:I hope this is some kind of bad joke. What awful priorities.

Yes- please- feel sorry for all the people who expect their children to have a normal path to success gained by their own physical & mental successes & failures and not thru meddling by wonderful parenting like this one.

Good luck also with getting your son his first job, his first wife, his second & third job, his insurance, his second wife, his retirement and raising your grand kids.
How is holding a child back meddling? Just because parents don't want their children to be going to college at 17 instead of 18, that's meddling? What's the difference in starting a child a year late or holding them back in 7th or 8th grade? NONE!!!!!! So let's all come down off that holier-than-thou high horse and let the kids play and have fun. By the way, did you know that Northern has several hold backs that are now the same age as other 8th graders who didn't hold back? It's not like these kids will be 20 or older graduating high school. Bottom line, IT"S LEGAL, GET OVER IT!!!!!:moon:
So should I take it those so called several should actuallybe playing freshman fball? I'm just saying if ya got a team of actual true 7th & 8th graders up against should be freshmen, big difference.But hey hold em back to dominate.
Forever Maroon Wrote:How is holding a child back meddling? Just because parents don't want their children to be going to college at 17 instead of 18, that's meddling? What's the difference in starting a child a year late or holding them back in 7th or 8th grade? NONE!!!!!! So let's all come down off that holier-than-thou high horse and let the kids play and have fun. By the way, did you know that Northern has several hold backs that are now the same age as other 8th graders who didn't hold back? It's not like these kids will be 20 or older graduating high school. Bottom line, IT"S LEGAL, GET OVER IT!!!!!:moon:

I hear this line of thinking all the time. The whole thing about being 17 when going to college. If your son or daughter would ENTER college at 17 then they went to school young for their age. Most of the holdbacks people are talking about this is not the case. Holdbacks that have an impact are ones that enter the 8th grade at 14 and will turn 15 during the school year. In some cases they will turn 15 during the fall. In other cases it would be later in the school year.

For those that do not know this has been an issue with the KYMSFA since the beginning. If you look across the teams over the past few years in the semifinals you'll find that they often have 3+ players that will turn 15. Also if you were not aware there are certain areas in the state in which this is a very common practice. People have tried for a few years to get it in place that a student held back for any reason could not play in the KYMSFA.
My only probleem about this holdback issue, has to be the parents? What kind of a lesson are you teaching your children? Winning a trophy on a Middle School Level means that much to you? What do you hold your head up high at your local Waffle House because you beat kids that were 2 years younger than you? You are suppose to win those games. The funniest part is, I never hear about these kids or even their high school teams doing anything on a high school level. So yes I am surprised that you can really feel good about this. It is sad. If God has a plan for your son to make it in a sport it will happen regardless.
I think it's obvious to opposing teams that must attempt to match up with such teams. Poor sportsmanship at it's best. What is there for these teams to gain? My opinion, there needs to be some serious thought as to how the KMSFA can put a stop to this so that all teams are on a level playing field. If the league continues to allow this then it's no different than what was a problem in the youth leagues.
Forever Maroon Wrote:How is holding a child back meddling? Just because parents don't want their children to be going to college at 17 instead of 18, that's meddling? What's the difference in starting a child a year late or holding them back in 7th or 8th grade? NONE!!!!!! So let's all come down off that holier-than-thou high horse and let the kids play and have fun. By the way, did you know that Northern has several hold backs that are now the same age as other 8th graders who didn't hold back? It's not like these kids will be 20 or older graduating high school. Bottom line, IT"S LEGAL, GET OVER IT!!!!!:moon:

...if you're holding a kid back for sports, you have screwed up priorities in life and you are teaching your kids the same screwed up priorities- all for a middle school trophy. Can't be any more clear on that point.
bluedad1 Wrote:...if you're holding a kid back for sports, you have screwed up priorities in life and you are teaching your kids the same screwed up priorities- all for a middle school trophy. Can't be any more clear on that point.
BlueDad well put and there is no doubt there are a few teams that do that and I'm sure most coaches could single out those that are allowing this.
Northern will kill Whitley Again today!!!
Jumper Dad Wrote:Northern will kill Whitley Again today!!!
No hold backs no chance for Witley!
Northern should win this game pretty easily.
Hold backs or not there is an age limit for all participants.

