Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Pike County Central 53, Prestonsburg 7
I think another key factor was P-Burg didn't really try to run the football, they might have attempted like 7-8 rush attempts.

Pike Central has showed a better developed running game this year and ran pretty successfully against the Blackcats.
Congrats to PC!!! Great win for the Hawks. Defense looked great and held Pburg to 7. The offense was game on!!!!
Now let's get ready for Magoffin Co!!
J-Rod Wrote:I think another key factor was P-Burg didn't really try to run the football, they might have attempted like 7-8 rush attempts.

Pike Central has showed a better developed running game this year and ran pretty successfully against the Blackcats.

No, Prestonsburg's offense has been built around the passing game over the past few seasons. The running game is supposed to be set up by the pass.

The last few P-burg posters have it on cue. I can count on one hand the number of Blackcat teams who've "mailed it in" this badly over the past 35+ seasons. Have NO CLUE what P-burg can do at this point to be ready for next Friday. But if they don't find -something-, they'll be a number of kids who'll look back at this season with a TON of regret (once they see REAL LIFE is FAR tougher than playing football).

Though I wish nothing but the best for the Hawks in the tourney, it's doubtful this game will be helpful in prepping for it.

:HitWall:
Could it possibly be that the players have lost faith in themselves after seeing the fan base loose the same with them gradually as the season progressed. Not a cat fan but early in the season they had it togather. Frustration seems to be a big zapper. The cats may reward their homies in the Play offs if they are not abandoned by their fans.The fans of the 2/8 Paintsville Tigers haven't quit on them????
Congrats Pike Central
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
BCF4L Wrote:Wow. Pburg just flat out sucks this year. The best thing that can happen is some of these kids graduate. They don't have the toughness to be football players.
Super wow what a great AD post. Just simply cerebral and perhaps the best in the history of the forum. I am amazed and not even a P-burg fan just a player fan. I am at a loss for words. BCF4L I think that perhaps the program needs you sir. With your touch the B-Cats would probably be undefeated. Amazing. Did ya ever work out in August,run the Burma Road or play Bull In The Ring ? "Graduate"!!!!!:
I was not going to say anything but maybe Pike Central is just a little better than people on here gives them credit for. Pike Central played a heck of a game friday night. The defense and offense line done their job. Boggs had all day to throw . And the line gave Smith and Boggs big holes to run in. Smith had about a 100 yards Boggs had about 400 in the air and 150 yards rushing. Give credit where credit is due. Pburg has a very good team and will make a strong run in the playoffs. Besides weren't they in everyone's top 10 until a couple of weeks ago? Keep your head up Pburg don't believe all of this sarcasm that's on this thread.
hawkeye Wrote:I was not going to say anything but maybe Pike Central is just a little better than people on here gives them credit for. Pike Central played a heck of a game friday night. The defense and offense line done their job. Boggs had all day to throw . And the line gave Smith and Boggs big holes to run in. Smith had about a 100 yards Boggs had about 400 in the air and 150 yards rushing. Give credit where credit is due. Pburg has a very good team and will make a strong run in the playoffs. Besides weren't they in everyone's top 10 until a couple of weeks ago? Keep your head up Pburg don't believe all of this sarcasm that's on this thread.

Hawkeye, Pike Central is definitely no slouch. Very solid team who laid one hellava ass whoopin on my Blackcats. Good luck in the playoffs as i will be supporting all local teams.
Congrats to PC. U played a great game. Seen some real teamwork on the field.