Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Reds Winter Caravan - Update (my experience)
Anyone going to the Reds caravan this afternoon? They'll be in Ashalnd, Nicholasville, and Louisville today. I personally may be going to the Nicholasvile stop (Champion Sports) at 4:00. It's going to interfere with my UK game though. Guess I'll have to tape it.

More details at http://cincinnati.reds.mlb.com
I dont' understand, do you have to buy tickets to go or what?
I dont think so 4leaf... But you will have to fight through the crowd to get an autograph..
If they would have scheduled it on a non-uk game day then it would have been more convienent for alot of people (me really).
No, it was free and open to the public. I thought the link may have stated all the details. My bad if it didn't.

It was pretty crowded in Nicholasville, but not so bad that they couldn't get everyone (or at least the majority). We got there pretty early, but sat in the parking lot and waited for the bus to arrive. I actually held the door open for some Reds as they walked in. We could have been up in the line, but they had a tv showing the UK game (per Marty Brennaman's request), so I stood there and watched for a few minutes and some people passed me up. But, as far back as we were, we were still out in plenty of time to catch a big part of the 2nd half.

I got the Reds (and staff) to sign some cards they handed out with their names. My prized possession now is a black Louisville Slugger I bought a while back specifically to get Kearns to sign. I finally got that out of the way, so now I can relax. Big Grin

It was fun. They were really friendly and willing to talk. I'll probably have something ready next year to get signed when they come back. Smile

They still have 1 stop left in Louisville, so if you're near there, go check it out. It's pretty cool.
Who all attended from the Reds? Was it the whole team or just certain players?
"blackcatfan4life" Wrote:Who all attended from the Reds? Was it the whole team or just certain players?

Just a few players. I'm not sure about all the other stops, but GM Dan O'Brien, Senior Special Assistant Gene Bennett, Manager Dave Miley, Broadcasters Steve Stewart and Marty Brennaman, minor leaguer Richie Gardner, Luke Hudson, Josh Hancock, and Austin Kearns were there.

I think Chris Sabo (now Daytons hitting coach), Kent Mercker, Aaron Harang, and Ryan Freel were at some other stops.