I know one 8th grader that had to stop playing a week or two ago due to having a birthday.

As far as Whitley never holding back kids....is that something new? I remember watching them play 5 or 6 years ago and half of the 8th graders it seemed have full growth on their beards... a parent told me that at least a couple of those kids wouldn't be able to play their senior season due to being too old if they kept playing ball.
What! Must of been turning 16. Haha
Jumper Dad Wrote:I know one 8th grader that had to stop playing a week or two ago due to having a birthday.

Why is this? Either the player legal age wise or he isn't. I can think of no reason as far as age goes that having a birthday would prevent a player from finishing the season.
if "actual" 7th and 8th graders have to play holdback teams like pulaski, then there should be a rule such as the.. desinated hitter.. in baseball, when you play teams such as pulaski, you should be able to bring your own 16,17 year olds to play against them.. call them. "bringbacks" from teams for a year or 2 ago. let them play against teams like pullaski.. at least help the age n size match up..see how dominant they are when the play kids their actual age
I don't disagree that holding a kid back can be beneficial for their development both academically and athletically in some cases, but thinking that is the formula for D1 college football scholarships or even high school football success is a little ridiculous. News flash, next year they are the same age as everyone. And even when they are seniors, there isn't near as much of a difference between a 17 and an 18-19 year old as there is between a 15 and a 13 or 14 year old.
The score was actually 36-14. Farnsley was talented enough to get two scores on Pulaski's first them defense. Battling uphill.
BM82 Wrote:My only probleem about this holdback issue, has to be the parents? What kind of a lesson are you teaching your children? Winning a trophy on a Middle School Level means that much to you? What do you hold your head up high at your local Waffle House because you beat kids that were 2 years younger than you? You are suppose to win those games. The funniest part is, I never hear about these kids or even their high school teams doing anything on a high school level. So yes I am surprised that you can really feel good about this. It is sad. If God has a plan for your son to make it in a sport it will happen regardless.
Northern and southern have just started holding kids back the last few years, so yes you will be hearing from them in high school the next few years. Most teams in high school football that win state championships do have several 19 year olds on their team and it makes a huge difference. It is legal so stop crying.:HitWall:
Playing sports was the happiest moments in my life. Grade school throughout college. I wished my parents would of held me back just ONE year. It would of made a big difference in my life, physically and academically. I wasnt ready for college when I just turned 18 that summer. Wasted 2 years of college figuring out what I wanted to do. Could of got a lot more offers in sports as well. Some people are very gifted athletically and dont need to stay back, some need another year to bloom.
meat loaf Wrote:Northern and southern have just started holding kids back the last few years, so yes you will be hearing from them in high school the next few years. Most teams in high school football that win state championships do have several 19 year olds on their team and it makes a huge difference. It is legal so stop crying.:HitWall:

It CAN make a difference, but it doesn't necessarily mean it will. When I was in 7th grade Corbin came here to Somerset and we beat them something like 28-0. The next year as an 8th grader we went over to Corbin and Corbin's best player from the year before didn't even get to see the field on the 8th grade team because of all of their holdbacks, we lost by 6 or 7 something like 34-28. Flash forward to my senior year of high school, we have a great season making it to the state semifinals and Corbin is mediocre at best and finishes with a losing record. Rockcastle was the same way, destroyed us in middle school, but by the time we were seniors we were basically on the same level. And this is still the case today. We have a 16 year old junior who won't turn 18 until a few months after graduation, and he is one of the best defensive players in the county. We have several sophomores that are the same way. Storm Wilson was arguably the best player in the county when he was a sophomore. Hell almost all of Trinity's athletes are sophomores and juniors.

So while I don't disagree that there have been 19 year olds on state championship high school teams, they didn't win because they had 19 year olds. They won because they worked harder than everyone else up to that point and they had great coaches to aid in their development. Like I said before, there is little difference between a 19 year old and 17 or 18 year old.