Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will the Yankees win the World Series this year?
With the addition of Carl Pavano, Jaret wright, & Randy Johnson to the pitching staff, they have surely beefed up the rotation that was certainly their weakness last year.
I would say they are odds favorite out in Vegas.. I have never understood the salary cap in baseball or if even one exist.. The last few Yankee teams remind me of one those fantasy teams you build on a playstation.
If I were a betting man, Id bet on the Yankees..
Personally, I hope the REDS have a good season..
I definitely agree. With that revampted pitching staff, the addition of Tony Womack and Tino Martinez are just what they needed, a couple of role players. Tony Womack will make a solid second baseman and an excellent leadoff hitter if they choose to use him in that role.
No, down with the evil empire.
"thejuggernauts" Wrote:I definitely agree. With that revampted pitching staff, the addition of Tony Womack and Tino Martinez are just what they needed, a couple of role players. Tony Womack will make a solid second baseman and an excellent leadoff hitter if they choose to use him in that role.

From what I have read, Womack will be thier leadoff hitter, which is another thing they were lacking last season. Jeter is a better #2 hitter than a leadoff man. Tino's return was also a great addition, he's definitely a better defensive player than Giambi in my opinion.
Nah odds on favorite in Vegas is the Red Sox again, but the Yanks will be dangerous, no doubt in my mind, don't say anything now but i think the Cardinals are well on their way to a Series win in the near future, when it is all said and done, Pujols will be the best to ever step on the field.
I hope not!
I hope not too.. I'm tired of the Yankees..
"4leaf" Wrote:No, down with the evil empire.

I afree 4leaf !!!

Down with the evil empire !!!
"torQQue" Wrote:I would say they are odds favorite out in Vegas.. I have never understood the salary cap in baseball or if even one exist.. The last few Yankee teams remind me of one those fantasy teams you build on a playstation.
If I were a betting man, Id bet on the Yankees..
Personally, I hope the REDS have a good season..

There isnt a salary cap so whoever willing to fork out the big dow and pay luxury taxes can get whoever they want. Poor, small market teams like the Reds dont have the kind of money to do that. Its very unfair. They need to get a salary cap just like football, parody brings in more fans.