Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Collins 56 - Bryan Station 13
Final

Very impressive win for the Titans. They finish the regular season with a 8-2 record. Bryan Station finishes the regular season with a 6-4 record. They will host Fern Creek in the 1st round of the 6A playoffs next week.
Congrats Titans!
This is a 2nd year program (talking about Collins), but didn't two smaller schools merge to make this new school?
sstack Wrote:This is a 2nd year program (talking about Collins), but didn't two smaller schools merge to make this new school?

No Shelby County split in half into Martha Layne Collins HS and Shelby County HS.
^Wow the opposite!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Congrats Collins
congrats to Collins.
Collins will play Moore in the First Round of the playoffs.
Unranked 4A Collins demolishes #7 6A Bryan Station...
Brooks has to be one of the best LB's in the state. He put on a clinic last night.
Not sure who Collins plays next week. We are thinking Moore but KHSAA pulled down the matchups on Wed.
I think we are on a count down to play N. Oldham again in 3 weeks.
Congrats Collins
Gold Charger Wrote:Unranked 4A Collins demolishes #7 6A Bryan Station...

Collins is playing some excellent football, and has been all year. As I keep saying, 4A is stacked with teams just below the top tier. I honestly think their are about 15 4A teams that would beat all but top 4or5 5A and most of the ranked 6A teams on a regular basis.
Wow what a butt whipping.
laker20 Wrote:Collins is playing some excellent football, and has been all year. As I keep saying, 4A is stacked with teams just below the top tier. I honestly think their are about 15 4A teams that would beat all but top 4or5 5A and most of the ranked 6A teams on a regular basis.

I completely agree. 5A is so down this year.
Great win for Collins last night, but I do believe that Bryan Station sat out some key players last night as not to get them hurt on a wet and sloppy field going into the play offs....
laker20 Wrote:Collins is playing some excellent football, and has been all year. As I keep saying, 4A is stacked with teams just below the top tier. I honestly think their are about 15 4A teams that would beat all but top 4or5 5A and most of the ranked 6A teams on a regular basis.

I agree 100%.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Navajo4life Wrote:Great win for Collins last night, but I do believe that Bryan Station sat out some key players last night as not to get them hurt on a wet and sloppy field going into the play offs....

3 of them BUT I don't think it would have made a difference.
Navajo4life Wrote:Great win for Collins last night, but I do believe that Bryan Station sat out some key players last night as not to get them hurt on a wet and sloppy field going into the play offs....

Yeah they sat some kids out, 34 and 11, but I don't think that would have made a difference. Their stud 27 was in the game till he met Mr Brooks in a hole, then he left the field hold his stomach. Collins just cam out and smacked them in the mouth and BS had NO answer!
That sounds like a great strategy to prepare for playoffs. Sit some kids out and get your teeth kicked in. Has to do wonders for your teams confidence level going into the playoffs. I wonder why everyone doen't do it? Long and short of it is Collins jumped all over them and there are 11 players on the field for both teams. if players were held out that is by Bryan Stations choice so they suffer the consequences. Those 2 kids could not have diverted the butt kicking anyway.
Gold Charger Wrote:Unranked 4A Collins demolishes #7 6A Bryan Station...
Hard to believe, it looks like Bryan Station just laid down an quit!?
Tommy2tone Wrote:Brooks has to be one of the best LB's in the state. He put on a clinic last night.
Not sure who Collins plays next week. We are thinking Moore but KHSAA pulled down the matchups on Wed.
I think we are on a count down to play N. Oldham again in 3 weeks.

Michael Brooks was amazing last night as always. I would hate to get hit by him. Like you said he has to be one of the best linebackers in the state.

Collins should win their first two games easily and have re-match with North Oldham in the regional championship.
Bryan Sta. 0 7 0 6 - 13
Collins 14 21 21 0 - 56

C - Spalding, fumble recovery (Nakatani kick), 7:36; C - Dugle, 4 run (Nakatani kick), 5:46; C - Dugle, 3 run (Nakatani kick), 10:17; BS - Warfield, 2 run (Hiler kick), 6:54; C - Dugle, 37 run (Nakatani kick), 6:09; C - Farris, 15 run (Nakatani kick), 5:07; C - Farris, 9 run (Nakatani kick), 8:01; C - Sames, 15 pass from Page (Nakatani kick), 5:52; C - Farris, 66 punt return (Creque kick), 2:33; BS - Puckett, 15 run (run failed), 0:48.

BrS Col
First downs 15 17
Rushing 33-120 39-241
Passing 104 95
C-att-int 11-24-1 6-11-0
Punts-avg. 3-25.3 1-35.0
Fumbles lost 2-1 3-0
Penalties 4-50 6-59

http://saxo.highschoolsports.net/article...es?Avis=B2